• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh SwSh Team-crafting Thread

Pick one.

• Total voters

Pax Unda

Reaction score
Title says it all - since we are getting info on the new region's Pokedex, I thought it would be appropriate on what teams people are planning to use. On my end, this is my current plan:

Sobble
Corviknight
Wooloo (if its evolution is viable)
Dreadnaw (unsure)
????
????

Also, as a side-note, if your planned team has Pokemon that haven't officially been revealed yet, please spoiler them.

The only lock for my team is Meowstic. Maybe Cinccino if we have easy access to hidden abilities.

I like to keep my team made of Pokemon that are native to the region (or their forms are, if they have a regional variant), so I will only be using the new Pokemon this gen. Grookey is my pick as my starter Pokemon (though for some reason I have been liking Sobble a lot today. Probably because I really like the in-game model), and so far I don't have any Pokemon that I would really consider for the team. The Pokemon that were introduced today are all really cool, but none of them are Team worthy yet.

Way too soon to be crafting any team for me. Especially since every first run of a Pokemon game I do with only the new guys, so I like to know what my options are and how soon I can get them before ironing out a team. Plus moves, abilities, and typing play a role in it. I do know that Scorbunny will be my starter, and I do admit Corviknight will be a shoo-in for me, but other than that, I don't have the slightest idea.

So far I plan on using Scorbunny and Corviknight for sure. I’m considering Wooloo but it’s potential evolution would really be the deciding factor. And lastly, as always I’ll use Staryu/Starmie if it’s available.

I honestly don't know if I'll choose Scorbunny anymore. Not that I don't like it, but every new bit of info on Sobble just makes me fall in love with it more and more. If it's feasible, I'll see if I can use both of them on my team. If breeding/trading comes too late in the game I won't bother. Corviknight is an absolute lock, and mine will be named Gabranth. Wooloo will definitely be on my team at the start, too, and I'm definitely interested in Eldegoss. So for now:

Sobble
Corviknight
Eldegoss
Wooloo

I'll leave the last 2 slots as wild cards because, as I learned from SM, there will most likely be 2 or more Pokemon that come out of left field and end up being stapled to my team despite me not planning for them. It happened with Furfrou in Gen 6, and it happened with Salazzle and Mudsdale in Gen 7. Black 2 could also be soloed with Scrafty, and ORAS was dominated by Klefki. I'm looking forward to what new Pokemon will just overtake this game for me.

With the new grass-type mons and seeing that Budew probably returns I might go for a Grass mono-type team, which for now is:
  • Grookey
  • Gossifleur
  • Budew
If Maractus is in this game, it'll be settled. The one, quite big, problem is that I probably can't use Wooloo then, except if it evolves into a (part) grass-type but I kinda doubt it. I do really love Wooloo...

I was leaning towards Scorbunny, but I'm falling in love with Sobble and at this point it only depends on the evolutions:

Raichu
Scorbunny
Corviknight
??
??
??

Sobble
Corviknight
Eldegoss
????
???
??

I would include old Pokemon, but Im planning on only playing w new pokemon for my first Galar playthrough to really immerse myself in gen VIII.

Here's all the old pokémon so far that you'll be able to catch in Sword/Shield: (UPDATED)
Caterpie-Metapod-Buttefree
Pichu-Pikachu-Raichu
Cleffa-Clefairy-Clefable
Vulpix-Ninetales
Diglett-Dugtrio
Growlithe-Arcanine
Machop-Machoke-Machamp
Gastly-Haunter-Gengar
Onix-Steelix
Rhyhorn-Rhydon-Rhyperior
Goldeen-Seaking
Magikarp-Gyarados
Eevee-Vaporeon/Jolteon/Flareon/Espeon/Umbreon/Leafeon/Glaceon/Slyveon
Munchlax-Snorlax
Hoothoot-Noctowl
Chinchou-Lantern
Togepi-Togetic-Togekiss
Wynaut-Wobbuffet
Wooper-Quagsire
Mantyke-Mantine
Sneasel-Weavile
Larvitar-Pupitar-Tyranitar
Lotad-Lombre-Ludicolo
Wingull-Pelipper
Ralts-Kirlia-Gardevoir/Gallade
Electrike-Manectric
Wailmer-Wailord
Budew-Roselia-Roserade
Trapinch-Vibrava-Flygon
Feebas-Milotic
Duskull-Dusclops-Dusknoir
Snorunt-Glalie/Froslass
Combee-Vesiquen
Bronzor-Bronzong
Riolu-Lucario
Hippopotas-Hippowdon
Snover-Abomasnow
Roggenrola-Boldore-Gigalith
Tympole-Palpitoad-Sesimitoad
Sawk
Trubbuish-Garbodor
Minccino-Cinccino
Vanillite-Vanillish-Vanilluxe
Frillish-Jellicent
Axew-Fraxure-Haxorus
Golett-Golurk
Rufflet-Braivary
Deino-Zweilous-Hydreigon
Bunnelby-Diggersby
Pancham-Pangoro
Espurr-Meowstic
Swirlix-Slurpuff
Inkay-Malamar
Hawlucha
Goomy-Sliggoo-Goodra
Bergmite-Avalugg
Grubbin-Charjabug-Vikavolt
Wishiwashi
Mudbray-Mudsdale
Stufful-Bewear
Bounsweet-Steenee-Tsareena
Mimikyu

How's the regional dex so far?
Did i forget any?
What pokémon are you expecting?

And before you ask, no i'm counting the Charizard cause i always every previous starter and legendary are instantly absent, the only exception was X/Y (Kalos)

Its also worth noting that these are the available pokémon in VGC 2020

Last edited:
With the playable demo at E3 revealing 2 more Pokemon, we have more options for new Pokemon for our team composing. The Dark/Fairy Pokemon Impidimp, and Electric Pokemon Yamper.

Now that I finally have what I think will be one of my early team members, I'll post again

Grookey
Yamper

This might be subject to change, just because final evolutions definitely will be playing a factor on whether I choose Grookey or Sobble, and if Yamper gets an evolution. While I love Yamper on his own, I want to see if he evolves, and into what. I also am waiting to see what other electric type options we get. But for now, this round corgi is on my team.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom