• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

TCGO Trainer Challenge open beta launches: Limited beta shows off new technology

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
TCGO Trainer Challenge open beta launches: Limited beta shows off new technology

The Trainer Challenge section of the Pokémon Trading Card Game: Online service has launched in public beta today for all Pokémon Trainer Club members. The Trainer Challenge consists of three Leagues, of which players use one of three preconstructed decks to battle 14 AI Trainers. The system uses rule changes brought over from the Japanese Black and White Collection set, though no rotation was made on the site.

Read more on Bulbanews

I might try this, but sadly, there will probably be haxxorz.

I'm playing right now, and it's really fun considering I've never played the TCG before. The glitches and freezes aren't nice though :<

I still think the guy in the red-orange sweater looks wasted.

Other than that, the TCGO is really interesting and I'd love to try it.

I've played it, it's so cool, and some battles are pretty tough, even in medium settings. And I only had one glitch: I klicked something and it showed my hand but it said to wait (basicly it frozed on me) and I had to forfit.
Though you can't log in right now, as the site is going through maintenance. Somebody should update the story so everybody knows.

I suppose it's ok.

Never got past the Nick or whatever guy, either the game kept frozing, I had no idea of what to do, or I didn't have the right energy to use a move for my Pokemon :/

My avatar is about the only good thing I got to do... Anyway, when it starts properly it will be much better. And then I can throw some cards in there that I purchase... The game is so-so for me, as I've already stated.

I think I might just stick with regular cards.. At least they don't have a bunch of glitches.

I wish I could play, but I don't have the time to do that. From what I heard, it must be a blast to experience.

Thanks for reading.

It's awesome! I just hope they'll fix all problems soon (like, how it often freezes at the middle of a "battle")
And hopefully they'll officially start it soon cause it's a little annoying to see I'm supposed to earn tokens yet I don't really get them
It's really great to see how much the official site developed since the beginning of 2010 - the whole trainer club thing (good minigames with new ones added with the time, earning tokens and getting to buy clothes and accessories to design your character, whole episodes for direct watching, now the TCG online game and soon the DS Dream World too!)

Mine must be on easy mode or something because I've been just straight beasting everybody so far xD
Edit: Turns out it's been on "Dynamic" this whole time xD

Last edited:
I've played it and I loved it, especially because I've never played the TCG before. Where I live there isn't anyone with Pokemon cards so I am really looking forward to this.

Its seems that the site has been re-released, since all my previous info, like defeating all the AIs, isn't there.

Apparently they had to wipe everything with a new update. :complain:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom