• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Tag!! You're It!! V3: Welcome to the Garden~

@toastghost If you could be any fictional character for one day who would you choose?
i guess kiki from kiki's delivery service? honestly i can't think of many fictional characters i know who i'd like to live their life..

@Dreary_Rowlet what's the inspiration for your art style?

@Dreary_Rowlet what's the inspiration for your art style?
Honestly, I'd say it's a lot of things! But I first took inspiration for my current style from Sony-Shock and CoffeeSnake on Deviantart, I really liked the smooth yet crunchy vibe they both have in their art, and then Nelnal for the character design work! But this is my second artstyle..
For my first one, I took inspiration from those icon art, the simple emote style kinda stuff one would see.

Hmmm, @Orchid what made you start drawing in the first place? (as in a spark? I don't know how to describe it lol)

Hmmm, @Orchid what made you start drawing in the first place? (as in a spark? I don't know how to describe it lol)
oh, good question! The thing is, I'm not totally sure lol. I know it's a cliche thing to say, but I've very literally been drawing ever since I could hold a pencil, so I don't know if I ever had that first sudden moment of inspiration that made me become an artist (and if I did, I wouldn't remember what specifically it was that caused it). For me, it just kinda happened on its own, I guess.
Though if it's any indication; even when I was little, the majority of what I drew was Pokémon... so maybe that had some part in it?
image.png

(from age 5... I told ya I loved Eevee)

I think the spark that motivated me to really learn how to improve my drawing skills though was when I started looking for fanart and stuff by other artists online, back in the very early 2010s. I thought what other people were drawing was so cool that it made me want to get better, so I could draw cool stuff too someday!
...Also, as a kid I read a lot of those old "how to draw manga" books (yes, the ones that people make fun of now for looking so dated...), and at the time I thought it was the most amazing beautiful art I'd ever seen and I wanted to replicate the stuff I saw in them. So that's where the roots of my art style come from, I bet it all makes sense now doesn't it :slowpoke:

@lisianthus - what are some of the first things you'd like to do or try when you visit Japan? Things like sightseeing, food, train rides; stuff like that!

@lisianthus - what are some of the first things you'd like to do or try when you visit Japan? Things like sightseeing, food, train rides; stuff like that!
That's a really good question... surprisingly enough, I haven't thought about it very much?? Which I guess is a bit strange considering how I'm very likely going to go to school there next year LOL. So thanks for the food for thought!

Honestly? I mean what do I not want to do right? I obviously want to make the most of my time there when I eventually go? Probably the biggest thing would be going to a proper arcade and trying all the rhythm games there! There is a Japanese-style arcade near my town somehow, but the rhythm game selection is a bit limited sadly... I want to play Chumithm and tell @Blanc all about it!!

Aside from that though, I do want to ride the trains. Maybe it's just because I've genuinely gotten slight train brainrot??? from my subway master of a sister that I tagged above, but I do really like trains LOL.

Not to mention all the food??? I could list everything I'd like to try, but we would be here a bit longer than I'd prefer! LOL... conveyor sushi, proper ramen, teishoku, conbini food, etc. There's a lot!!

Maybe something you wouldn't expect though, is that I'd like to visit a shrine? That may sound a bit touristy (well there's nothing wrong with that of course?) but there is reason behind it! I've long had an interest in the philosophy of Shinto, but it's only recently that I've started to sink my claws into it... there's a lot that I really like about it. I'd rather not turn this into a religious discussion though? LOL. There was actually a shrine in my state that sadly closed down this year (and paradoxically, one that just opened really really close to where neechan lives???? sjdbvdsnh, it's called kannagara earth shinto btw!) and I'm sad that I was never able to go!! But I figure that I'll eventually make one of many visits soon, so I'm in no rush right?

Aside from all that... I have no interest in baseball but I feel like I'd be remiss if I didn't go to a game at least once right? I've heard that they're very different experiences than baseball games in America? ...maybe it'd be better with friends though.

One more thing!! This is going to sound REALLY weird but the grocery stores honestly. That might seem like some weird 'does she think everything is better in Japan including the grocery stores' thing but nope! Where I am ingredients for Japanese cooking aren't super hard to find, but I do have to go out of my way for quite a bit of them and it does complicate things! But if I'm... you know, in Japan, I'll certainly never have that problem right? (the issue here is that i will not have access to peanut butter but that is simply a small sacrifice)

Oh, and the gigantic Pokémon Center. I'm going to have to send you and neechan plushies or stickers or something from there right??

I could probably talk about this at length and I'm definitely going to have to think about it more now that you mention it...

@Blanc Hii neechan!!!♡ <3 I'm actually going to ask you the same question LOL... maybe it would be nice if you visited someday!! then we can tsukimi burger together..

I somehow entirely forgot to answer here!! Hope you can forgive me, Lisia!!

@Blanc Hii neechan!!!♡ <3 I'm actually going to ask you the same question LOL... maybe it would be nice if you visited someday!! then we can tsukimi burger together..
I’ll be honest, I haven’t really looked into too many actual locations yet since I’ve written off Japan as a place I’ll visit in the distant future, but I’d love to see the cherry blossoms and sightsee some of the places more in touch with nature. Maybe a hot spring too, and then of course go into the city for more touristy stuff and DEFINITELY the Touhou cafe a friend of mine went to. Unlikely, but would be cool to hang with my native friends too and karaoke or something! And of course ride a few trains but that will definitely be inevitable LOL.

I think the biggest of all places I wanna go is Comiket. I have an irl who went and as someone who survives on a sustenance of doujinshi I just GOTTA I GOTTA… but that probably isn’t what you were expecting LOL. I’m rotten.

But yeah apologies I lack a descriptive answer beyond my normal weeb stuff, not something I’ve looked into extensively right now (besides comiket and touhou cafe)!

@Chidamari Sketch Genuine curiosity, is English your favorite school subject that inspires your fondness for linguistics and the like? If not, what subject do you like best?

@Chidamari Sketch Genuine curiosity, is English your favorite school subject that inspires your fondness for linguistics and the like? If not, what subject do you like best?
This may be an unprecedented answer, but English and linguistics in the broadest sense has never been a topic I've actively pursued for in my tutelage. I have received praise and adulation by both people in the internet and the professors that I studied with, but while I do indeed enjoy gratuitously inserting obscure diction to flex my knowledge and I have indulged in roleplays both within and outside these forums; it isn't particularly a subject I can say I have passion for. Though, there were English elective subjects in my college that did genuinely intrigue me: I had taken classes involving dystopian fiction and post-apocalyptic stories, to cite off the top of my head.

And since you requested, citing specifically out of the classes I've taken: 'Concept Design' was probably the one where I felt the most engaged despite my tumultuous grading and experiences there, while between the classes I took as part of my program: I've had generally more success in 3D animation classes... which inadvertently is causing part of an... identity crisis situation in me because I can't even afford Maya and yet that's the only 3D animation software I had been experienced with for six something years; high school years among them mind you.

@milkshayke Favorite Touhou characters?

hello chida, thank you for the tag!!
my all-time favorite is remilia... something about her is both sort of tragic in an inexplicable way as well as simply so intriguing. she's a flawed person, obviously, but still someone i'm so drawn to. i guess i do have a history of liking morally questionable characters lol, they always make me want to figure out how it is their psyche works and why they are the way they are, i do suppose. remilia being one such case. (it also helps that "septette for the dead princess" is a beautiful song, in my opinion, and one of my favorite themes in the series.)
my other favorites are patchouli, marisa, sakuya, and alice, all for much different reasons. i don't think there are many characters i actively dislike in the series.

@JamieIsBored - what led to you taking an interest in mafia games?

@JamieIsBored - what led to you taking an interest in mafia games?
Hello!

I think it all started when I watched a couple of videos on it in lockdown, then games like Among Us blew up in popularity and I got pretty good at that. Once lockdown was over, I started playing mafia IRL with my friends, and I enjoyed that a lot. Eventually, my IRL sessions slowed down, so I looked elsewhere for mafia and I found The War Room which has led to me playing a lot more.

@toastghost What is the inspiration for your name?

@ExLight besides nagito, who are some of your favorite danganronpa characters? (or least favorite)
Ibuki definitely is the other top tier one!
Monokuma, Mukuro, Mechamaru, Genocide Jack, Kirumi, Kaede, Hoshi... Those are probably my favorites

The ones I like the least are probably Teruteru, Tenko, Korekiyo, Hifumi, Monokubs...

@milkshayke what's your favorite milkshake flavor?

hello hello ex! (oh that's such good taste, kirumi and hoshi deserve so much more love) i'm a chocolate banana kinda person myself but there aren't many bad shakes out there, you know? except for the ones that actively try to be disgusting. (although even then sometimes on occasion they turn out surprisingly well... has anyone here ever heard of the rainbow cone? don't worry if you haven't, it's a chicago thing, but it's like five ice cream flavors rolled into one and you'd think it would taste like garbage but it's actually great. stuff like that just makes me wonder how much experimentation was necessary before they figured out what actually tasted good.)
oh, the flavors are chocolate, strawberry, pistachio, palmer house (which is like. vanilla ice cream with cherries in it), and orange sherbet, by the way.

@Mint Elv favorite fire emblem game?

Last edited:
@Mint Elv favorite fire emblem game?
I was so confused. Title made me think this was a different thread.

I don’t really have a favorite game. Each game has its charms and flaws. And it just depends on the mood I’m in which I decide to play at any given time. Though if I had to say a game I don’t like is the warriors ones. Especially three hopes. I couldn’t finish it between the gameplay not being fun to me to the story not being engaging enough to get me to push through.

@Zexy Do you like light novels?

let's see here... my second place ever is actually a tie, and to put it nicely i feel like they're both probably somewhat odd characters to have particularly large attachments to, but i do!! so oh well! (and i can claim being their biggest ever fans anyway probably. hehe)
- sena, xenoblade chronicles 3: how i absolutely adore this girl. a lot of xenoblade's mcs are known for being pretty strong-willed and stubborn, some with a bit more attitude than others but usually with a notable backbone. sena doesn't. she's kind of wishy-washy, overly emotional, and is highly dependent on her friends for her own mental health and emotional stability. god, she reminded me so much of some aspects of my younger self, the side i wish i couldve protected, and so whenever she's onscreen i just want to scoop her up and hug her. when the stuff with shania happened, i felt sena's pain myself, i know i did.she truly does grow as a person and learn to live and function for herself, of course, but the way she was at the beginning almost stuck with me more because of how UNIQUE she is in that aspect to most other major characters in the series. (not in a mythra-y way, who has a very strong and forceful personality but has a more sensitive core, or fiora who is gentle and sweet but can be very aggressive and fiery when she's pushed. sena just... radiates innocence, i feel.) but she's so precious and was my favorite ouroboros from the moment i met her (and frankly i really like all six of them, so, no small feat).
- ken masters, street fighter: probably a much odder choice because fighting games have never been famous for having super well-written characters or anything but holy shit this guy. PEAK example of an overlooked character/character who is "popular for the wrong reasons." i actually wrote an essay (like the silver one lmao but i think this one was longer. like 15 pages or something) on him a while back trying to explain the sheer amount of misconceptions abt him the fandom has kinda perpetuated unintentionally (...his race of all things being one of them, hilariously, as well as how the community itself has somehow managed to flanderize his personality) and what actually makes him a really great and underappreciated character... his life story actually is way darker the more you think about it. o.o (he had a really fucked childhood but people forget about that usually... i dont think its addressed in the games much which is why)
but i dont have a reason for "choosing" to get attached to him in the first place unlike sena, i think when i first played sf my brain just decided "oh that one. this is the one we like" and stuck with it for... 9 years now ahah. (i love cammy too. shes also very huggable. and needs hugs)

@Dreary_Rowlet any drawing tips for fledgling artists out there?

@Dreary_Rowlet any drawing tips for fledgling artists out there?
I'd say it depends on what kind of tips you want, but here are the ones I usually give on default:

Just, draw what you like to draw. Whether that'd be cute little Pokemon, or a horrifying mess of flesh, you'll eventually find an audience for your work. It'll take a while for sure, but you'll eventually find at least one person who likes your art.
And try to get some artist friends, trust me they'll help you improve a lot and vice versa. Just make sure you join the right crowd and know how to deal with drama.

@Blanc Why do you like Emmet and Ingo so much? I've been pretty curious for a while.

(↑neechan at this point you should be making an 'about me' with that LOL, although i'm sure you enjoy explaining it!! HSNXHKSND)

Hmm... @Hydrogenium hi Hydro!! Two different questions that aren't really related each other — 1) Why is Hydrogenium your username of choice? (do you have an interest in chemistry perhaps...?) and 2) Have you done any art stuff lately? I seem to remember you enjoying pixel art a bit before, and I'm curious to see if you've done much lately!!

Hi Lisia!

1) Why is Hydrogenium your username of choice? (do you have an interest in chemistry perhaps...?)
I planned to reveal the silly little story of my username at some point - much later...

But yes, you are right! I definitely have an interest in chemistry, though I'd rather say I'm a biology enjoyer, well, you can't really separate the two?

And for how has the choice been made... maybe you remember that this is not the username I've joined with? I wanted to change my username and I knew just that I wanted something similar to my trainer name in UNITE - I had started playing it not so long time ago, and while creating the profile I had just typed in a word that was on my mind, which was "Technecium", Czech for "Technetium", and it had been on my mind because, on the lecture I had on a summer camp, they told us what the speed of sound in metal technetium is, just as a "useless but impressive" information (reminds me I have to find the notebook I used back then with all my lecture notes, I already have forgotten what the speed of sound in metal technetium is) and that caused the word to stick in my mind - and the day I decided to finally make the change, I saw some billboards with an advertisement that said, "Invest in hydrogen!". So after some time spent thinking, I invested in hydrogen I decided on "Hydrogenium"... because of that billboard mostly, although I think I would go with it, it would just take me more time to decide as it was very hard for me to decide between my other ideas (I almost went with Silicium or something? Any time I decided I thought that I don't quite like it for some reason, so that ad was a big help lolol). (I acknowledge this was unnecessarily long.)
2) Have you done any art stuff lately? I seem to remember you enjoying pixel art a bit before, and I'm curious to see if you've done much lately!!
I was drawing a bit right before I went on the forums :)

I recently finished something... lol my sister told me I should draw furries and so :wynaut: (I'll post, but traditional art, I haven't taken any photo yet... also I wasn't really sure if I wanted to post it).

I spilt a bit of water on it yesterday and needed to fix it and when I had my sketchbook open... I started working on something new, even though I shouldn't even think of drawing since I have a lot of work to do.

I haven't done any pixel art in quite a long time, I think I'll return to it again for some time in the future, I don't think that'll be soon...

Also this. I started working on it exactly almost a year ago and when I decided to finish it, I thought I might as well improve the anatomy rather than just finish it already. Now I kind of fail to see it as an extremely unfinished piece like I did when I returned to it this summer after nearly half a year.
1697485654187.png
Also it's enormous for no reason because that was me a year ago. This is a screenshot of course. I want to finish it and improve it but not change it so I'm not touching her face, if I ever post a finished version of this
well, hopefully I do lol
and her face looks different... you know what to do:wynaut:

Ah, a long post at a late time, hope it makes sense.

@beryllium Hi! My question is: why beryllium? Not asking about a username this time! What makes/made it your favourite? (The second group is pretty neat!)

hihi! yessss, someone who gets it! the alkaline earth metals are SOOOO good but forever they seem overshadowed by the alkali metals... sigh.
oh man. beryllium. the personification of deadly but beautiful. it's so unique in the sense that it's very lightweight yet amazingly durable, and it has so many uses in composing things humans use every day (cell phones! airplanes! car engines! semiconductor chips!), yet it's so dangerous. so much so that not only is it classified as a group 1 carcinogen by the iarc, but it's also responsible for its own disease, chronic beryllium disease o.o
(but something else that's super cool? of course, when we encounter most elements naturally, they tend to be found in compounds. still, though, in the case of most elements it is possible to find a naturally occurring pure sample, although it may be rare. such is NOT the case for beryllium, it will only ever be found in compounds that form minerals! well, unless you create it synthetically, of course...)
yet, it's still so PRETTY. more specifically, the beautiful crystals it creates, the beryl family. here are three images of its most common form, which is greenish-bluish, but what you probably didn't know is that some other highly renowned gems are part of the beryl family, including these!
so. it's terrifying, versatile, and gorgeous... of course it ended up catching my eye d:

@Lone_Garurumon - your user title and profile theming lend me to believe you're a fan of the sonic series; pardon if you've already answered this somewhere else, but do you happen to have a favorite entry in it?

Back
Top Bottom