• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Masters Sync Pair Scouting thread

Got Cynthia. Also got Karen while pulling for her and some 4-stars I didn't have yet.

Still no Kahili tho.

Currently just missing Glacia, Cynthia, Hilda and Siebold (x2). It's Ethan and Leaf that I really want.

Last edited:
Got Lyra with the 5 Star Special Select Scout. Unfortunately, that was the only new 5 star character that I was able to nab.

Decided to follow the advice of someone from reddit and finally got Cynthia after two repeats. I intend to save the rest for Ethan.

No luck with Ethan or Leaf (or Cynthia, but whatever) so far and I'm now at the mercy of 150 gems per day, which means that it's going to be a frustrating wait.

Spent 27000 gems and got Cynthia and a bunch of other 4/5 stars I was missing. I have nothing left.

Decided to skip Kukui cause he'll be in the general pool after and I don't have any particular feelings towards him.

Still doubting on big Steve. Metagross would be dope but the Solgaleo exists and was free. And I harbour no particular feelings to Steven in particular.

Last edited:
It's Leaf's last day. I'm tempted to spend some dough for the first time, but only $1. Odds are that I'll be disappointed again, but DeNA deserve a small token of my appreciation.

I spent over six thousand gems and I still couldn't get Brandon or Lyra, but I got a ton of other five star trainers, including three Ethans. My luck during these events is just terrible. I really wish that they didn't make the scouting price so high, especially when the only trainers I'm missing now are the rare five star ones. I try to avoid putting money into this game, so it is frustrating when I still can't trainers and Pokemon that I want to use even if I do put money on it. I was just starting to have fun with the events again, but still having such lousy luck even when specific trainers supposedly have better odds of showing up is frustrating and makes me wish that this game could be altered from the ground up so that it wouldn't be a gotcha game.

I started playing Masters last week when I saw that Steven was being added to the game. I tried the game twice in the past and I couldn't get into it, but I figured I would regret not trying to scout Steven since he's one of my absolute favourite (human) Pokemon characters. And thus, I powered through the game to farm gems while watching stuff in the background. Surprisingly, I actually managed to get Steven after 10k or so gems. :lapras:

That made me want to continue playing and I've been enjoying the game so far. I also went back to read the stories I skipped. Oh, the power your favourite characters can have... now I feel a little sad I missed out on Christmas Rosa but maybe she'll be brought back some day.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom