• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Takoyaki's Random Weekly Poll #9: Knights VS Dragons!!

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
A huuuuuuge thank you to the everpresent evercool mod of General Pokémon Discussion (and my friend!!) @Orchid for this awesome idea!!

Anyways, Knights and Dragons!! As for me, this is a relatively easy pick, I think? (even though I'm not much of a fan of the traditional medieval setting, I like Japanese dragons more~)

"Knight" is NOT a Pokémon type!! "Dragon" is!! And besides, Axew is waaaaay cuter than Bisharp, so why wouldn't I pick Dragons!?

So...the winner gets...as always, nothing but bragging rights!!
Feel free to debate in-thread but please keep it civil--forum rules ALWAYS apply :)

So vote away!! The poll will end next Monday!!

This is the hub for announcements!!

I'm on Team Knights. Armor, blades, and valor are always gonna be way cooler to me than any depiction of a dragon; that's just the truth.

...have we EVER been on the same side on one of these polls??? I'm sorry we have to keep dueling each other like this Lisia. I hope you'll accept this peace offering...
truce.png

Not even a contest. Dragons are the most fascinating and varied mythological creatures ever created by mankind. They appear all over the world, in so many different forms. A lot of people look at certain Pokemon and say: "That isn't a dragon!" But honestly, what a dragon can be is kind of nebulous. Sometimes, a dragon is just a big winged lizard, other times, it is a serpentine chimera with mammalian features [note the catlike features on many Asian dragons, such as the whiskers and noses], and sometimes, they can even have avian traits. I kind of love that Pokemon has a Dragon-type because it really showcases the limitless nature of what can be a dragon. [Except for Alolan Exeggutor. Screw that guy, he has very little in the way of draconic traits. He's not even really an animal - he's just a weird tree. At the bare minimum, a dragon should at least look like some kind of animal. Tropius is a far better example of a tree dragon.]

Unlike a lot of people, I think of dragons less as just lizards and more akin to dinosaurs, because of their huge variety. Dinosaurs were a lot more varied than the general public thinks. They weren't just lizards - they were what became birds. Many of them were warm-blooded as birds and mammals are. So that's why I tend to be more accepting of them having lots of differing traits.

My personal favorite are the serpentine feathered ones, because I am obsessed with noodles of all kinds. Quetzalcoatl and Dragonair are good examples of this.

I do think knights and swords are also very cool, though they aren't as cool as dragons. And I tend to prefer sorceresses and mages to the knight architype anyway.

You know what is even cooler than just dragons and knights though? Combining both of them. A dragon that is also a knight is peak awesomeness and no one can convince me otherwise.

Last edited:
I meant the thread, but the results probably should be announced first.
I did that in the main thread, so look there next time please! If I close this thread itself, the poll will go away, so I really don't particularly care if it's not closed still.
I'm on-time this time!! This train is on time now!!

AAAAAAaaaaaaaaaand we're done with the poll!!

With a score of 11-3, Dragons burned the Knights!!

Thanks for playing~!!!

Next poll will be up soon♪

Back
Top Bottom