• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Takoyaki's Random Weekly Poll #2: Summer VS Winter!!

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
Hello again everyone!! Welcome to the second installment of my weekly poll series!!

This time it's Summer VS Winter--do you prefer the heat or the cold?!
The winner gets...as always, nothing but bragging rights!!
Feel free to debate in-thread but please keep it civil--forum rules ALWAYS apply :)

So vote away!! The poll will end next Sunday!!

This is the hub for announcements!!

Last edited:
It's hard for me to choose one. Australian summers can get extremely hot, depending on where you live... It's been 45c on Christmas day before.

On the other hand, I hate the cold... and while we don't get as cold as some places, to me anything below 15c is uncomfortable.

On the other hand, I hate the cold... and while we don't get as cold as some places, to me anything below 15c is uncomfortable.
So why do you keep filling the Bulbagarden kitchens with snow? :p

In seriousness, summer any day. I hate snow and ice and stuff and have been accused of having ridiculous heat tolerance. Usually when everyone else is melting in shorts and a t-shirt is when I'm starting to halfway consider taking off my jacket, which gets me a lot of weird looks and questions about how I'm not dying of heatstroke, but more importantly I'm much much more comfortable in the somewhat hot summers than in the blizzards and below zero °F winters. Also snow cancels things and heat usually doesn't.

This is a tough one for me. I don't like extreme heat, I really can't stand it. On the other hand, I don't like cold temperatures that much either, but I can stand them better. I was born in the winter, and it has a lot of things I like, such as the holiday season. But on the other hand I don't like how short the days are in winter and how it gets dark so early. I do like the longer days with more sunlight in summer (as long as it doesn't get too hot lol). Plus people seem to be in a better mood in summer overall, and everyone is a bit more easygoing and laidback. Winter makes a lot of people depressed unfortunately.

For now I'll say summer.

This one’s difficult for me as well. I’m prone to seasonal depression in the winter but I absolutely love snow, though we don’t get it super often in the PNW. Years ago I would’ve easily said summer, but between no longer associating it with a break from school and the increasingly frequent extreme heat waves, it’s definitely lost some points. I’d rather be too cold than too hot so I think winter has a slight edge.

Winter, no hesitation.

I empathize with Cubone because I too get seasonal depression in the winter, but I also have the slightly more uncommon version of it that occurs in the summer — so the excessive sun and grossly hot weather basically just make me feel super exhausted and annoyed all the time. If it's above 85°F/29°C I'm not going out that day. - -;

Meanwhile, winter is home to my birthday, and I love the frosty cold temperatures, and the holiday season, and being able to have hot food and drinks, and the first snow of the year... and I get to wear that coat that I like, and burn my favorite candle, and oh look the neighbors have put up the lights on their house... yes, winter has its drawbacks too, but I'll still take it over summer ANY day.

Back
Top Bottom