• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Tag!! You're It!! V3: Welcome to the Garden~

For @lisianthus, a simple but perhaps not so simple question, but hopefully a happy one above all: what do you think your ideal day would be like? That is to say, what would you do, if there was absolutely nothing in life to bother you or stress you out and you had complete freedom over everything?
Hi, Baku! Sorry for taking a loooong while, this has been a question I've been thinking about for a while since I've seen it, even though for the past week I haven't been around very much.

You're right in that it seems pretty straightforward, but at the same time for me it took a while to come to a conclusion! Aside from college and TAing (every once in a while), I don't do all that much LOL... although I would want to get out and explore a bit more, the weather and other life things make that hard for me? I don't think that'll be an issue next year, but... at the same time, it's not like I'm going to have a different answer from this one next year, I know that for certain.

At any rate, honestly the answer that came to my mind when I first read this is the exact same answer I'm saying here? Maybe it's embarrassing LOL but... that's just how I am.

My favorite days (nights?) are always ones when I'm able to spend time with my favorite subway master (and my very own amazing older sister) @Blanc, if I'm allowed to be 100% real here. Honestly just chatting and listening to music as the two of us is like, my biggest 'happy place' so to speak, so... I guess I'll say that that would be the biggest part of my ideal day, just being able to hang out with her! I always feel much better about life after we're able to spend time together. I worry this isn't very descriptive or anything but... I hope it works for you?

Hmm... @Torchic W. Pip Torchic, would you be willing to give me a fun fact about linguistics? (or anything else you've learned recently that'd you're like to share i am not picky) From my convos about it with you recently you know much more than I do!

Hmm... @Torchic W. Pip Torchic, would you be willing to give me a fun fact about linguistics? (or anything else you've learned recently that'd you're like to share i am not picky) From my convos about it with you recently you know much more than I do!
I'd be happy to!

Okay so... You know how biology has different branches? Like organic/inorganic, marine biology, anatomy, ecology... linguistics has that too! Some of them include:

• phonetics - the sounds in a languages (consonants and vowels and stuff)
  • morphology - the way words are formed (suffixes/prefixes, verb stems, etc.)
  • syntax - the way sentences are structured (so like... English is a SVO language, Japanese is a SOV language, and so on)
  • semantics - the literal meaning of words
  • pragmatics - the way words are interpreted based on context
  • historical linguistics - the way language changes over time (this branch includes etymology, or the origin of words)
  • psycholinguistics - how language is acquired, processed, and used
  • sociolinguistics - how language and society are connected
  • computational linguistics - how computers process human language

-

@Maniacal Engineer How does engineering work—

I mean..... Uhhhhh what are the different branches of engineering?

@lisianthus is this proper Japanese? (I copied from google translate lol)
IMG_1135.png

the line in the bottom right corner means nothing

@lisianthus is this proper Japanese? (I copied from google translate lol)

the line in the bottom right corner means nothing
That's proper Japanese, yes... 'Cordelia Houseki' (it could also be Takaraishi?)... is that a name or something?

Hmm, I call @Orchid to the stand!! (this wording is especially relevant because you were deemed too gay for jury duty last month)

I only ever hear about Dinky... but do you have any other pets? If not then please feel free to share a Dinky picture or fact of your choice instead!

I only ever hear about Dinky... but do you have any other pets? If not then please feel free to share a Dinky picture or fact of your choice instead!
Nope, no others at the moment. Up until a few years ago I actually had three cats, never any more than that though. I don't think he'd like sharing all the attention he gets now anyway lol, he already follows me around and stares at me 24/7 - -;

Since you asked so nicely, here's the clingy kitty in question:
IMG_20230429_203034091.jpg

@TheGoldenToon what are some of your favorite bands/musical artists, if you have any?
Just wondering, 'cause I've recognized (and really liked) some of the stuff you've posted in the "currently listening" thread before!

@TheGoldenToon what are some of your favorite bands/musical artists, if you have any?
Just wondering, 'cause I've recognized (and really liked) some of the stuff you've posted in the "currently listening" thread before!
There are a lot I love, but I'm particularly fond of Evanescence and Breaking Benjamin, I've been into them since as far back as High School. Also more recently within the last year, Starset, I cannot believe I didn't know about this band sooner.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

@EternalPokéFanGirl What is your favorite thing about the area where you live? It can be a nearby restaurant or neighbors, anything at all.

That's proper Japanese, yes... 'Cordelia Houseki' (it could also be Takaraishi?)... is that a name or something?
I’m just gonna respond here and say yes, I wanted to know my nuzlocke characters name in Japanese since she’s from Sinnoh, and the other ones name in Spanish cause he’s paldean. I ended up trying to write it out to see how it went! And yea, that’s her name! (Yay google translate was helpful for once)

@InfiniteBakuphoon Hi, Baku!

Do you have any happy memories that 'keep you grounded', if that makes any sense? If that's too personal, I'll give an alternative question! If you were to own a pet (regardless of any current circumstances making that not happen), what would it be?

@InfiniteBakuphoon Hi, Baku!

Do you have any happy memories that 'keep you grounded', if that makes any sense? If that's too personal, I'll give an alternative question! If you were to own a pet (regardless of any current circumstances making that not happen), what would it be?
Hello, Lisia! That's not too personal at all, actually, and you've unlocked some thoughts in my head that I wouldn't mind getting out of there. So with that said...

Not too long ago, I lived in my own apartment — which you might have heard me talk about before, Lisia — which I refer to nowadays as my Sanctuary (proper noun, yes). I no longer live in it now, for rather traumatic reasons connected to my "stuff" (for the uninitiated, certain mental health issues that up until recently were nothing short of debilitating, and at the moment happen to be manageable but still not very pleasant for me to deal with). Every so often I actually pass by said apartment on my travels and I get kind of wistful thinking about it as I look up towards the windows from the sidewalk, knowing that someone else lives there now in that place that I once called home. It all feels like a weird and distant dream sometimes, to the point where I almost don't believe that it ever happened that I lived there at all; like it was some kind of fluke in an almost "impostor syndrome" kind of way, if that makes sense.

With that said, it's indeed all of the memories that I made there that remind me that, yes, that was my house that lived in, and no, it wasn't at all fluke that I was able to get it. Indeed, I was able to get that Sanctuary because I was smart, because I worked hard for the money to afford it, and because I was able to seize the opportunity when it came to me. That itself was part of a series of memories that I hold close to my heart: spending months searching for apartments until that one came along at the right place at just the right time and just at the right price, and how I couldn't believe it when I saw it before I came back to my senses and quickly began to get things together to make it happen. I literally remember that exact moment, haha, and it was glorious indeed. All of that and what I accomplished afterwards showed me my power, and today it reminds me of it and that the only reason that I lost it all was because of circumstances utterly beyond my control — in my case, a really bad mental health flare-up at the worst time, surrounded by the worst possible people — rather than any real incompetence or lack of ability on my part. Which means, of course, that I can do it all again, and that I will do it all again, one day.

However, it's not just those kinds of memories about my Sanctuary that drive me; there are more innocent ones, too. Like making pancakes almost every Sunday morning while sitting down to watch some Pokemon episodes... opening a fridge and pantry with everything that I love in ample supply inside... watching the Olympics to keep my spirits up while my mental health was otherwise really starting to get bad around that time... finishing a new chapter of one of my fics... taking long walks around my neighborhood and often far beyond that... watching several anime shows for the first time... discovering a new awesome video game music soundtrack... watching dark thunderclouds approach my apartment from my balcony before rushing back inside when the rain started to fall and then continuing to watch from inside with the blinds wide open... just things like that, you know? They all remind me of the unique kind of life that I, as Bakuphoon with all that entails, chose to live back then and had the freedom to live back then, all without scrutiny from anyone else. It's the kind of life that I'd like to have again someday, and what I will have again, someday. Thinking about those memories can make me sad sometimes, though, because it often also makes me wonder just how much longer it'll be before I'm finally able to make that next leap back into that kind of life again. But perhaps in a weird kind of way, they also make me really happy and hopeful too, as well as, again, driven.

As for your "alternate" question, I'm going to answer that one anyway because it's such a nice one, haha! Indeed irrespective of anything that might stop me from getting one — like responsibility, as the pet that I'm semi-responsible for now is reminding me of — I think that I'd like a cat. All of my life I've always had dogs as pets, so at the very least a cat would be a nice change of pace, haha. But it's not just that, of course; cats also just seem to... give off a different kind of energy from dogs, I suppose I'll put it. They're often stereotyped as aloof, but like most stereotypes that's a significant oversimplification; they're actually very loving but often not in a way that, say, a dog lover might be used to. I sometimes think that people are too caught up in "how cute" a pet might be versus the actual responsibility of taking care of one or how said pet might actually respond to a certain owner, and are often disappointed when their expectations aren't met with often unfair consequences for the pet. Or perhaps in this case, an entire species of pet. That's too bad, but perhaps one day I'd like to become an exception to that rule for a lovely and deserving cat. Maybe. Who knows?

For @Blanc, who I don't think I ever asked a question to here yet. This is the kind of question that I'd probably ask myself, haha, but I suppose that it would be a really interesting one to ask you, as an artist! So with that said... if you had the opportunity to create exactly one manga that is published worldwide for possibly millions of people to read, what would it be about?

@berylguzmania hi :bulbaWave:
I don't know if you've answered this somewhere before, but what are some of your favorite quotes from video games/TV/anime/etc.? I always notice you using some cool ones in your usertitle and signature so I thought I'd ask. Are there any that mean a lot to you?

For @Blanc, who I don't think I ever asked a question to here yet. This is the kind of question that I'd probably ask myself, haha, but I suppose that it would be a really interesting one to ask you, as an artist! So with that said... if you had the opportunity to create exactly one manga that is published worldwide for possibly millions of people to read, what would it be about?
Other than being delayed because of my vacation…. I had to think very long and hard about this so I’m sorry for the wait for an answer!! To be honest, I’ve always had a 4koma series idea in my head (mentioned somewhere in the art gallery) but I hesitate to say that’s what I want to be known for… But maybe a full manga adjacent to it rather than comedy skits?

One of my favorite artists known as Aku_ama wrote a manga series called Monster House, and her essence with said series is absolutely what I’d want to emulate. In short, I would want to create one of those ‘The MC is an Observer’ type series like Ballad of a Shinigami, Letter Bee and Kino’s Journey, where the MC is aiding troubles or tales unrelated to their own plights. It would have a vintage shoujo aesthetic, definitely be some contrived world building about angels and demons (because I love that stuff) and of course have boys kissing somewhere (lol). The answer feels kind of vague… But I hope it puts into perspective what I mean! I doubt I’ll ever make it come to fruition… but it would be so cool if I could. Thank you for this very interesting question, Baku!! I’m honored.

I waaaant to ask Lisia one!! Lisia, I hope this is okay! 君に会いたかったから、少し偏見を持ちたかったんだ~

@lisianthus When you write fanfics, what do you think is your most direct inspiration?

@toastghost What's your favorite Kirby theory?
so so so sorry for answering your question so late, i really procrastinated. to be honest, i'm not really involved in the kirby fandom per se, and i don't know many theories of it at all. maybe one day i'll do a deep dive.

@TheGoldenToon any cartoons you've considered watching that you just haven't gotten around to yet?

@TheGoldenToon any cartoons you've considered watching that you just haven't gotten around to yet?
Good question. Surprisingly not too many (at least that my brain can recall) but there is Tiny Toons Looniversity, I loved the original show, I know very little of this reboot beyond the trailers I seen, just hoping it'll be entertaining. There is also Close Enough and Solar Opposites, and while not really a new series but rather a revival (well latest revival) of Futurama, I need to catch up on the new season.

@berylguzmania If you could choose one superpower to have what would it be and why?

Back
Top Bottom