• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Takoyaki's Random Weekly Poll #1: Cats VS Dogs!

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
This is the first installment of my weekly poll series!
The topic is Cats VS Dogs!! The winner gets...as always, nothing but bragging rights!!
Basically this is like the Splatfests in Splatoon!
Feel free to debate in-thread but please keep it civil--forum rules ALWAYS apply :)

So vote away!! The poll will end next Sunday!!

This is the hub for announcements!!

If forced to pick I'd say dogs. They comfort me with cuddles and kisses, make me laugh, and try their best to take care of me. But I love cats too. They're fun and they're purring comforts me. Our cat's a weirdo, but he's a sweetheart and cares in his own way.

It's a very hard decision. I love both. I just spend more time with dogs.

Team Cats better win or I'm rioting. /j

I certainly don't dislike dogs at all, I'm sure they're very nice — but I've only ever owned cats, and I'm not really around many dogs very often, so you can imagine larger dogs can be a bit overwhelming to me. Chihuahuas and other small breeds are my favorites, but anything bigger than that and I'm a little timid around them lol.

Cats though are some of the sweetest animals I've ever met; I've never encountered a cat I didn't enjoy the company of. They're just very easygoing and mild for the most part, but still very loving and I appreciate that. My friends/family tell me I just have a "cat aura" because even stray and feral cats will warm up to me almost immediately. so yeah, my choice was obvious. x)

I can't vote, because I like them both equally. Felines and canines are BOTH my favorite animals. Though I do have more of a bias towards cats due to having far more experience with them and enjoying consuming the internet's infinite and glorious cat content on a daily basis, I think canines are some of the most majestic creatures that exist. Aesthetically though, I prefer foxes to dogs.

Still, there are many beautiful domestic dog breeds that are uniquely them, like border collies and my personal favorite, the papilllon. The papillon we were looking after for one of my sister's boyfriends ages ago was one of the sweetest, most intelligent creatures I've ever come across, certainly the equal to my current cats. One day, I yearn to have a dog of my own.

As for cats, they are the most hilarious creatures on this earth who constantly bring me joy through said videos. The ones I have are also ridiculous and do stupid weird things everyday. I love their quirkiness, their lithe form that is so flexible and absurd that we constantly compare it to a liquid, and their signature purr. They are also the most relaxing creatures, in addition to being hilarious. Very little beats having an affectionate cat purring on your chest.

If there was some way we could combine them into one creature, it would be the perfect being that would transcend all reality. The closest we're probably going to get to that is foxes, which are not properly domesticated, sadly.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom