• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Check out our new Mysterious Garden forum style if you haven't already - we're sure you'll love it!
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Takoyaki talks about the PowerPuff Girls Z anime too much♪

takoyaki

↑avatar by Blanc♡
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
So I'll be reviewing, or at least having my comments on each episode of the anime PowerPuff Girls Z~!! All 52 episodes!!
Spoilers ahead!!!

Intro:
So like my current obsession is the Powerpuff Girls Z anime, and omg it's the perfect one for me. It's shoujo, magical girl, and 2000s. My only exposure to it was liking the reboot as a kid (I didn't know it was a reboot at the time!!) so I am excited to see how everything is in this format, but I'm so excited to start watching it~~

So because of that, I'm gonna make a separate BulbaBlog for this series! A review for each episode (there are 52!!), and aaa I'm so excited!!

The first opening is so great, it has an amazing 2000s feel, as does the rest of the anime. Honestly my dream anime in a nutshell...

Last edited:

takoyaki

↑avatar by Blanc♡
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
Episode 1!!
I decided to just give my random thoughts as I watch, then a summary below those!!

Already it gives me HUGE sonic X vibes; the soundtrack and a little of the animation maybe?
I love how the cute lil dog calls them to magicalgirltransform™️!
Lmaoo so like, they just...are like "hey, we're gonna go, that OK? see ya~"
That's a great transformation sequence!! Peak 2000s anime, I'm here for itttt
Why tf is Mojo at a kindergarten? Like and stuffing the kids into a cage? Is it a ransom case or eating kids case?
So he wants their candy? Just go to a 100-yen store dude there's all sorts of candy there lmao
THEY SIGN AUTOGRAPHS BEFORE THEY FIGHT AWWW i feel buttercup's pain
Lmaoo Mojo wanted their autograph too, respect the hustle
Ah, the lady just...dies from a MojoGlare(tm)
Mojo beyblade?!!
Do the bubbles hurt?
The professor looks like the guy from curious george
LMAO they're eating midbattle?? Are the rules autograph before, eat middle, firm handshake after? At least they're supporting local business?
As for ice cream flavors, I love coffee ice cream. Strawberry and raspberry sound delicious too~
OMG he stole the lady!!!
THE HISSATSU WOOOO
Poor mojo, I mean his hospital bills will be OK because it's Japan but like...
Doesn't saying PowerPuff Girls Z get kinda long after a while??
DIGITAL DOG AWW
So this guy like, accidentally makes them from a food item? dude that's how you make a nuclear weapon...
Shibuya penguins? Sounds like a cool hockey team ngl. Japanese hockey woo
So his kid like, aims the untested chemical at mount fuji? sounds legit
And like, Blossom becomes a magical girl from that?
Oh cool, Bubbles too?
Is it always gonna do like the 15 sec transformation sequence? if so that's OK too~
Legit thought Buttercup had a Beyblade for a sec lmao.
WHOA she uses "ore"!????? that's CRAZY holy shark, you go for it dude
Ohhhh and so the dog talks and the mojo jojo's because of the chemical X. And Blossom is somehow a yo-yo god. Neat.
mojojojojojojojojojojomojojojojomojojojojojo
Why is there a way to eat cream sandwich crackers? why not eat?
日本の常識やつLMAOO
The main character aura haha
Can I become a character in this show with a kendama?!!
LMAOO HE SLIPS ON THE ORANGESSSSSS
She team rocket'ed him! nice!
"hey thanks for saving all of tokyo, but why tf did you hurt the city? unacceptable"
-mayor

ENDING THEME GOES HARD!!!
レッツゴー!
blueberry blackberry raspberry strawberry

Why is this actually so amazing and catchy?
真夜中過ぎてシンデレラでいたい〜
このまま〜
魔法をかけてよ!!
Love the guitar omg

Buttercup dude skirts aren't that baddddd

Basically, the three girls are in school then get an urgent call to fight the green monkey villain mojo jojo, so they ditch school and it turns out that mojo jojo is kidnapping a bunch of kindergarteners. For their candy, so he can get big and strong. Won't that just mess up your muscle??
Anyways they get tired so they have some sort of truce and sit down to eat ice cream in the middle of the battle. Won't that just provide a short energy boost to your body?
Well it doesn't matter because with that energy they do their hissatsu, or special moves.
Then the second part of the episode happens, and it's backstory. Buttercup uses a traditionally masculine pronoun and hates skirts, that's cute in its' own way dude, you be you! Blossom is like me and uses "atashi" lol.
That's basically it. The ending theme is about love weirdly enough, is there an interest or something introduced later on? Some anime songs are like that though so I wouldn't put much stock into it lol...

Honestly this is such a strong first episode! Excited to watch the next one!!
I loved all of it. Music is on point (both the OP and ED are mega catchy and are good pieces of music), writing is funny, animation is 2000s just how I like it, and the VAs are very good! I'm very excited to just see where this all goes because man, this is going to be my favorite anime I think. Holy cow aaaaaaaaa dude it's so awesome~

Definitely love this aaaa~!!

takoyaki

↑avatar by Blanc♡
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
Episode 2!!

Man I wish I was around in July of 2004 or whenever this was made, in Japan. I would have watched this then been called a nerd by my friends or something. Life would have been funny lmao.

This OP's animation is on point.
この世界のステキ物語〜
必要なんてしていなくて
Seriously, this OP is my favorite OP ever. Like a a pokémon OP's music. Can ash's Japanese VA cover this? Can I make an AMV of this and Pokémon??

LMAOOO THE MAYOR KIDNAPS BLOSSOM
oh god this looks not good
Aaaand they lured her in with chocolate yikes
So like, she became poweredup because of the white light from chemical z

I love how she's happy about the clothes, you rock blossom.

おしゃべり大好きだワン THE DOG IS SO CUTE AAAAWWWWWW

Is the dog gonna be their sidekick?! Legit so cute

Wow the music that plays with bubble's appearance is very calming! Sounds like something from Lumines or another rhythm game.

Blossom does have the leader vibe. Not just cause she's the red color.

おい人間め!この俺様はdies
-mojo jojo

LMAOOO did mojo just like imitate the kind old japanese grandma voice?!

Wait, maybe she shouldn't jump with the cat?!

WOW blossom has a sweet tooth! and mojojojo tries to steal them again lmao.

is he throwing coconuts or rocks?

お猿さんはいじめとはいけないと思います how sweet of bubbles, didn't you see the monkey trying to like kill her tho?

bubbles uses keigo a lot! neat!

普通の猿はさゃべれないわ!

LMAO HE FLICKS HER NOSE

bubblestick headshot

They have strapped down the monkey. What could go wrong?

buttercup: blames getting a cold on a skirt lmao

You know, the kid in this is smart if he's working with the professor...

Peach likes the monkey lmaoo...

WHY WAKE THE MONKEY UP?!!!

She will murder him for snacks. Respect the grind.

わかったワン! so cute~

Lmaoooo the monkey uses おいら that sounds old

Oh, the dog initiates their transformationsequence(tm), neat!!!

ローリングバブルス!

mojojojo: bonked

Buttercup just sees him on the street and "we're blasting off agaaaain"'s him lmao

Awesome ED

blueberry blackberry raspberry strawberry!

Pure 2000s~

魔法をかけてよ〜

part of the guitar sounds like sk8er boi lol

チョウパワフル日本だぜ!
-buttercup

So basically this episode is "how it happened". Blossom gets kidnapped for science, bubbles loves skipping and ends up getting chased by mojo jojo unknowingly, the dog is very cute and can talk!!
They get tested and yep, chemical Z caused the magical girl stuff, cool! The monkey jojo escapes from the professor's lab, but gets mega f'ed up by buttercup who team rocket's him with her (their?) hammer. EZ.

All in all another awesome episode!! I'm excited to see more actual situations they're in, I don't want all backstory. I think the next one will be the last backstory, maybe? Super awesome, I just love this~ :)

Nicolas721

Reaction score
This is a good anime if you like magical girl episodic adventures. Some episodes are very sentimental and it has nice animation, style and songs. Definitely has more charm than the 2016 reboot. Nice to see you liked it!