• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Tea-Infused Simple Syrup Recipe from The Republic of Tea

Rose_et_Reine

Child of God. Annointed.
Reaction score
Hey, folks!

I had been meaning to try this recipe, and I finally managed to concoct it today. It's from The Republic of Tea. This is a syrup recipe that you can use to add to your beverages or food.

Tea-Infused Simple Syrup Recipe​

Ingredients:

1 cup water
4 Republic of Tea tea bags (select your favorite)(1)
1 cup sugar

How to Make:

1) On stove top, heat water to boiling in a saucepan. Remove from heat, add tea bags and infuse for 5 minutes.

2) Remove tea bags. Return saucepan to stove top and bring to a slow boil. Add in sugar, stirring constantly until sugar is completely dissolved, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.

3) Simple syrup can be stored in a sealed glass container and refrigerated for up to 1 month.

Serving Suggestions

Add to lemonade, sparkling water or spoon over vanilla ice cream for a special treat.

So, what did I think of it? Well I didn't like it. I thought it would texture like maple syrup, but it didn't. It's just water and sugar to me. I think that the one cup of sugar doesn't help. Perhaps half a cup, instead? I think doing it like that, would bring out the flavor of the tea of your choice the most.

(1) I used their Be Well Red Tea called get relaxed No. 14 for Relieving Stress, which you can find here. It has damask rose and lavender, and it's one of my favorites.
Source: Tea-Infused Simple Syrup Recipe

I haven't made this before, but, I have made a basic simple syrup before (you can use it to make rock candy if you strengthen it even more).
I'd suggest actually doubling the amount of sugar, as I'm used to simple syrup recipes being a 2:1 sugar to water ratio. If you want the tea flavor to be stronger, it basically goes without saying but steep it longer (not really sure why they say infuse, it's the same thing, guess infuse just sounds fancier than steep or "Let the bags sit there for").
4 tea bags in a single cup of boiled water seems REALLY wasteful to me though. For that small an amount, you could get the same result with 1 or 2 and a longer steep time.
Basically, I'd rewrite it as:
1c Water
2c Sugar
2 Tea Bags

Boil Water, remove from heat, steep for half an hour+
Remove tea bags, return to a boil.
Stir while slowly adding sugar, continue stirring until all sugar has dissolved.
Store in airtight container, refrigerate unless canned/jarred with seal.
It's a syrup so it'll definitely be sweet, but it might be good.
Adding it to lemonade sounds dicey to me though, most lemonades people have are powder mixes, or otherwise already sweetened. I'd only do that if it was homemade, just squeezed lemons and water, use that syrup as the sweetener, but I'm not a fan of super sweet.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom