• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Masters Sync Pair Scouting thread

I was lucky enough to get Guzma, but I didn't get Plumeria. I managed to get Fantina during the previous event, but no luck on Sabrina. I was surprisingly lucky with Red since I got him on my first try. I really wish that they would improve the odds of getting the spotlight character at least. I know that this is a gotcha game designed to get your money, but it's so annoying to go through thousands of gems only to get nothing. Even just cutting the price on free gems would really improve the game for me.

Yeahhh, unfortunately, I skipped out on Fantina so I could improve my odds on Guzma and Plumeria, but no matter how many gems I poured into it, I scouted NEITHER of them! :< I’m currently stockpiling gems up for the next scout I really want. Oh yeah, and I was all excited for the new daily scout feature to improve my odds, but of course I didn’t even get a sync pair the first time. :v

Datamines have revealed Wally, Wallace, and Jasmine are our next scouts.

My most wanted characters have come out all at once :cry:. Debating whether or not I should just stockpile throughout May and wait for a Pokefair banner that includes all of them, or just try pulling when they come out.

I was not prepared for this

Has anyone gotten any Sync Pairs from the daily free scouting option yet? I've only gotten items so far. While that isn't useless, it is frustrating when I'm not having any better luck with the free option than I do with the whole paying thousands of gems to maybe get the featured sync pair.

I did finally manage to get Brendan and his Treecko while trying to get Caitlin and Reuniculs though. I have no idea why I seem to get the five star sync pairs when they aren't featured. My luck is just kind of weird and frustrating with this game.

Has anyone gotten any Sync Pairs from the daily free scouting option yet? I've only gotten items so far. While that isn't useless, it is frustrating when I'm not having any better luck with the free option than I do with the whole paying thousands of gems to maybe get the featured sync pair.
I got Candice (for the upteenth time), who is shown on the banner. It's probably limited to 3-star sync pairs and maybe just a handful of them.

I haven't scouted any 5-star sync pair (or even re-scouted one) in over 3 months. Ridiculous.

I did 9000 gems worth of pulls for Wallace and got Sabrina, Fantina and a second Plumeria.

Not who I wanted, but I'm still very pleased because those two are some of my other favorites as well. I ended up skipping their banners last month just in case Wallace showed up, and once he actually did, I get them instead... rng is weird like that, I guess.

I wasted 12000 gems trying to get Wallace. The only new sync pair that I got was Ethan. I've given up on Wallace and I'm saving up for Wally now since I need stronger fighting types.

So I spent another 9000 gems and pulled Wallace.

I feel defeated nonetheless, as I am now gemless.
But hey at least you can beat ultra hard Ho-oh event (I'm sorry. Tried so hard to get Wallace 1) for the Ultra Hard because it is designed for Wallace's psychic move and trapping 2) I forgot Wally was coming). This is my first Gacha game and it hurts.

So I spent another 9000 gems and pulled Wallace.

I feel defeated nonetheless, as I am now gemless.

That's basically how I felt when I spent nearly all of my gems to get Guzma for the Team Skull event. It made the event easier and I really needed a strong Bug type Sync Pair anyway, but it was so painful. It didn't help that I got Hilbert and Ethan twice in one of my pulls. I couldn't get the featured Sync Pairs that supposedly have a higher chance of appearing, but I can get other five star Sync Pairs that have a lower rate. This is why I think my luck with the game is annoyingly strange. Sometimes it works out, but more often than not, it doesn't.

At least they do make it relatively easier to get gems, but considering how much you have to spend just to get the new Sync Pair, it isn't enough. It doesn't help that the recent events are designed to where you need to have the new featured Sync Pair. It makes sense as a means to get more people to scout for the new Sync Pair, especially when they could use money, but it's just so annoying if you can't get them either. I couldn't get Clemont and Heliolisk for the Flying type event, so I struggled against the Very Hard mode and couldn't even get through the Super Hard mode.

I'm so happy they are re-running Cynthia's Pokefair banner. I wasn't playing when she was released, but now I had the chance to get her!

I was lucky enough to get 3 copies within 40.000 gems so I didn't need to use the striker candy on her. I really wanted her full sync grid unlocked because she's amazing in sandstorm weather. Now I just need to farm sync orbs for Acerola. I used my 400 points to grab Sygna Suit Elesa. She's quite fun to use. Sadly, I didn't get Caitlin within those gems, but you can't win them all. She synergises well with Cynthia and Acerola so I hope I can get her some day.

I was finally able to 5/5 several 3★ Sync Pairs to get potential tickets. I was starving for those as there are some really good 3★ Sync Pairs I needed to promote, but I didn't scout at all after Steven's Pokefair so I had to rely on events for these tickets. Within the gems I spent I scouted some new Sync Pairs, but they were mostly characters I'm indifferent to. I did get Shauntal and Kukui who I like, but I won't be using them anytime soon since I'm busy trying to set up and test my Cynthia team right now.

My next goal will be to save another 40.000 gems (I'm at 17.000 right now) for a potential release of N or Curtis. If N comes with Reshiram, he'll probably be a free unit from a Legendary event, which would leave Curtis as my only goal. There's a potential Sygna Suit Steven, but I'm sure that's going to take a while. I hope they'll re-run Christmas Rosa during the holidays. I'll definitely save my gems for her just in-case.

I used 12,000 gems in order to get Wallace and Milotic and I got absolutely nothing. Everything was repeats, even the two five star sync pairs. Maybe I should have gone for the Cynthia scout fair instead since I might have gotten some new Sync Pairs at least, but my luck is just terrible and I was just too set on getting Milotic since it's one of my favorite Water Pokemon. At least it won't be too hard to get more gems, but it will be awhile before I do another Scout spree unless I break down and get 3,000 paid gems.

Screenshot_20200517-235601_Pokmon Masters.jpg

First try!

I've really been struggling to get any 5* pairs for a while now. I think part of the issue is that all they seem to release now is 5*'s rather than mixing it up. I mean I get why, but it also gets a bit boring. I'd like to see them add more 3/4*'s to the mix, it's not like there's not plenty of trainers to utilise. Even if it was some of the more iconic trainer classes!

I've really been struggling to get any 5* pairs for a while now. I think part of the issue is that all they seem to release now is 5*'s rather than mixing it up. I mean I get why, but it also gets a bit boring. I'd like to see them add more 3/4*'s to the mix, it's not like there's not plenty of trainers to utilise. Even if it was some of the more iconic trainer classes!

Definitely agree. They need to add some solid lower starred trainers to the mix in order to allow everyone access to at least an option for certain typings. I can totally stand behind this argument

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom