• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Tea in the Garden

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pastellorama

Reaction score
[video=youtube;wLZmS5ymC0U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLZmS5ymC0U[/video]

If you are unable to watch the video for any reason, please take the time to read through the rules:
RULE ONE: Double Posts -> Double Trouble

And that’s one kind of trouble we like to avoid. Yes, even at our tea party, double posting is a no-go. If you forgot to add something to your post, you can use the EDIT button to add it, rather than making an entirely new post.

RULE TWO: Save the drama for your llama

Unless it’s the discussion of a television drama or theater class. Those are perfect to chat about over a nice cup of tea.

The drama we do not want here is the kind that brings down the mood. We understand that disagreements may arise between users. However, we ask that those matters be left outside of our friendly little gathering.

RULE THREE: I Solemnly Swear that I am Up to no Good

In general, swearing is not frowned upon here. The exception to this general stance is when the swearing is directed at a fellow BMGf member. Verbal abuse and sexual harassment will not be tolerated.

What is viewed as an acceptable swear for one may be taken as a jab by another. If you are ever uncomfortable with a post, please click the Report button (located on the bottom left corner of the post) and kindly give us an explanation for why the message in question is a concern to you.

RULE FOUR: Class and SASS

We have a surplus of both here.

For those who are unfamiliar with the F&G brand of SASS, it is an acronym that stands for the following:
S: Smileys
A: Asterisks
S: Spelling
S: Sarcasm

It is very useful in decoding the seriousness of a message. Let’s put it to the test, shall we?
Take the post, “You guys all suck, I’m leaving this travesty of a forum forever.”

When one is talking with another person face-to-face, various clues are given as to the meaning of the words exchanged between the two parties. Facial expressions, actions, and the tone of voice are all indicators of how a person is feeling.

When communicating on an internet forum, you lose out on all of these visual and verbal clues. So in order to get the true meaning of our message across, let’s apply a little bit of SASS.

Our post becomes “U gais all suck, I’m leaving this travesty of a forum 4eva. *tips nonexistent hat to you all, then departs for the moon* “

This is one of the few times where some SASS dispels a misunderstanding rather than creating one. So take advantage of this opportunity and use it. ;D
FORUM AND SUBFORUM RULES:
Forum Rules
Due to the new Forum Rules, posts that comment about a thread's inactivity will count as Pointless Post.

Fun & Games Rules and Guidelines

HELPFUL LINKS:
BMGf: A New User's Guide
Hitchiker's Guide to BMGf
The Games Directory
The Bulbagarden Mentor Program
A Guide to Proper Posting Etiquette

Here is a list of F&G STAFF MEMBERS so that you may contact them if a problem arises:
Ghost
Rayne
Mintaka
Kakuna Matata
Parmalee
Neltharion S. Deathwing
Synthesis

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, finally up I see.

Second post! I win forever!

Morning Abba =) *sneezes* Darn these flowers in the garden!

Afternoon for me. It's 3:10-ish PM here.

I didn't think I was going to be on the first page at all.

Then have yourself some soda, or hot chocolate, or something else.

Now that Tea in the Garden is now up... well, shall we relax and have fun?

Go for it, play around and enjoy yourselves =)

I gotta go for a bit though, so you guys have fun ^_^

Right people, see that corner in the Garden, that is my place.

*Walks over and relaxes on a deck chair with a cup of tea*

Ahhh, I've been waiting for this! Jolly good day to you all!

Oh hai, is a new thread what I see? :D

Guess I don't need to hold in my randomness like yesterday 8-3

Though I might go soon, it's my parent's 18th wedding anniversary, and they want me to be downstairs a lot.

Oh hai, is a new thread what I see? :D

Guess I don't need to hold in my randomness like yesterday 8-3

Though I might go soon, it's my parent's 18th wedding anniversary, and they want me to be downstairs a lot.

Well, hopefully, have fun!

Today's my birthday, coincidentally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom