• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Tatsumi Kimishima announced as new president of Nintendo: Former president of Pokémon

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Tatsumi Kimishima announced as new president of Nintendo: Former president of Pokémon USA, ...

Tatsumi Kimishima, former president of Pokémon USA and Nintendo of America, has been announced as the new president of Nintendo.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: Tatsumi Kimishima announced as new president of Nintendo: Former president of Pok

I hope this means there won't be connectivity between smartphone games and console games.

This comment has nothing to do with said news and is really awkward considering they JUST announced a few days ago that Pokémon Go wil connect with the main series...
The news this thread is about is not going to affect that in any way...

Re: Tatsumi Kimishima announced as new president of Nintendo: Former president of Pok

I've read that he's the reason the series is even in the US, so I'm trusting.

Good news. A good ol' businessman to lead Nintendo.

I've never heard of him before, but he seems like a good choice based on what I've read about him. I hope he doesn't dissapoint. Also, I wonder: will he be the one that appears in Nintendo Directs?

Maybe now Nintendo will finally treat Samus a little better (not to mention Starfox and F Zero)

Maybe now Nintendo will finally treat Samus a little better (not to mention Starfox and F Zero)

Star Fox has Star Fox 64 3D for 3DS and Star Fox Zero for Wii U, I wouldn't say it's situation is bad.

Looking forward to seeing what direction Kimishima takes the company in. Wonder where his approach will differ from Iwata's? Just hope either way that we can grow to like him as much as we did Iwata. :s Really liked Nintendo Directs a lot myself.

Also, I wonder: will he be the one that appears in Nintendo Directs?

I doubt. From what I've read about him he'll be likely a great CEO (probably he has been taking CEO roles even since Iwata fell ill), but he's not exactly charismatic. I guess Nintendo Directs will be lead by Miyamoto and/or Reggie.

Interestingly, gooling info, I found an article from July 28 pointing Kimishima as the most likely new CEO.

I hope this means there won't be connectivity between smartphone games and console games.

This comment has nothing to do with said news and is really awkward considering they JUST announced a few days ago that Pokémon Go wil connect with the main series...
The news this thread is about is not going to affect that in any way...

Well, not that it will be, just that Masuda wants it to be. It could still fall through.

He was in charge when Mobile GB was dropped from international versions of Pokemon Crystal
In a very different market from what we have today. We aren't in 2001 anymore.

Also, Kimishima only became NoA's president in January 2002. Crystal had already been released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom