• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Takeshi Shudo's Blogs

I think some of you need to read the blog again. Shudo made it very clear why the TRio need to be around. I'm not saying they should be in every episode, but they're the other half of the show and it wouldn't be Pokemon without them. Just because some of you don't find them interesting doesn't mean it's true.

And I'd say some of the other writes (Takegami obviously, as well as Oohashi) really like the Rockets.

Shudo made it very clear why the TRio need to be around.

In his opinion... I don't agree they have to be there (or any replacement of them)

they're the other half of the show

That still doesn't mean they're necessary/can't leave...

and it wouldn't be Pokemon without them.

Even Ash can be replaced... the only thing Pokémon REALLY need to be Pokémon is... Pokémon

Just because some of you don't find them interesting doesn't mean it's true.

It's all about personal opinion
Also, again, I like them... I just don't find them to be as interesting outside eps that focus on them...

People with Pokemon and Character names are no longer allowed to comment! There could be hidden bias in your replies! =P

Then only a hand full of people would be able to participate. Where's the fun in that? :C

It would be loads of fun. Perhaps people should change their usernames to make them less Pokémon-centric. :p

Anyway, Team Rocket is probably given more prominence in the anime because, being antagonists, they have absolutely no obligation to be role models to children. Hence they can get away with things that the protagonists cannot. Getting crap past the radar, sexual inuenndo, breaking the 4th wall, giving into vices, acting childishly etc.

The problem with TR is the same problem with Ash and Brock...how many episodes can the same characters be in?

These characters weren't originally designed to go on for 650+ episodes. Its unthinkable that they intended to keep this going for 650+ episodes.

There is so much complaining about the derailed personalities of the main cast, and its all true.

The problem with TR is the same problem with Ash and Brock...how many episodes can the same characters be in?

These characters weren't originally designed to go on for 650+ episodes. Its unthinkable that they intended to keep this going for 650+ episodes.

There is so much complaining about the derailed personalities of the main cast, and its all true.

Maybe it would be easier to, I don't know. Move on and watch something else?

That, or get more interested in the newer characters development rather then moan and bitch about how they keep using the old characters. The writers would be in a catch-22 situation: Regardless of what choice they do make if they wanted to, morons will always moan and bitch because they're never happy. Ever.

Since they've established the characters of Ash, Brock and Team Rocket long ago, they have the time to focus on newer and poteinally more interesting characters. People and Pokémon. This is why Ash tends to start fresh in every new region he visits.

That, or get more interested in the newer characters rather then moan and bitch about how they keep using the old characters. The writers would be in a catch-22 situation: Regardless of what choice they do make if they wanted to, morons will always moan and bitch because they're never happy. Ever.

They could have kept Ash more interesting, instead of turning him into what he became personality wise. Ash is only kept interesting by his Pokemon and rivals, not the character himself anymore.

They could have kept Ash more interesting, instead of turning him into what he became personality wise. Ash is only kept interesting by his Pokemon and rivals, not the character himself anymore.

Big joke, Ash was never ment to be "interesting" in the first place. He basically is the stereotypical Shounen hero. He wasn't the first, and certainly isn't the last.

Also, I'm curious as to what your definition of interesting is supposed to be.

Big joke, Ash was never ment to be "interesting" in the first place. He basically is the stereotypical Shounen hero. He wasn't the first, and certainly isn't the last

Ash was hilarious in Kanto/Orange.

He used to have a personality.

Ash was hilarious in Kanto/Orange.

He used to have a personality.

I'm not sure about that. He was clueless and possibly more dense back then than he is now, but I didn't find him that funny during those arcs. I got better laughter from Ash's behavior during a good chuck of AG than those two arcs. Ash still has a personality. Outside of being more experienced/not a rookie trainer anymore, he still has the same basic characteristics in his personality now that he did back then. Just because you don't find him interesting doesn't mean that Ash doesn't have a personality.

I always wonder how people would react if Ash still acted like he did back in Kanto/Orange Islands, i.e. still making rookie mistakes and having the same kind of behavior. I could honestly see people still complaining that he shouldn't act like that after all of his experience. So, yeah, people would most likely complain about it either way. There isn't a way to make everyone in a single fanbase happy/content.

No character is designed with 650+ episodes in mind. A character earns the right to be in 600 episodes, it isn't something prescribed upon birth. A well-done character is designed to grow, expand, evolve far beyond what could be expected. That fits the archtype of Ash perfectly: your average trainer out on his Pokemon journey. We've seen his progression up to this point and it's clear it could go on indefinitely. That's the nature of the beast.

I'm gonna go a head and disagree with what's been said so far about Ash.
I think he's become a far stronger character and still has that sense of humor, he may not be as clueless and stupid as he once was. But if yah still want him that way, just go back and watch series 1-3 all over again.
Its just there trying to improve him, giving him character developement and makiing him more mature as the series goes. I like Ash rivals and Pokemon too of course, but I don't think they only make him today that's only one man's opinions AKA yours Scott!
I find Team Rocket ok too, they add the humor when needed however things like in the league they some times have too much screen time.
With Brock, its a bit different he hasn't done a thing in every episode he's been in other than tell people facts we already know. I'm so and so on Brock ok? However, I would like a break from him just one year.

The entire show needs a huge reboot.

This is why I wish the current writers like Tomioka would be allowed to post blogs. It would be interesting to hear why they took the show in the direction it did and what they think about the current characters.

Is anyone else starting to think Team Rocket may be written out of the anime after BW ends out of respect to Takeshi Shudo? He was basically the creator/father of Team Rocket at the start of the show.

Granted I've been thinking Best Wishes would be TR's and Giovanni's last saga ever since they were revamped, but this makes me think it even more.

I think this may be it for Jessie/James/Meowth.

Is anyone else starting to think Team Rocket may be written out of the anime after BW ends out of respect to Takeshi Shudo? He was basically the creator/father of Team Rocket at the start of the show.

Granted I've been thinking Best Wishes would be TR's and Giovanni's last saga ever since they were revamped, but this makes me think it even more.

I think this may be it for Jessie/James/Meowth.

Why would they dump Team Rocket out of respect for Shudo? Wouldn't they, you know, actually keep them on the main cast forever and ever?

There are series where characters are written out due to respect to whoever created them or so forth. Not that this ever happened in Pokemon so far, but who knows.

As I said anyway, I think the TR story will get its resolution at the end of BW, regardless of this.

Even if they decide to remove the Rocket Gang in Shudo's respect, Best Wishes isn't going to end for another two years at least (assumption). It won't be news anymore by then. Having characters leave out of respect is odd logic to me, too - instead, they should give the older characters such as Kasumi a single-episode cameo or something.

I'm hoping they're not removed... these three have been in the show since the start and getting used to a whole new group won't be easy for me.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom