• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Tea

Lugnut

Johto!
Reaction score
ITT we discuss nature's gift to humans: Tea! :lick:
What are you favorites? When do you drink it? How do you like it prepared?
Feel free to share any good tea-food combos or ways you use tea to cook!

For me, I always start the day with Earl Grey. Its been that way for years, so its kind of a tradition. I also like to have a cup of PG tips with a splash of milk in the afternoon. It helos keep me going and really makes me focus on any homework I'm doing. Last I usually finish the day with a cup of something herbal/caffine free. Its really calming for the senses and gets me ready for bed.

I'm a HUGEEEEE tea drinker.

I like Chinese teas like Jasmine but I also like chrysanthemum too.
I prefer red and green teas over black teas.

I like really fruity aroma'd teas or really flowery ones. Pomegranate and sangria and tea = HEAVEN!

I LOVE tea! My favorite tea to drink with breakfast is Irish Breakfast tea. It's strong, and perfect for the morning. For the afternoon, I like drinking French Vanilla tea, or cinnamon. I always put milk, sugar and a bit of honey in it. I like it sweet :)

Personally i prefer English tea such as Earl Grey.

I don't drink tea as much as I used to, but I still love it. I generally prefer herbal teas over caffeinated ones. Sleepytime is my favorite kind, and I love it with some honey. It's great.

As for iced tea, I am in LOVE with Snapple's Peach Tea. That stuff is just so delicious. It's probably my number one drink of choice.

Last edited:
Hot cups of tea for everyone could bring world peace I say. I'm particular about how I take my tea, it has to have milk (not skim milk, which makes you bleed from your eyes) and no sugar or extra flavourings. Also it has to be served in the biggest cup available (then it stays hot longer, and more importantly there's more of it).
I like my green tea on it's own or with a bit of lemon.
South American mate is also awesome, but I can never find it.

Tea is wonderful <3

I love white teas and oolong teas the most, and I used to work at Teavana so I have a decent knowledge of a bunch of different kinds. My friends come to me if they want tea suggestions. :D

I brew my own iced tea using just plain ol' orange pekoe teabags, honey, and lemon.

Loose leaf tea really makes a difference. It's really expensive, sure, but there is a taste AND quality difference. And there's all different kinds you can get too. <3

But for favorite teas? Six Summits Oolong, and the Snow Geisha White teas from Teavana. Just....don't let them upsell you :| They can get very obnoxious when selling. But the tea is fantastic.

I love fruity iced teas like raspberry, blackberry, and strawberry. My favorite hot teas are herbal teas such as peppermint and chamomille (sometimes lemon too). Whenever I'm sick in the winter, a hot cup of peppermint tea instantly makes me feel better. :)

I prefer tea over coffee.

Adding honey to tea makes it a tiny bit sweeter in my case, but it's consumed without sweeteners most of the time. I prefer green tea, chamomile tea and sassafras tea for regular consumption.

SPECIAL CONSUMPTIONS:

-Honey lemon tea - Earned the special tag because the lemon opens up your chest and makes you more vulnerable to the cold. Your mileage will vary, though.

-Senna tea - Less of a tea and more of a laxative tea. If you ever have to drink this tea, just stay home. :3

I love iced tea, but I always like to start my mornings with a nice cup of English Breakfast. Green tea or Chai can be a warm treat on a cold day as well.

Oh, I forgot Chai tea! I love spiced Chai tea mixed with some warm milk.

TEA ♥.

I love tea, and I don't really venture in this section often - just saw that 'tea' had popped up and I wanted to comment. ;} Tea is an extremely gorgeous drink, although I'd usually drink something that's more readily available to me, such as water or lemonade, as I usually don't bother with making myself a cup. If anyone else in my house is making some drink using the kettle, I'll usually ask for a cup of tea, but I do make myself and some others tea sometimes. I have a good splash of milk in and sometimes a teaspoon of sugar if it's a bit on the bleh-y side, but otherwise I enjoy tea a lot. I only actually started drinking tea a few months ago, but I find that I enjoy it a lot, especially if I'm feeling a bit ill or if I'm unwinding - tea is great when you're reading.

It's strange how I've suddenly started to love tea - I think my brother's girlfriend (who is so obsessed with tea) played a major part in the conversion, and now I do love it a lot. I remember one year in a Home Economics class we were allowed to make tea, so I made myself some as all the other kids were doing it, and I could barely finish the stuff because I thought it was so vile - it could have been the teabag, I supposed, but it was probably one of the first times I had tried tea and I guess that put me off drinking the stuff for a while. I'd always denied a cup of tea if I was offered one, but now I just gladly accept them.

As for types of tea, I believe that we drink Barry's (not sure if anyone would know that brand), but otherwise I'm not entirely sure. I don't actually check the boxes, I just dip the stuff in and drink it when it's ready. Oh, and some flavoured teas are quite nice - I remember we had a box full of differently-flavoured teabags, and my brother drained the whole supply with his girlfriend, but I did have a few. Some of the fruit teas off of the top of my head are quite nice to drink, although since we don't have any left I don't actually drink them any more. Herbal tea, mint tea and chamomile tea are rather good too, although I don't really drink them as much as I'd just drink the "normal" kind of tea, and they're not as good in my opinion.

Quick Irish lesson: "A cup of tea" roughly translates as "cupan tae". Isn't that interesting?

I like Earl Grey with honey. That's all I need. A hot cup of that. At any time of the year. At any time of the day, even, and I will be content.

Bad experience as a child makes me gag when I even smell tea. So I prefer my water straight up, no tea added.

Tea leaves > tea bags

I drink mostly green tea. I prefer a brew in low temperature water so the water is slightly greenish in color.

But I also like Oolong.

By the way, the worst tea I ever had is tea from Charleston Tea Plantation. It is very, very bitter and not much else.

Ice water works well too ;)

When one of my friends comes over for tea, she will often just take a cup of hot water with a slice of lemon in it and a little honey. She says that she is used to only having tea when shes sick, so it brings up bad memories...

I noticed lots of people here (and various other places) like camomile. I have to admit, it is the only type of tea that I dislike. Its something about the smell...

I love tea, but don't drink too often (only for my quick, late night caffeine fix/cafe or coffeehouse trips).
I really enjoy loose-leaf teas over tea bag, but it's a hassle to make, unfortunately.
But I do like watered down matcha tea with milk and honey. It's quick to make, and it warms me up <3 .

But my guilty pleasure is Bubble Tea. So bad for you (nowadays I order without the bubbles), but the sweet creaminess of it is soooo good.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom