• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Masters Sync Pair Scouting thread

I couldn't get Sygna Suit Cynthia, but I managed to finally get Lucy, so that was neat. I really want to get at least Sygna Suit Leaf, but I haven't had any luck yet in that regard. It is pretty frustrating to get repeats of other five star Sync Pairs while trying to get the new ones. Although, now that Kris has her own Sync Grid, being at level five will probably come in handy down the road.

It is pretty frustrating to get repeats of other five star Sync Pairs while trying to get the new ones.
I know exactly what you mean. The past few days, I was trying to get Ethan, since I’ve had no luck with scouting him in the past. One of those tries, the 5-star scout sequence played, I see Fire on the screen, aaaaand...it was Hilda. Who I already have because the same exact thing happened to me last time Ethan & Cyndaquil was a featured sync pair. Like, dafuq? Where’s mah Ethan??

congrats to everyone on the new pulls! I didn't get SS Cynthia either but am still happy finally pulling Red. he's so strong! doesn't seem like I'll get SS Leaf or SS Blue though, but won't complain much, since I got the main one I wanted.

was thinking of spending money for paid gems for the choose your sync pair banner and get Guzma but...apparently he isn't a very good unit (til lol), so I'll probably pass =(

I know exactly what you mean. The past few days, I was trying to get Ethan, since I’ve had no luck with scouting him in the past. One of those tries, the 5-star scout sequence played, I see Fire on the screen, aaaaand...it was Hilda. Who I already have because the same exact thing happened to me last time Ethan & Cyndaquil was a featured sync pair. Like, dafuq? Where’s mah Ethan??

Oddly enough, I think I've gotten Ethan at least three times by now. I think Ethan, Kris, Hilbert and Guzma are the five star Sync Pairs I seem to pull the most whenever I'm luck enough to get a five star Sync Pair. I think I've only gotten Hilda twice. I still haven't gotten Lyra. I'm tempted to try out their banner to get her, but I'm kind of nervous that I'll just end up with Ethan or Kris instead, especially if I use what little paid gems I'm willing to get.

congrats to everyone on the new pulls! I didn't get SS Cynthia either but am still happy finally pulling Red. he's so strong! doesn't seem like I'll get SS Leaf or SS Blue though, but won't complain much, since I got the main one I wanted.

was thinking of spending money for paid gems for the choose your sync pair banner and get Guzma but...apparently he isn't a very good unit (til lol), so I'll probably pass =(

The banners for SS Leaf and Blue are going to last until the 27th, so you might have a chance to get them, depending on how many gems you used to get Red. I thought that Guzma was pretty solid. His defenses are a bit weak, but he seems to be the best Bug type Sync Pair so far. But there aren't a lot of Bug type Sync Pairs anyway and his moves are at level three.

but I haven't had any luck yet in that regard.

I feel this. It's nice to get new 5-stars this way, but I'm rolling for the limited 5-star for a reason.

The 5-star pool is becoming way too big. Which isn't necessarily bad, but it would mean they would have to do a select pool for banners instead of throwing all of them in there.

As illustration: I got 3 Olivia while rolling for SS Leaf. I owned 0 before.

I thought that Guzma was pretty solid. His defenses are a bit weak, but he seems to be the best Bug type Sync Pair so far. But there aren't a lot of Bug type Sync Pairs anyway and his moves are at level three.

I heard he was mixed since First Impression can only be used once as the very first move you select, unless you switch out and back in. I don't co-op much so that strat doesn't really work for me too well. And Pin Missile is really weak ): but if you get him to 3/5 you'll unlock a sync grid skill that always makes it hit 5 times, so at that point he'd be much more viable in singles after using up First Impression. it bums me out, I was hoping he'd be a bit better without having to rely on 3/5ing him. But his niches just aren't for me atm. I'll keep relying on Noland & Pinsir as my main bug pair for now...unless I get Lusamine. No luck yet ;_; saving the rest for Lillie though!

I feel this. It's nice to get new 5-stars this way, but I'm rolling for the limited 5-star for a reason.

Hmm... the only reason I would get the new ones is because Poke Fair allows for a greater likelihood for them 5* though. I do feel that though with the limited 5*. I only got Holiday '19 Siebold & Octillery (sadness...). The Lusamine & Pheromosa scout option is low-key tempting for the first multi-roll with that item bonus. I think I might resist until after the SS Kanto trio is gone. I'll def be saving up 3000 gems at a time though :D quite glad that they gave an incentive for saving gems though ^^

I got Dawn and Turtwig after going through that paid gem banner. I don't like spending money on this game, but it is also too tempting to get these five star sync pairs, especially when Turtwig is one of my favorite Grass starters too. I still haven't gotten SS Leaf or Blue yet, but I got Morty and Drifblum this morning, so that was neat.

There's too much right now. Not enough gems I used all mine and got Lusamine and then Gladion when they first came out. Now I don't have enough for Lillie. But also there's that bug banner with Guzma and Burgh, neither of which I have yet. And I still haven't gotten SS Blue. Too manyyyyy

If you don't get them now it doesn't matter. They'll end up in the general pool so you can always get spooked.

Lillie, Gladion and Lusamine will be in the general pool, but I don't know about the SS characters once their banners are up.

SS are limited like the seasonal variants and Champions. They are only in their own pool on their own banners.

Which is probably why you should never pull for units that are in the general pool anyways, but everyone to their own I suppose.

I do the same as well. So far I've only pulled on Steven Pokefair, Cynthia Pokefair, Summer Steven banner and SS Leaf Pokefair. Summer Steven wasn't a Pokefair so that one had normal rates, but it's a limited seasonal unit and Steven is also one of my favourites so there was no hesitation there. For F2P it's definitely best to wait for Pokefairs and seasonal units if there's one you really like.

Though if there's a character you must absolutely have then that's fair game haha. I'll pull for Curtis even if it is a normal banner, assuming he ever comes to Pasio.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom