• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Takoyaki's Random Weekly Poll #6: Fruits VS Vegetables!!

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
...I'm not running out of ideas, you are!!

Hellllooooooo everyone☆!! Welcome to the sixth installment of my poll series!!

I hope that everyone here eats their fruits and veggies! ...I guess just one would be OK too...

Besides, it's not like you only eat meat, and some of you like @CuboneKing don't eat meat!! So...is one better than the other!?

I...like citrusy fruits like oranges and mangoes, but onions and garlic are food un cooking, and I love grilled corn and salad!!

I'll go against my gut and say I like Fruit more because of citus~!!

So...the winner gets...as always, nothing but bragging rights!! Maybe I should let the winners pick next week's thingy!?
Feel free to debate in-thread but please keep it civil--forum rules ALWAYS apply :)

So vote away!! The poll will end next Monday!!

This is the hub for announcements!!

I initially voted for fruit, but after some consideration I changed my vote to vegetables.

There's nothing like a good piece of fruit (mangoes, mandarin oranges, pineapple, and watermelon are the best of course; and chili peppers are technically a fruit too) — but the more I thought about it, I just kept thinking of more vegetables that I really like. (Cauliflower, arugula, scallions, red bell peppers, green beans, snap peas, butter lettuce, cucumber, asparagus, broccoli, capers, potatoes, herbs like basil and oregano and dill...)

While I might not love all vegetables the same way I do most fruits, they can be used in so many different ways that fruit just can't. The sheer versatility of vegetables is unmatched!

...I do still hate green bell peppers though.

• Staff
I initially voted for fruit, but after some consideration I changed my vote to vegetables.

There's nothing like a good piece of fruit (mangoes, mandarin oranges, pineapple, and watermelon are the best of course; and chili peppers are technically a fruit too) — but the more I thought about it, I just kept thinking of more vegetables that I really like. (Cauliflower, arugula, scallions, red bell peppers, green beans, snap peas, butter lettuce, cucumber, asparagus, broccoli, capers, potatoes, herbs like basil and oregano and dill...)

While I might not love all vegetables the same way I do most fruits, they can be used in so many different ways that fruit just can't. The sheer versatility of vegetables is unmatched!

...I do still hate green bell peppers though.
I was going to change my vote after reading this, but reread and saw that peppers are fruit and stayed firmly put, lol!

I was going to change my vote after reading this, but reread and saw that peppers are fruit and stayed firmly put, lol!
That is completely fair. Where would any of us be without the mighty chili pepper???

Upon rereading my own post I now realize bell peppers are also technically fruits... and now I'm even more on the side of Team Vegetable :notworthy:

Fruits might taste nice, but they are usually full of sugar. Vegetables on the other hand are low in sugar and high in nutrients.

That said, i absolutely love lemon and how it can really enhance meals. Fish and chips with lemon, or even lemon chicken.

Snowy’s favourite fruit is lemon, fyi. With tomato being a close second favourite fruit.

Blast it, i’m voting for fruit, mainly because of these two :p

I'll just put this simply. Fruit are things I actively want to eat and would be perfectly willing to eat on their own.
Vegetables are a thing I will eat if its in a meal but won't bother asking for specifically nor would I eat by itself.
So definitely team fruit for sure.

Back
Top Bottom