• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh SwSh Team-crafting Thread

Pick one.

• Total voters
New Team Update!

Grookey
Yamper
Galarian Zigzagoon

Not all these choices are solid. Grookey will very likely be my starter, but if I can't stand Grookey's final evo I might switch to Sobble. Yamper also looks really good for the team, unless there are just 5 things I want more. And the newly introduced Galarian Zigzagoon line is still a shaky pick. Will know more when more is revealed to us.

I always get the Pikaclone so welcome aboard Morpeko.

I'm 50/50 on the Galarian Zigzagoon line. I love them and they're super cute, but I'm not sure yet. I'll have to wait and see what else we get.

so far we lookin at Sobble, Maractus, and good sir Weezing

After today's trailer, I'm absolutely going to have an Obstagoon on my team. Zigzagoon is an old favorite of mine and I'm hyped.

Still leaning towards Sobble as my starter. Also interested in Rolycoly, Yamper, and Corviknight.

So far, I think I am going to have a hard time choosing a team for SwSh. really eyeing that Galarian Weezing. I probably won't have one set up until the data mining happens, (if it happens before release anyway...)

Scorbunny, corviknight, espurr and the new zigzagoon line for my starting team so far!! it might change depending on how early you can catch corviknight, though

I'm still not sure what Starter I'm going to choose (My badge says Grookey but Scorbunny's battle animation is so cute and drawing me to it) so right now, I have two different team plans;

Grookey:
-Dreadnaw
-Alcremie
-Corviknight
-Arcanine/Ninetales
-Morpeko
-?

Scorbunny:
-Dreadnaw
- Alcremie
-Yamper/Morpeko
-Corviknight
-?
-?
I might add Morpeko to my Grookey team and replace Yamper for it on my Scorbunny team. It really depends on if I like Yamper’s evolution. I’ve also removed Rolycoly from my Grookey team until we see if Rolycoly has an evolution and I’m awaiting to see some new Fire types from Gen 8. Until then, I’ll use Arcanine/Ninetales as a placeholder for my Grookey team Fire type.

So it's hard to plan
-Sobble
-Drednaw(I know they both are water types)
-Corvinight
-I need a fire type , rolycoly's evolution may be rock-fire
-If we can get morpeko before nessa's gym I will get obstagoon then replace it by morpeko, if it is late game ,I need yamper to get an evo, while also having obstagoon
-galarian weezing

-Grookey
-Corviknight
-Yamper
-Obstagoon (if Grookey won't become a Dark type later)

Currently I’m planning on:
  • Sobble
  • Duraludon
  • ???/Corviknight/Drednaw
  • ???/Morpeko/Obstagoon
  • ???
  • ???/Toxicroak/Reuniclus/Kommo-o
All “???” are unrevealed new Pokémon. Of course this is subject to change as more Pokémon are revealed. Pretty much only Sobble and Duraludon are guaranteed to be on my team.

So far, Galarian Weezing and Rolycoly are the only ones that I definitely want on my team. I'm really liking their industrial theming. I'm still undecided between Sobble and Scorbunny as my starter, but they'll be in my team for sure.

The rest of my team will probably some mix of unnanounced Ghost and Grass types, like it usually ends up being for me.

I really do hope it won't be too hard to catch Gigantamax Pokemon in Max Raid battles, because I'd love to have at least 1 on my team. As of right now, it would probably be Alcremie, but I'll wait until I see all of them until I pin one down.
I also wonder how we are going to find them beyond just catching them randomly in the max raid battles.
You can catch Gigantamax Pokémon for your team by participating in Max Raid Battles, but it seems they’re very rare—finding one won’t be easy!

edit nvm i found this on the website while looking. It looks like randomly catching in max raid battles to get Gigantamax unless i am misunderstanding.
Some Pokémon have rare Abilities known as Hidden Abilities, which are different to their usual Abilities. In Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield, it seems that Pokémon caught in Max Raid Battles might have these Hidden Abilities. Plus, there’s also a chance that you’ll encounter a special Pokémon capable of Gigantamaxing in Max Raid Battles! While extremely rare, by attempting many different battles, there’s a chance you could even encounter a Pokémon that can Gigantamax...and also has a Hidden Ability!

I also wonder how we are going to find them beyond just catching them randomly in the max raid battles.

edit nvm i found this on the website while looking. It looks like randomly catching in max raid battles to get Gigantamax unless i am misunderstanding.

Yeah, it seems the Max Raid battles are the only way to get them. I just hope they aren't too too rare.

Grookey/Scorbunny
Corviknight
Wooloo
Yamper

Those are the ones I'm looking at right now based on what we know. The starter is going to depend on the final evolutions; if Scorbunny ends up being Fire/Fighting, I'm going to go with Grookey.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom