• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Speculation Tag Partners in the Battle Tower

SeanWheeler

Reaction score
The Battle Tower in Emerald had you team up with generic trainers. But in OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire, maybe you can fight the important trainers. The choice of trainers to team up with are
  • Brendan (after the Sevault Canyon match, when playing as a girl. 100% on Thursday, 10% on other days)
  • May (after the Sevault Canyon match, when playing as a boy. 100% on Thursday, 10% on other days)
  • Roxanne (after a Rustboro Gym Double Battle)
  • Brock (after a Rustboro Gym Double Battle)
  • Brawly (after a Dewford Gym rematch)
  • Wattson (after a Mauville Gym Double Battle)
  • Lt. Surge (after a Mauville Gym Double Battle)
  • Flannery (after a Lavaridge Gym Double Battle)
  • Blaine (after a Lavaridge Gym Double Battle)
  • Norman (after a Petalburg Gym rematch)
  • Winona (after a Fortree Gym rematch)
  • Tate (after a Mossdeep Gym Triple Battle)
  • Liza (after a Mossdeep Gym Triple Battle)
  • Sabrina (after a Mossdeep Gym Triple Battle)
  • Juan (after a Sootopolis Gym Double Battle)
  • Misty (after a Sootopolis Gym Double Battle)
  • Erika (after the Leader Mode challenge at the Trainer Tower)
  • Koga (after the Leader Mode challenge at the Trainer Tower)
  • Blue (after the Leader Mode challenge at the Trainer Tower)
  • Red (after beating him at the Trainer Tower roof)
  • Serena (after trading with an X/Y girl)
  • Calem (after trading with an X/Y boy)
  • Steven (after entering the Hall of Fame twice)
  • Lorelei (after helping her defeat Team Rocket in Icefall Cave)
  • Riley (after chain-transferring a Pokémon from Platinum that was caught on Iron Island (as in catch a Pokémon on Iron Island in Platinum, transfer it to Black/White/Black 2/White 2, and transfer it again to OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire))
  • Marley (after chain-transferring a Pokémon that was caught on Victory Road from Platinum)
  • Mira (after chain-transferring a Pokémon that was caught in Wayward Cave from Platinum)
  • Cheryl (after chain-transferring a Pokémon that was caught in Eterna Forest from Platinum)
  • Buck (after chain-transferring a Pokémon that was caught in Stark Mountain from Platinum)
  • Cynthia (after battling her in Seven Island)
  • Barry (after chain-transferring a Pokémon from Diamond/Pearl/Platinum)
  • Lucas (after chain-transferring a Pokémon from a Diamond/Pearl/Platinum boy)
  • Dawn (after chain-transferring a Pokémon from a Diamond/Pearl/Platinum girl)
  • Ethan (after chain-transferring a Pokémon from a HeartGold/SoulSilver boy)
  • Lyra (after chain-transferring a Hoenn/Sinnoh Pokémon from a HeartGold/SoulSilver girl)
  • Kris (after chain-transferring a Johto/Kanto Pokémon from a HeartGold/SoulSilver girl)
  • Leaf (after chain-transferring a Pokémon from a FireRed/LeafGreen girl)
  • Wally (after fighting him in Victory Road twice)
  • Primo (after chain-transferring a Pokémon from FireRed/LeafGreen/HeartGold/SoulSilver and catch the same Pokémon)
  • Silver (after chain-transferring a Pokémon from HeartGold/SoulSilver)
  • Nate (after transferring from a Black2/White2 boy)
  • Rosa (after transferring from a Black2/White2 girl)
  • Hilbert (after transferring from a Black/White boy)
  • Hilda (after transferring from a Black/White girl)
  • Trevor (after sharing a Friend Code with a XY player who seen all Pokémon in one Kalos Dex)
  • Tierno (after sharing a Friend Code with a XY player who nicknames all his Pokémon in his party)
  • Shauna (after sharing a Friend Code with a XY player who chose a Kanto starter weak against his Kalos starter)
  • Generic character (default)
  • Another player (talk to Teala to connect to Nintendo Network)

Yeah, some of these guys time travel.

In my forum on Brendan and May's post game role, got off topic and wrote this list. Here are the related responses.

your missing Red on the frointier battle list
Red(after chain-transferring a Pokémon from a FireRed/LeafGreen boy)
your welcome :p
i really like this idea though.

No, Red is on the list. Red is unlocked by beating him at the Trainer Tower. He's between Blue and Serena on the list.

No, Red is on the list. Red is unlocked by beating him at the Trainer Tower. He's between Blue and Serena on the list.
Oppps, i missed that, mabe we can change my idea to Blue/Gary.

Oppps, i missed that, mabe we can change my idea to Blue/Gary.

No, Blue's already there. He's unlocked once you defeat all of the Kanto leaders at Trainer Tower. And I said Red is between Blue and Serena.

I very much doubt any of the characters X/Y would appear. OR/AS takes place over a decade earlier. Shauna, Tierno, Trevor, Calem, and Serena would all either be infants or very young children at the time.

I very much doubt any of the characters X/Y would appear. OR/AS takes place over a decade earlier. Shauna, Tierno, Trevor, Calem, and Serena would all either be infants or very young children at the time.

Time travel?

There must be some explanation why Hoenn players trade with Kalos.

There really doesn't need to be an explanation for this. They could very well just utilize the trading method that Red, Green, Blue, and Yellow used to trade with Gold & Silver which is trading via the Time Capsule. Maybe they don't even have to make mention of the Time Capsule at all. Black & White and Black 2 & White 2 could trade between each other without any complications and we all know that both pairs of these games were separated by 2 years in the in-game story.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom