• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

TCG TCG & Collectibles General Chat Thread

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

You will most likely have seen a thread like this in a lot of other places, but you can use this thread to chat with the other members that visit TCG & Collectibles! Feel free to discuss absolutely anything you like (as long as it follows forum rules), it doesn't need to be specifically about the Pokemon TCG or the many different collectibles. But ensure you be mindful of the other users. :)

Enjoy!

For curiosity sake, how did everyone start their collections?

I remember when I was young, asking my parents for Pokémon cards. My first holo was a Kangaskhan from Jungle. :D My parents also bought me some Pokémon merch like a plush Pikachu. But I didn't really start buying my things until I had my own money.

I remember asking my family for Pokemon cards and Bandai figures from gens 1 and 2 forever ago. I also got a few board games (Pokemon Yahtzee, Pokemon monopoly, Pokemon Sorry!, etc) and a ton of plushies. Anddd I remember getting Pokemon shaped macaroni and cheese and cutting out the collectible "coins" from the boxes. Every year for Christmas and my birthday, it was mostly Pokemon stuff on my wishlist.

Yeah, I had a lot of nonsense. I still have it all packed away somewhere. Now, I just buy new generation games as they come out, and I'm trying to collect 1 TCG card for each Pokemon - even if I don't play the game or get any of the rare, "useful" cards. : ' ) It's like Pokedex completion, TCG card style!

When I collect I try to aim for things that have meaning to me. Like my Bewear Pokédoll reminds me of my Lulu that I used in my first playthrough of moon. I kinda do this in hopes I don't splurge but it's often no use. xD

That feeling when you're adult so you only get money for Christmas and then you're tempted to just use that money to buy Pokemon stuff...
Last year I got money for my birthday & they had a sale on Pokemon cards the same day so I spent it all on Pokemon cards! :D

I'm just starting out (I'm 18 and want to do this with my 7 year old brother), I just spent over €100 on cards...

When I got back into Pokémon cards, my brothers had inherited my old collection, and I started one anew. At first it was a few cards of Klefki and the Honedge line I’d ordered. Then I boosted my new collection further with some theme decks, like Green Cyclone, Ocean’s Core, and the Xerneas/Yveltal Battle Arena deck, and I keep supplementing it with new cards every now and then!

What cards are you looking forward to seeing made in the future? I can’t wait to see the Stakataka GX that’s practically confirmed to be in the set after Forbidden Light, myself. I also hope they make supporter cards of Nanu and Aether Foundation Employee, as well as stadium cards for each Ultra Beast’s world in the games.

Finally got a better look at the cards in Forbidden Light. And honestly I'm not huge on gen 6, so I don't mind skipping this set. But I do want a Dedenne. :v

The art is super nice. Though nice TCG art is a weakness of mine.

Has anyone else seen the Champion Road cards? I'm happy to see it has some old artwork. :D

Yeah, one of those that I recall is a Sableye reprint that I have my eyes on. I used to have the original with a cool holo pattern, but my brothers dented it up along with most of my old collection :/

On another note, I’m super excited for Celestial Storm! There’s tons of cool artwork featuring some of my favorite Pokémon, including but not limited to these beauties:

3CAEAC76-6BAA-4D6D-9C6D-EF666ABF544C.jpeg
1385EF78-9EAF-4DED-9944-F1123888B455.jpeg
027F4C7C-98B7-4BE4-BE6C-8B5F430606C8.jpeg
19C06871-732D-43A7-96E3-19414B14EFFB.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom