1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If your account is currently registered using an @aol.com, @comcast.net or @verizon.net email address, you should change this to another email address. These providers have been rejecting all emails from @bulbagarden.net email addresses, preventing user registrations, and thread/conversation notifications. If you have been impacted by this issue and are currently having trouble logging into your account, please contact us via the link at the bottom right hand of the forum home, and we'll try to sort things out for you as soon as possible.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Bulbagarden has launched a new public Discord server. Click Here!
    Dismiss Notice

TCG & Collectibles General Chat Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon TCG and Collectibles' started by Zachie, Dec 25, 2017.

1. Zachie

Zachie Mooderator

Blog Posts:
    Hey everyone!

You will most likely have seen a thread like this in a lot of other places, but you can use this thread to chat with the other members that visit TCG & Collectibles! Feel free to discuss absolutely anything you like (as long as it follows forum rules), it doesn't need to be specifically about the Pokemon TCG or the many different collectibles. But ensure you be mindful of the other users. :)

Enjoy!

2. Dolce

Dolce Nyeh. :P

Blog Posts:
    For curiosity sake, how did everyone start their collections?

I remember when I was young, asking my parents for Pokémon cards. My first holo was a Kangaskhan from Jungle. :D My parents also bought me some Pokémon merch like a plush Pikachu. But I didn't really start buying my things until I had my own money.

3. diamondpearl876

diamondpearl876 Avid Bird Owner

Blog Posts:
    I remember asking my family for Pokemon cards and Bandai figures from gens 1 and 2 forever ago. I also got a few board games (Pokemon Yahtzee, Pokemon monopoly, Pokemon Sorry!, etc) and a ton of plushies. Anddd I remember getting Pokemon shaped macaroni and cheese and cutting out the collectible "coins" from the boxes. Every year for Christmas and my birthday, it was mostly Pokemon stuff on my wishlist.

Yeah, I had a lot of nonsense. I still have it all packed away somewhere. Now, I just buy new generation games as they come out, and I'm trying to collect 1 TCG card for each Pokemon - even if I don't play the game or get any of the rare, "useful" cards. : ' ) It's like Pokedex completion, TCG card style!

Dolce likes this.
  4. Dolce

Dolce Nyeh. :P

Blog Posts:
    When I collect I try to aim for things that have meaning to me. Like my Bewear Pokédoll reminds me of my Lulu that I used in my first playthrough of moon. I kinda do this in hopes I don't splurge but it's often no use. xD

diamondpearl876 likes this.
  5. diamondpearl876

diamondpearl876 Avid Bird Owner

Blog Posts:
    Did someone say splurge?

That feeling when you're adult so you only get money for Christmas and then you're tempted to just use that money to buy Pokemon stuff...

6. Zachie

Zachie Mooderator

Blog Posts:
    Last year I got money for my birthday & they had a sale on Pokemon cards the same day so I spent it all on Pokemon cards! :D

diamondpearl876 likes this.