• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

TCG TCG & Collectibles General Chat Thread

Wish I could get an Astral Radiance booster box.
We did get some first 2x Astral Radiance packs this month but we are way behind with receiving releases.
My best cards were Basculegion Reverse Holo and a Magnemite Reverse Holo (Where the energy element is all over the card)

However last week i did draw a a Basic Kricketune V and Rainbow Colored Celebi V-Max. It's odd that it needs another type of Celebi to be used.

Attachments

• 20220521_160049.jpg
    20220521_160049.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 29
Some of the Astral Radiance cards do look amazing such as a Garchomp with Cynthia as a basic card and you don't need Gible and Gabite to use it. Seeing full art iconic trainers compared to the original G1 gym leader expansion which were named with a just a mugshot is a fantastic idea.

Being "[Gym Leader]'s Pokémon" was more of a mechanic, the Trainer Gallery cards have no gameplay difference from their normal prints. Not that I am complaining. V cards are pretty nice, but there is always the catch that when they are knocked out, your opponent takes two prize cards.

Being "[Gym Leader]'s Pokémon" was more of a mechanic, the Trainer Gallery cards have no gameplay difference from their normal prints. Not that I am complaining. V cards are pretty nice, but there is always the catch that when they are knocked out, your opponent takes two prize cards.
Not as severe as GX-Cards and V-Max cards, those have a punishing 3 Prize Cards rule. Makes you have to save them in your hand or hope you don't use them early without a good defense.

Hm. I remember that the Pokémon-GX rule says two prize cards, not three. Checks binder Yeah, you're thinkin' of Tag Team GX cards.

Anyhow, I am gonna go to Outland afterschool to buy some Astral Radiance packs.

Last edited:
OUGHHGUHUHUH. went to a local comic book shop, in addition to generally having a good time i got 3 astral radiance packs and like.. ok idk if the "rare" cards are more common now but HOLY SHIT. 3 ABSOLUTE BANGER CARDS (PICTURED BELOW) AND ONLY ONE DUPLICATE (WHISCASH). ABSOLUTELY PHENOMENAL PULLS AND CALYREX IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE MONS TOO <3 also yes i got images from the pokemon website instead of taking photos so just source dude trust me. i simply do not like getting photos from phone to computer
1655340599050.png
1655340637146.png
1655340677670.png

now if only i can get my hands on the galarian zapdos V card with sonia, one of those zacian/zamazenta cards with hop, + that origin form palkia card with the mc escher bullshit goin on

Got a amazing find while exploring my local hobby-store that had a big sale. Bought a Flareon GX tin. The biggest finds were Flareon GX, Malamar V and lastly A CHARIZARD V (NOT RAINBOW OR VMAX) insert favorite victory or party tune

Flareon GX itself is great and has good synergy with Charizard's V strongest move which discards 3 energy cards. But if he gets KO'd then you can time the Power Burner GX for some payback. Power Burner GX get 20x damage for each energy card in the pile but only once.

Attachments

• Charizard.jpg
    Charizard.jpg
    371.6 KB · Views: 33
I don't collect physical cards anymore but I play TCGO. God, I want those vstar cards sooo bad. They're so powerful despite only taking 2 prize cards when you beat them, instead of 3 like tag team, it feels like a power creep thing.

I'm in the process of updating all of my decks (one for each type), and may buy some codes on ebay again (which seem...cheaper lately? maybe because tcg live is coming out soon and people want to sell the codes while they can? lol) to try and snag a vstar or two.

Back
Top Bottom