• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Takeshi Shudō donates scenarios to library

Zhen Lin

φιλομαθής
Reaction score
NnT042 said:
According to Takeshi Shudō's own column, it appears that all the Pokemon scenarios he was in charge of have been donated to the Kodawara Public Library. Furthermore, his related non-Pokemon scenarios, materials, videos, LDs and such were all archived as well.

Shudō's column

首藤剛志 Takeshi Shudō was a scenariowriter for Pokémon anime - he wrote 18 episodes in all.

I wonder what the writer meant by donate.

Usually when someone donates his or her work to a library or similar institution, he or she essentially gives it the work's copyright. Usually people with such collections who donate them desire to allow the public to see the work instead of keeping it locked away in their homes, so they give it to a public institution.

In the case of Shudo, I'm guessing that now people can go to that library and view and perhaps check out those scenarios for their own pleasure and/or research.

Furthermore, his related non-Pokemon scenarios, materials, videos, LDs
and such were all archived as well.

Judging by that line - I'd say that it was the work he had legally available to pass on to public domain was 'donated' - rather than the proceeds of his being paid for such work being passed on.

The former is decent enough but placed against the latter makes him seem a bit cheap.

Ah,so this is the butthole that wrote "The Poke-Spokes Person".But I would've never believed that the same person who wrote that piece of crap also wrote Meowth's origin.Looks like he really went downhill during Johto.I did enjoy "Enlighten Up",but most of his Johto eps are pretty mediocre.And "Poke Spokes Person" and "Xatu the Future" are two of the worst Pokemon episodes ever.

I suggest someone get their hands on the Poke-Spokes Person script and incinerate it. =)

Besides writing the first two great episodes of Pokemon, he did write quite a few crappy fillers. No big loss, seems he hasn't written for the show since AG began. Good news too, since some of those fillers he wroter were just awful.

Ah,so this is the butthole that wrote "The Poke-Spokes Person".But I would've never believed that the same person who wrote that piece of crap also wrote Meowth's origin.

Ironically, the presence of Meowth makes the whole Poke-Spokes Person episode confusing. Team Rocket wants the ability to talk to Pokemon?! What the hell? How about an episode where Ash dreams of getting a Pikachu? Or May goes shopping for her first bra? Those would make just as much sense!

Nomekop Oen said:
Ah,so this is the butthole that wrote "The Poke-Spokes Person".But I would've never believed that the same person who wrote that piece of crap also wrote Meowth's origin.Looks like he really went downhill during Johto.I did enjoy "Enlighten Up",but most of his Johto eps are pretty mediocre.And "Poke Spokes Person" and "Xatu the Future" are two of the worst Pokemon episodes ever.

I suggest someone get their hands on the Poke-Spokes Person script and incinerate it. =)
If he wrote "Dues and Don'ts", which is one of the most brilliant Pokemon episodes ever, he can't be *that* bad.

Well this guy seems to have been hit or miss. Quite a few of the episodes he's written were very good, but there are a lot of crappy (Johto) filler on that list too, so he's half and half.

Good thing AG has better writers, so that guys like him don't taint the new series with garbage.

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom