• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Symbiotic Pokemon List

mememonkey

Reaction score
Two pokemon that combine into one evolved pokemon.

Is there only Slowbro and Mantine? I really need a list...

slowbro/shelder & mantine/remoraid

I know that Slowpoke evolves into Slowbro once a Shelder grabs onto its tail, because it is forced to abandon fishing with its tail and becomes a hunter instead.

Also, Mantyke needs to level up with a Remoraid in its party in order to evolve into Mantine.

I'm not aware of any other symbiotic relationships - the one between Paras/Parasect and its mushroom is definitely parasitic.

Good luck!

Perhaps we should make a list on Bulbapedia of Pokémon which are related to each other in ways other than direct evolution.

Perhaps we should make a list on Bulbapedia of Pokémon which are related to each other in ways other than direct evolution.

Counterparts (version, or otherwise) should be excluded except if their Pokédex entries reference one another (Such as Zangoose and Seviper).

There is a link on the wanted pages to "Pokémon Symposium," which according to the anime, is the relation between two Pokémon evolving into one. It was talked about in the episode in between when Ash earned his Earth badge and before he went to the League and was when Jessie caught a Shellder and in latched onto a Slowpoke. I think that page would be a good place for the list.

Koffing x 2 = Weezing

Diglett x 3 = Dugtrio

Magnemite x 3 = Magneton

Slowpoke + Shellder on head + King's Rock + trade = Slowking

Metang x 2 = Metagross

Just look at the Pokedex entries.

Also, Beldum x 2 = Metang, so... Metagross = Beldum x 4. Exeggutor's faces can fall off to become Exeggcute again. Exeggcute themselves are another example, they always travel in groups of five.

Would two nidoran male and female count here? Think they are the only two current pokemon that are male and female counterparts of eachother

Nidoran (M)> Nidorino > Nidoking
Nidoran (f) > Nidorina > Nidoqueen

I know that it was said counterparts should be exluded, but they are different than other counterparts being they are the m/f of eachother and if you find a Nidorino, it will never be female and same with Nidorina, it will never be a male.

Last edited:
Koffing x 2 = Weezing

Diglett x 3 = Dugtrio

Magnemite x 3 = Magneton

Slowpoke + Shellder on head + King's Rock + trade = Slowking

Metang x 2 = Metagross

Just look at the Pokedex entries.

Thanks! Looking at each pokedex entry is very time-consuming though.
I think a Bulbapedia list would be wonderful!

Would two nidoran male and female count here? Think they are the only two current pokemon that are male and female counterparts of eachother

Nidoran (M)> Nidorino > Nidoking
Nidoran (f) > Nidorina > Nidoqueen

I know that it was said counterparts should be exluded, but they are different than other counterparts being they are the m/f of eachother and if you find a Nidorino, it will never be female and same with Nidorina, it will never be a male.

Tauros & Miltank and Volbeat & Illumise also fit this.

I've got a feeling that Plusle & Minun wouldn't count then?

And what about the 'reverse'? E.g. Shedninja, Ninjask and such?

What about Mew and Mewtwo? It's a bit loose but in the first film it's quite clear.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom