• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh SwSh Team-crafting Thread

Pick one.

• Total voters
I want to strictly use this regions new Pokémon on my first playthrough and from what we have so far, I'm thinking:

Sobble
Wooloo
Corviknight
Yamper

Subject to change until more gets revealed, same with starter evos depending on their designs.

UPDATE:
Machamp
Seaking
Togekiss
Ludicolo
Gardevoir and Gallade
Manectric
Glalie and Froslass
Vanilluxe
Galventula
are all confirmed

with the confirmation of Gardevoir and Vanilluxe lines, that alone basically confirms this image from the japanese site at this point
78hd9xB.png

Last edited:
For my first playthrough it will be an all-Galar team. Right now it's:
-Scorbunny or Sobble
-Corviknight
-Yamper

But we'll see how many evolutionary stages the last 2 have.

I typically go native for my first playthrough.
Definitely need to see more pokemon, some evo's and some stats/movepools before I can really make a native team.
Admittedly though, outside of the Gossifluer line I'm intrigued by most of the pokemon revealed thus far. Very high hopes for a Yamper evo, and hopefully the stats on Dreadnaw, Corviknight and Impidimp don't make them unusable.

In a future playthrough; I'll definitely be going with a Toho themed Kaiju team to have some fun with the dynamax feature.
Still some slots open for debate but I'm leaning towards Butterfree, Tyranitar, Hydreigon, Golurk, Dreadnaw and Haxorus for that team(last 3 are very much open to change, especially if Grookey evolves into a proper gorilla).

I always play with new Pokémon in my first playthroughs, so the Home news doesn’t affect my planning in this area.

Corviknight is the only one I’m pretty sure it’s a final two stage, so I’m considering taking it. For the others, it’d depend on their evolutions, although I’m tempted of taking Impidimp simply for the new double typing.

My main goal is to make a team of Pokémon I haven’t used in previous runs. Obviously the new ones are considered first but ever now and then I’ll have a classic mon catch me by surprise. Or I’ll have tried to use them previously and they didn’t fit and perhaps now they can. From the list so far:

Scorbunny
Wooloo
Corviknight
Drednaw
Yamper

Arcanine
Noctowl
Togekiss
Lucario
Bewear

It’ll depend on where they are in the game routes but I really look forward to giving these mons a try.

I can't say right now as I want to wait for more Pokémon reveals before theorycrafting a team, but I would definitely love to have Rolycoly on my team. I hope its ability works like Volt Absorb where it nullifies the damage, but seeing as it can lead to being double-type immune, it'll probably be more like Justified.

Definitely picking Sobble. Everything else depends on evolutions really. I do like Yamper and Corviknight though, especially. Considering a couple old favorites like Togekiss, Butterfree, and Tyranitar but I'll probably stick mostly to brand new mons.

I like Rolycoly, Yamper and Corviknight, but I won't commit since who knows what else they'll reveal.

The Steel/Dragon is cool too.

The following that are confirmed are:
The Hitmons
Swoobat
Maractus
Heliolisk
Gourgeist
Kommo-o

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom