• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh SwSh Team-crafting Thread

Pick one.

• Total voters
So I’ve done some more thinking as more Pokémon get revealed both new and old.

The three that are practically a lock for my team (not counting legendaries) are:
Galarian Weezing
Sirfetch’d
Corviknight

Pokémon I’m not sure about because I want to see their evolutions are:
Yamper
Wooloo
Rolycoly

If I don’t go with Rolycoly then Drednaw’s back as an option. Looking at the veterans we have confirmed so far the only one on the table now is Maractus; a lot of the other ones I’ve either used before or are redundant because of my other picks. Sorry Lucario and Bewear :(

As for the starters, I’m probably going to go with Scorbunny but I’m not sure how long it will be until he gets boxed. I had a hard time committing to any of my starters in Sun and Moon - the only one I actually used was a Litten that was traded in - and I liked all of them. These new starters don’t inspire me much.

So far I'm looking at Sobble, Maractus, and Sirfetch'd. I'd love to include Klinklang and Druddigon if they're in. And then one more of the newer Pokémon.

There's an anime called The Seven Deadly Sins which has a lot of male and female knight characters with very cool Latin names. Even if you don't want to watch the series, I'd suggest looking at a character list for name inspirations!

I LOVE Seven Deadly Sins! One of my favorite anime and I'm so mad at myself that I got introduced to it so late (which is a reoccurring problem for me due to exposure issues). I was hooked instantly on it when I first found the first half of Season 1 on DVD at Walmart purely by chance. I like the way you think, as that's a really good idea. Welp, guess it's time to boot up one of the DVDs and see which name would fit best. ^_^

With the recent internal names leaked, I think i will add Alcreamie and Yamper to my party.
Also, I am getting tempted to pick Sobble over Scorbunny because I feel it will have a cooler evo. Hope they reveal their evos soon or that we get some leaks before release that show them.
So, my team is now:
-Scorbunny/Sobble
-Rolycoly
-Alcreamie
-Yamper

I guess I’ll put Meowstic and Yamper in one of my teams to fill the Feline & Canine spots. I may just wing it with everything else.

Sobble
Corviknight
(I like the ones revealed so far, but I am still unsure which ones to pick- probably rolycoly or impdimp)

Usually, I make up my team as I go along and switch up the team depending on the stats, natures and types of Pokémon I catch. As of today, if I were to pick out from the new Pokémon revealed:

• Grookey
  • Corviknight
  • Wooloo
  • Rolycoly
  • Polteageist
  • Galarian Weezing

Depending on the Evolutions, I am going with Sobble. Yamper may be on the team. It's so cute. That Duraludon (depending on if it's version exclusive or not), might be on the team. Not sure who else will be added at this time.

Last edited:
Only certains I have till now:
Sobble and Corvinight
The rest will depend upon gameplay as I never keep the same team from one game to another.

With the stream yesterday I now have a new team idea, been a little while since I while I really do like all the new Pokemon introduced, nothing has really spoken to me for a team member in awhile

Grookey/Sobble
Yamper
Galarian Zigzagoon/Obstagoon
Galarian Ponyta/Rapidash

Nothing on this team is really finalized. These are just Pokemon I love so much that I really want to use them.

After seeing Galarian Ponyta, I am going to edit my possible team and add a new one:

Sobble playthrough:
  • Sobble
  • Duraludon
  • ???/Galarian Ponyta
  • ???
  • ???
  • ???/Toxicroak/Reuniclus/Kommo-o/Chandelure
Scorbunny playthrough:
  • Scorbunny
  • Drednaw
  • Corviknight
  • Galarian Ponyta/Morpeko/Alcremie
  • ???
  • ???/Toxicroak/Reuniclus/Kommo-o/Chandelure

Last edited:
So far:
Scorbunny
yamper
galarian ponyta
riolu
wooloo until the third-fourth gym
and maybe impidimp if the evolution is cool
the first 4 are pretty much locked. (unless scorbunny turn into something i dislike)

Last edited:
  • Grookey: The only Pokemon that's locked in. Will probably name him Wodehouse in reference to the medieval wild man/ape and the author of the Jeeves series.
  • Yamper: Maybe my electric Pokemon depending on it's evo and other unrevealed electric Pokemon.
  • Impidimp or Galarian Ponyta (assuming it's fairy type): Maybe my "dragon killer" Pokemon depending on their (possible) evo(s) and other unrevealed ice/dragon/fairy Pokemon. Leaning towards Impidimp due to dark typing.
  • Drednaw or Cramorant: Maybe my water Pokemon depending on their (possible) evo(s) and other unrevealed water Pokemon. Leaning towards Cramorant because he's my idiot son!
  • Polteageist: Maybe a lock if it evolves into the teapot elephant and the teapot elephant looks awesome/has good typing.
Other than that, I'm looking for a nice fire, fighting, or psychic Pokemon to round the team out.

Last edited:
My team so far:
Sobble
Corviknight
Rolycoly

I will likely be adding Galarian Ponyta. I had been considering Alcremie, but if Ponyta is fairy type, I’d rather not have that overlap. Leaning towards Ponyta over Alcremie, but I’ll want to see the entire lines before I decide for sure. If Galarian Rapidash happens to gain flying type, I’ll have to consider if I want both Rapidash and Corviknight on my team. If they’re both dual type, it might be okay.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom