• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Teach Larvitar Dragon Claw

empoleon dynamite

Reaction score
does anyone know how i can get a larvitar to know dragon claw?

im sure i could somehow chain breed.

ps: i already used the tm on a female flygon.

Well bully for you!

Wait.. Let me see...
A nope. Larvitar can not learn dragon claw. Sorry.
You CAN however get it to learn outrage.
1. Get male dragonite with outrage.
2. Breed dragonite with female charmander or its evo's.
3. Hatch a male charmander. It will know outrage.
4. Breed male charmander with outrage with female larvitar or its evos.
5. Hatch your larvitar with outrage!!!

That is, if you want it. I like working these chain breeding things out! : )

I agree, Outrage is a good Dragon move. Physical, too. You might want some Persim Berries, though, to cure the confusion that results.

If you get a male Charizard, though, it's in its level-up moveset, so you can just breed a Charizard with the move (you'll have to Heart Scale it) to anyone who can learn it in its base form (Totodile's a good choice). However, Larvitar can't learn it... Tyranitar can by TM, though, so if you need the TM, I have a few extras that I'd be willing to give up for another TM in return. X-scissor, perhaps?

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom