• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

TCG TCG & Collectibles General Chat Thread

So, I just read some interesting news...after being removed from its initial place in the Grass group and bring sorted into the Psychic type group since generation 4, Poison-type Pokémon are now going to be represented in the TCG’s Darkness type with the release of Gen 8 cards! This is rather interesting; I could’ve predicted Ghost-type Pokémon being sorted from Psychic into Darkness instead, or even Poison-types going back to having Grass group cards, but I didn’t quite expect this. And apart from special cases such as Dark Pokémon/Delta Species Pokémon, this’ll be the first time that Pokémon not regarded as Dark-types elsewhere in the franchise will be sharing the Darkness group with actual Dark-types. Although this could mean more unusual type interactions that don’t always line up with the main series type matchups (something that Ghost-types being classified as Darkness instead would actually help to correct instead), I can see how it works from a thematic standpoint; Poison is a “sinister” type much like Dark (hence why they’re both popular choices for villain teams), whereas Poison has much less of a thematic connection to Psychic-types. Anyone else have any thoughts on this development?

So, I just read some interesting news...after being removed from its initial place in the Grass group and bring sorted into the Psychic type group since generation 4, Poison-type Pokémon are now going to be represented in the TCG’s Darkness type with the release of Gen 8 cards! This is rather interesting; I could’ve predicted Ghost-type Pokémon being sorted from Psychic into Darkness instead, or even Poison-types going back to having Grass group cards, but I didn’t quite expect this. And apart from special cases such as Dark Pokémon/Delta Species Pokémon, this’ll be the first time that Pokémon not regarded as Dark-types elsewhere in the franchise will be sharing the Darkness group with actual Dark-types. Although this could mean more unusual type interactions that don’t always line up with the main series type matchups (something that Ghost-types being classified as Darkness instead would actually help to correct instead), I can see how it works from a thematic standpoint; Poison is a “sinister” type much like Dark (hence why they’re both popular choices for villain teams), whereas Poison has much less of a thematic connection to Psychic-types. Anyone else have any thoughts on this development?
That's interesting...

To simplify the game mechanics a bit (like for instance so that it’s not incredibly rare to hit a Pokémon for weakness if they don’t squeeze a bunch of type symbols into the bottom of the card), multiple Pokémon types are grouped under similar types in the TCG. Here’s a Li’l guide with the TCG types on the left, and the main series types that fit them on the right:

Colorless: Normal, Flying, Dragon (pre-Gen 5)
Fire: Fire
Water: Water, Ice
Grass: Grass, Bug, Poison (pre-Gen 4)
Fighting: Fighting, Rock, Ground
Psychic: Psychic, Ghost, Poison (Gens 4-7)
Lightning: Electric
Dragon: Dragon (got its own TCG type in Gen 5)
Fairy: Fairy
Metal: Steel
Darkness: Dark, Poison (Gen 8)

Part of me wonders if it had anything to do with fairies being pink, and boys being averse to pink because they view it as too girly. I wonder if that was any sort of factor.

Part of me wonders if it had anything to do with fairies being pink, and boys being averse to pink because they view it as too girly. I wonder if that was any sort of factor.
I don't think so, considering that the games have more or less avoided the "this is only for boys" trend. It would also be weird considering the amount of "cute" cards that other TCG have (like the whole Madolche archetype in Yu-Gi-Oh!).

i have a lot of pokemon cards

Attachments

• A84E8BCF-A7A9-456F-AD22-73C6D70B4FF6.jpeg
    A84E8BCF-A7A9-456F-AD22-73C6D70B4FF6.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 67
  • DF606ED4-E09C-48CD-A742-C778462B426A.jpeg
    DF606ED4-E09C-48CD-A742-C778462B426A.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 71
  • E0910ABC-9B71-46FC-B6A5-1F7AA8556108.jpeg
    E0910ABC-9B71-46FC-B6A5-1F7AA8556108.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 52
  • 94E0A268-78E8-4511-8115-0B41DBEAA140.jpeg
    94E0A268-78E8-4511-8115-0B41DBEAA140.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 56
Bought this earlier this month and thought I would share it. I remember having one of these growing up! Box was in great shape too! For its age that is.
20858431-BCD1-48E5-8CBC-B00C0E73CDA7.jpeg

Dr. Lava just responded to me about the scalping controversy (you maybe already aware of this situation) thoughts on the TGC scalping and this is what he had to say:

Attachments

• 20210519_074803.png
    20210519_074803.png
    210 KB · Views: 69
  • 20210519_074820.png
    20210519_074820.png
    230.9 KB · Views: 64
Yes, FINALLY somebody is talking about the TCG! I've been waiting!

I've designed all kinds of decks (none super powerful, but oh well), and it's great fun! My Xerneas is a promo, dunno which one, but the Light of Life attack is its more powerful one. I'm looking for Celebrations, and one day, that Xerneas will be mine as well.

Back
Top Bottom