• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh SwSh Team-crafting Thread

Pick one.

• Total voters
I’m gonna have to tweak some things since i ended up getting Shield instead of Sword. Sirfetch’d is out, Bewear is back in. Considering Galarian Rapidash to complement Galarian Weezing but want to see its design first.

A big factor for me is going to be who I eventually settle on as a starter. I’m torn between Scorbunny and Sobble and that will affect some of the other Pokémon on the team. Based on early demos it looks like Lotad is available early game so if I pick Scorbunny that covers my core three types with just two Pokémon. I’m looking at two-ish options so far:

Scorbunny
Lotad/Drednaw
Gigantamax Meowth/Stufful
Galarian Weezing
Yamper

or
Sobble
Rolycoly
Gigantamax Meowth/Stufful
Galarian Weezing
Yamper

Last edited:
okay, this will have leaks, sorry

Sobble line
Impidimp (not it's evos, it'll have eviolite and everstone because i want him to be cute forever)
Clobtopus line
Morpeko
Polteageist
that rhino thing
Scorbunny line
Sandaconda
Cromorant
Eldegoss
Galarian Stunfisk
Hatareene line

Last edited:
My team, unless I have to change something due to stats and balance.

02F138F5-CD85-4888-AA94-BB37269AFD09.png

I'm not sure if this will be my team but it's the first half good idea I have...

I can't figure out which one to use between Runerigus and Polteageist. A pokemon based on my favourite ghost from gen 5 and favourite Pokemon of all time or my favourite new ghost Pokemon from gen 8?

After that there's still a ton of other new Pokemon I like, so dependant on if they grow on me more (or end up being more accesible in-game) I might go for them.

• Sandaconda
  • Galarian Rapidash
  • Hatterene
  • Orbeetle
  • Frosmoth
  • Galarian Stunfisk
  • Cursola
  • Copperajah
  • Galarian Darmanitan (I had one on my White team along with Cofagrigus)
  • Stonjourner

I might use some of them in a second playthrough (or the sequels) and I'd definitely chose Rillaboom for that second playthrough.

I think I'm gonna try out a rotating team because I love way too many Pokemon this gen, and I'm sure that won't be hard to do because of the new mandatory Exp Share.

I love both the new three-stage Fairy lines so I'm cool with type overlap there, and I'm assuming Darmanitan/Dragapult won't be available until late-game so I feel like I need some backups. Might have to box Rillaboom depending on how much I love these other guys. Toxtricity is going to be named Prince and Grimmsnarl will be Grendel, other nicknames still a work in progress...

I think I'm gonna try out a rotating team because I love way too many Pokemon this gen, and I'm sure that won't be hard to do because of the new mandatory Exp Share.

View attachment 127757
I love both the new three-stage Fairy lines so I'm cool with type overlap there, and I'm assuming Darmanitan/Dragapult won't be available until late-game so I feel like I need some backups. Might have to box Rillaboom depending on how much I love these other guys. Toxtricity is going to be named Prince and Grimmsnarl will be Grendel, other nicknames still a work in progress...
I'll likely do that in a way, or in any case use Pokèmon that I'm interested before I'll find those that'll be my final six.

Barring them not being in Sword/not having usable movepools/whatever, this is probably my team:

Rillaboom
Sandaconda
Grimmsnarl
Toxtricity
Grapploct
Dragapult

View attachment 127757

I'm not sure if I should do a rotating team because the first time I tried it was in Alpha Sapphire and I didn't really like not feeling like I had a cohesive team. Maybe it will be easier with exp share on all the time though.

I guess also being able to access your PC at any time might help as well.

I might just play a second save file at a later point and try out some new Pokemon.

I will very likely use:

-Cinderace. Rillaboom has a much superior design, but using Cinderace has its advantages too: Its first 2 stages are cute, fast attackers are always reliable and it continues my pattern that my first starter of a generation follows a Water-Grass-Fire cycle.
-Thievul. My brother wants to use it, I'm neutral towards it. I really wish it had a second type.
-Boltund. It has a great design.
-Hatterene. Will likely be very powerful.
-Copperajah. Its preevo is my favorite design this gen, no way I'm not gonna use it.
-Frosmoth. Cool typing. I could change it for Dreadnaw if it's found too late in the game, or if It evolves too quickly after catching the cute Snom.

I wanted to use, but won't, could use them on the future or maybe do rotation:
-Drednaw. Its base form is cute and has decent typing, but its design could've been better.
-Stonjouner. Will likely be found very late.
-Hitmontop. My choice if I didn't found enough Gen 8 Pokemon to like, but I found enough. It's the only one of my favorites to survive the snap besides Munchlax.

So, I gave into temptation and looked at the new Pokemon. Once again, too many choices. Looks like I'm going to wing it, as usual.

I know what my team is gonna be.
Golisopod
Galvantula
Frosmoth
Centiskorch
Crustle
Orbeetle
I'm not bothering with building it for competitive. It's not like mono-bug has any chance this generation outside of Showdown, where all the Pokemon will be available =/

Showdown monotype team and hopeful DP remake team will probably be
Golisopod
Scizor
Galvantula
Frosmoth
Centiskorch
Yanmega

Last edited:
Rillaboom (Grass)
Zacian (Fairy/Steel) - Only In-Game, not for online

For the rest, anyone underneath is a viable candidate for my team, can't really choose:
Cinderace (Fire)
Intelleon (Water)
Centiskorch (Bug/Fire)
Hattarene (Fairy/Psychic)
Arctozolt (Electric/Ice)
Dracozolt (Electric/Dragon)
Frosmoth (Ice/Bug)
Coalossal (Rock/Fire)
Grimmsnarl (Dark/Fairy)
Dreadnaw (Water/Rock)
Corviknight (Flying/Steel) - if it doesnt suck in the speed department!
Dragapult (Dragon/Ghost)
Toxtricity (Poison/Electric)
Orbeetle (Bug/Psychic)
Bolthund (Electric)
Appletun/Flapple (Grass/Dragon)
Sandaconda (Ground)
Barraskewda (Water)
Duraludon (Steel/Dragon)
Obstagoon (Dark/Normal)

Last edited:
Probably going with this

Coalossal
Hatterene
Corviknight
Flapple
Galarian Weezing
Runerigus or Cursola

Will probably bench my starter unless one of the six above doesn't show up until gym 6 or something.

Probably going with this

Coalossal
Hatterene
Corviknight
Flapple
Galarian Weezing
Runerigus or Cursola

Will probably bench my starter unless one of the six above doesn't show up until gym 6 or something.
How monstrous of you to throw your starter, I summon the sobble resistance

intelleon
Toxell and yamper
Rapidash and obstagoon
Applin
Coallossal or centiskorch
Corvinight
Grimsnnarl
Fout of my pokemon can gmax lol

How monstrous of you to throw your starter, I summon the sobble resistance

I just like the others more and I have only six team slots, so I've just decided this would be the case.
Monotype Water-types are a bit of a turn-off to me since I'm generally not a big fan of that type on its own. Sobble is still definitely my favorite starter, but it's just that minor thing that throws me off.

With the recent leaks, I've decided to add one more member onto my confirmed team.
  1. Sobble
  2. Duraludon
  3. Poison/Electric Dinosaur
    • While I'm not too sold on this design, I feel it has a lot of potential to evolve into something really cool. Hopefully it isn't single stage or a Shield version exclusive.
The remaining three team slots are up in the air. Possible candidates include Wooloo, Yamper, the snake, and/or the fox.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom