• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Tattoos?

xXMelanie_HimeXx

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
Do you like tattoos? If so then do you have any or do you want one? If not then what is it you dislike about them? :p

To those who like tattoos, what do they mean to you? For me, I think tattoos are a great way to express yourself, but remember that tattoos are not for everyone. I got one not too long ago on the side of my abdomen near where my rib cage is, and oh my gosh I wouldn't recommend anyone to get a tattoo there unless you can really handle pain. It hurt quite a lot!

I wouldn't get a permanent tattoo, but I absolutely love tattoo designs! The most I've gotten done was henna! :p

All I can say is make sure the tattoo artist is reputable and uses new or sterilized equipment!

I wouldn't get a permanent tattoo, but I absolutely love tattoo designs! The most I've gotten done was henna! :p

All I can say is make sure the tattoo artist is reputable and uses new or sterilized equipment!

I can understand not wanting to get a permanent tattoo.
Your skin is very special, and henna is pretty :)

I would never consider getting a tattoo, but that's the way I was raised. But I do think arm tattoos are cool.

Tattoo Nightmares is an interesting show. That's the extent of my interest in tattoos. :eh:

They just don't occur to me as something I'd want. There's nothing I like so much that I'd want to memorialize it permanently (and painfully) on my skin, and even if there were, I get that feeling I'd just regret it soon after anyway. Temporary tattoos? If I want a picture of something at all, why would I want one that washes away? Granted you can tear up/burn/wet a paper picture or delete/corrupt/otherwise render inaccessible a picture file, but I generally don't print/save them with the intent that they eventually be destroyed, and even when I do, I want to choose to destroy it purposefully and specifically when I'm done with it, not "I took a couple of showers and it wore away."

As for tattoos on other people, as long as they're not badly done (or in hanzi/kanji/kana, making me wonder if the person knows what it actually says), I don't particularly care, I guess.
VWFixxshrug.gif
I'll notice it, notice it for slightly longer if it's particularly pretty (or think "ouch" if there's a lot of coverage), then my mind goes elsewhere.

I love them! I love the amazing artwork that a tattoo artist can create.

Unfortunately, I don't think I'll ever get one. Not because of this notion of making a "mistake," but only because I have a low tolerance for pain. I'm a huge wimp.

Last edited:
I like looking at tattoos and designs, but I'm scared to get one myself, especially a permanent one. I don't want to get something on my body and then find out I don't like it and want it off when its not possible. When I was little I did get a non-permanent Chikorita tattoo once. I'd rather keep my body blemish-free.

I have two so far and love them. One is on my left arm ( my first name in cursive) and then on my left rib cage. I want to get so many more and my girlfriend likes tattoos also which is a plus. I want to get my back and my thighs done. I do not want to have any of my tattoos showing when I wear a short t-shirt and shorts, so its mostly going to be on my trunk and upper arms and upper legs.

As for pain, it depends on where you get the tattoos. The one that is on my upper arm didn't hurt, it was like getting pinched. The one on my rib cage hurt and felt kind of funny because the skin is so close the bone.

I definitely love looking at tattoo designs and the meanings behind them but I would never get one. Unfortunately I have no pain tolerance or high enough self esteem to get one. So my sister gets enough for the both of us. XD

Currently my sister has a octopus on one shoulder and a seahorse on the other. On her inner wrists she has a blow fish on one side and a tribal looking sea turtle on the other. On her hip is a infinity symbol made of red ribbon. Across her collar bone is the Harry Potter quote "I solemnly swear that I am up to no good. Mischief Managed." in pretty cursive. Right now she is still in the process of getting her right arm sleeved. Its taking awhile because it is all like old school flower lace. Lace has LOTS of detail unfortunately for her but it looks absolutely amazing so far.

I wanna get a tattoo or (tat)two sometime somewhat soonish

dunno what of yet, all I know is that it'll be somefin symbolic that requires a full 48 minutes of google research to actually understand

I love them! I love the amazing artwork that a tattoo artist can create.

Unfortunately, I don't think I'll ever get one. Not because of this notion of making a "mistake," but only because I have a low tolerance for pain. I'm a huge wimp.
Awww =(((

As for tattoos on other people, as long as they're not badly done (or in hanzi/kanji/kana, making me wonder if the person knows what it actually says), I don't particularly care, I guess.
VWFixxshrug.gif
I'll notice it, notice it for slightly longer if it's particularly pretty (or think "ouch" if there's a lot of coverage), then my mind goes elsewhere.
I completely understand. Getting a permanent tattoo is a really big decision for someone to make! I also think it's silly when people get tattoos in languages they can't read.. I actually know kana, but I don't plan on ever getting a kana tattoo. :p
I like looking at tattoos and designs, but I'm scared to get one myself, especially a permanent one. I don't want to get something on my body and then find out I don't like it and want it off when its not possible. When I was little I did get a non-permanent Chikorita tattoo once. I'd rather keep my body blemish-free.
Haha Chikorita is one of my favorite Pokemon. It's so cute :)

I have two so far and love them. One is on my left arm ( my first name in cursive) and then on my left rib cage. I want to get so many more and my girlfriend likes tattoos also which is a plus. I want to get my back and my thighs done. I do not want to have any of my tattoos showing when I wear a short t-shirt and shorts, so its mostly going to be on my trunk and upper arms and upper legs.

As for pain, it depends on where you get the tattoos. The one that is on my upper arm didn't hurt, it was like getting pinched. The one on my rib cage hurt and felt kind of funny because the skin is so close the bone.
Just like you I wouldn't want a tattoo that shows when I'm wearing a t-shirt. It's a lot of work for me to just look professional every single day, and tattoos in those exposed areas wouldn't be seen as professional. It really surprises me when people get their face or their eyeballs tatooed, like, could you believe that!?

I wanna get a tattoo or (tat)two sometime somewhat soonish

dunno what of yet, all I know is that it'll be somefin symbolic that requires a full 48 minutes of google research to actually understand

You're soooo silly :p

I definitely love looking at tattoo designs and the meanings behind them but I would never get one. Unfortunately I have no pain tolerance or high enough self esteem to get one. So my sister gets enough for the both of us. XD

Currently my sister has a octopus on one shoulder and a seahorse on the other. On her inner wrists she has a blow fish on one side and a tribal looking sea turtle on the other. On her hip is a infinity symbol made of red ribbon. Across her collar bone is the Harry Potter quote "I solemnly swear that I am up to no good. Mischief Managed." in pretty cursive. Right now she is still in the process of getting her right arm sleeved. Its taking awhile because it is all like old school flower lace. Lace has LOTS of detail unfortunately for her but it looks absolutely amazing so far.

Aww.. it's sad to know that you have low self-esteem :/

Oh wow, your sis has a lot! :O

I don't like tattoos. I don't have any and neither do most of my friends. I think one or two is okay, but too many tattoos looks kinda trashy IMO.

I don't really want to get any permanent ones, since I can't handle pain well. I do wear temporary ones sometimes though.

I've been thinking of what I want for my first tattoo for a while now, and I've finally settled on it. I'm going to get a barbed-wire watch around my left wrist (by that, I mean the strap itself is replaced with barbed wire). The clock itself, of course, will read 11:58 (2 Minutes to Midnight).

It really surprises me when people get [...] their eyeballs tattooed, like, could you believe that!?

​OH GOD THE PAIN

I don't like tattoos. I don't have any and neither do most of my friends. I think one or two is okay, but too many tattoos looks kinda trashy IMO.

It depends on how the tattoos are done. I do agree that a person can have to many tattoos, but I also think that there is no such thing as to many tattoos. My goal is to have no tattoos showing when I wear shorts and a short sleeve t-shirt. But just about every place you can't see will be covered in ink. Normally people don't hang out with co-workers outside of work, so they wouldn't know I have tattoos unless I told them.

I like tattoos, I believe if people want a lot of tattoos on their body then that's their choice, no one else's. I do have one tattoo of an owl on my back between the shoulder blades.

Back
Top Bottom