• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Team Advice Thread

This is my first competitive team ever, what I say is based on the few games I have done on a simulator...

196.png

Espeon (F) @ Light Clay
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Timid Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Baton Pass
- Psychic

Espeon is one of my favorite Pokemon, this set-up allows her to place dual screens while bouncing back entry hazards. Baton Pass is to get out of Pursuit users like Tyranitar and Scizor.

534.png

Conkeldurr (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 SAtk
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Stone Edge
- Payback

Although Conkeldurr is outclassed by Pokemon like Mega Heracross or Lucario, I chose Conkeldurr because it is my number one favorite Pokemon. I have been debating on whether to use this set or leftovers and trading mach punch for bulk up. This set gives him more bulk which I like.

658.png

Greninja (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Atk
Hasty Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SAtk / 30 Spd
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse
- U-turn

My special attacker. Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, and Dark Pulse for coverage against many types. U-turn to keep up momentum and switch out of threats like Ferrothorn or Scizor.

149.png

Dragonite (F) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
- Outrage
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Thunder Punch

Once again just another of my favorite Pokemon. Just go out there and throw a hissy fit! Seriously, Outrage is my go to with the lum berry. Dragon Dance to set-up and EQ and Thunder Punch for coverage.

135.png

Jolteon (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball

I thought Jolteon fit into my team. I don't really know what to say, Jolteon and Scizor I am still working on.

212.png

url]

Scizor (M) @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 12 Atk / 244 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- X-Scissor

I thought I needed a Mega and Mega Scizor gives him a lot more bulk allowing a Swords Dance set-up.

^

there's no reason conkeldurr should have satk evs—assuming that's a typo? i think your team suffers from a lack of hazards. i know what espeon does, but it seems like you probably want something a little more reliable in setting up rocks. unfortunately, there's a noticeable dearth of sr setters in bw2, so i guess i can't really blame you for that. scizor should probably have bug bite because it's stronger with technician unless it was buffed and i didn't notice. i really like the idea of dragonite + dual screens in this metagame, but i have only one suggestion: weakness policy. weakness policy gives +2 atk +2 satk to dragonite when it's hit by a super-effective move: dual screens and multiscale combined means that dragonite is more than capable of taking a hit even if it's super-effective, and when it's at +3 atk +1 spd, not much is going to stop it. use fire punch over thunderpunch btw: thunderpunch doesn't hit anything that's very important. however, a problem with this is that you no longer really have much that stops rotom-w, so use weakness policy at your own discretion.

i would use naive greninja so as to give genesect +atk and be more resilient against priority like aegis sneak and scizor bullet punch. rest is fine, i guess. i'm not sure what jolteon does that rotom-w wouldn't do better, but there's nothing really wrong with it. conk seems out of place – i'm aware it's a pivot of sorts, but it's slow, has no real way of gaining momentum, doesn't pose a serious threat to the opponent's team, and has no reliable recovery. i'd recommend replacing it with something, though i don't know what. blaziken might work? fire blast | protect | hjk | hidden power ice @ life orb breaks down what you need to break down (skarmory, bulky grounds), and fire blast lets you avoid the -2 from aegislash's king's shield. using something to handle rotom-w in that position might also be a good idea, so check out viable checks or counters to that. i think you have a pretty solid team overall though.

Need some help on what to fill the remaining 2 slots with.
Here's what I have so far:

Greninja@King's Rock
Adamant
252 Atk/92 Def/80 SDef/48 HP/36 Spe
Protean
Rock Slide
U-Turn
Aerial Ace
Water Shuriken

My lead and scout. Yes, I know Greninja is usually run as a special sweeper. I prefer priority moves with a 20-40% flinch chance.

Ditto@Choice Scarf
252 HP/252 Def/4 Sdef
Irrelevant Nature(Except for breeding)
Perfect HP and Satk IVs
Impostor
Transform
-
-
-

My main breeding poke. If you can't figure out how I use this thing, you're very sad.

Kingdra@Assault Vest/Safety Goggles/Weakness Policy(Not sure which one)
252 Satk/252 Spe/4 HP/2 Sdef
+Satk,-Sdef(Not sure what it's called)
Sniper
Surf
Ice Beam
Flash Cannon
D-Pulse

Main Special attacker. Unsure about the item, and I'm willing to be very flexible with this poke.

Blaziken@Mega Stone
Adamant
252 Atk/252 Spe/6 HP
Speed Boost
Protect
Blaze Kick
P-Up Punch(Placeholder until I can get something better.)
Aerial Ace(Also a placeholder.)

Standard blaziken. Protect and Mega first turn, then alternate between Kick and Protect unless type effectiveness.

Not sure what to put for rest of my team. I considered Tentacruel, although Carbink would work well too.

Well, I'm not too muchuva competitive pokeman master but I'd suggest, I'd suggest maybe a ground type and some fancy combo whatever. .-. If you just wanna wreck the game and maybe some link battles grab a fairy check, a dragon check, and a aegislash check. I'm no more knowledgeable than anyone here but why a kingdra? Steel for a fairy, but the fairies might not give a... Care, and dragon for the dragons who might have the advantage too. But if you're set on the kingdra, which is by all means an eloquent and beautiful creature, maybe a tyrantrium? Togekiss? @AnybodyAgrees

So after recently beating the game, I've been bredding and stuff to get a competitive Wi-Fi team together, but I'm a little stuck on choosing a 6th Pokemon, here's what I had in mind for the other 5.

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sacred Sword
- Shadow Sneak
- King's Shield

Hydreigon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Dark Pulse

Roserade @ Black Sludge
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SDef
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Toxic Spikes
- Sludge Bomb
- Rest

Rotom-Wash @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will O Wisp
- Thunderbolt

Tyranitar @ Focus Sash
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SAtk
Hasty Nature
-Stealth Rock
-Stone Edge
-Crunch
-Ice Beam

I have no idea what I want to use as my 6th. I have two Special attackers, a bulky Physical one who can set up (Aegislash) and Tyranitar can do Physical if he survives getting rocks up, do I add another Physical one? Should I consider some kind of wall or support pokemon?

So after recently beating the game, I've been bredding and stuff to get a competitive Wi-Fi team together, but I'm a little stuck on choosing a 6th Pokemon, here's what I had in mind for the other 5.

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sacred Sword
- Shadow Sneak
- King's Shield

Hydreigon @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Dark Pulse

Roserade @ Black Sludge
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SDef
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Toxic Spikes
- Sludge Bomb
- Rest

Rotom-Wash @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will O Wisp
- Thunderbolt

Tyranitar @ Focus Sash
Ability: Sand Stream
Hasty Nature
-Stealth Rock
-Stone Edge
-Crunch
-Ice Beam

I have no idea what I want to use as my 6th. I have two Special attackers, a bulky Physical one who can set up (Aegislash) and Tyranitar can do Physical if he survives getting rocks up, do I add another Physical one? Should I consider some kind of wall or support pokemon?

i think you should give roserade 252hp/252spD/4def
also you should get a special defensive SubCurse trevanant over roserade
also you can finish the fire, grass and water core, by using a fire type in the 6th slot
and you don't have a mega slot so maybe charizard X, just watch out for stealth rocks
you can also replace tyraintar for fortress who can supply rapid spin support for charizard, and charizard is open for taking fire moves that fortress doesn't like

Hope this helps

MCharizard X works. Also, I'd recommend investing in bulk over offense on Tyranitar, and using Mixed Pivot Aegislash over Stance Dance Aegislash because Stance Dance is so predictable and easy to play around and in general it doesn't use the min to its full potential.

Chesnaught:
Ability: Overgrow
Moves:
Pain Split
Seed Bomb
Spiky Sheild
Hammer Arm

Talonflame:
Ability: Flame Body
Moves:
Acrobatics
Fly
Roost
Flamethrower

Blastoise/ Mega Blastoise:
Ability: Torrent/Mega Launcher
Item: Blastoiseite
Moves:
Surf
Hydro Pump
Ice Beam
Strenght

Tyrantrum:
Ability: Strong Jaw
Moves:
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Dragon Claw
Crunch

Pangoro:
Ability: Iron Fist
Moves:
Hammer Arm
Power Up Punch
Crunch
Taunt

Sylveon:
Ability: Cute Charm
Moves:
Draining Kiss
Moonblast
Light Screen
Shadow Ball

Help, please!

I've kinda been giving up on this game because I am so bad at it...could someone see if they can help fix my team?

Carbink @ Light Clay
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SDef
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Explosion

I usually lead with Carbink unless I see an Espeon on the opponents team. Carbink I use now instead of Espeon in order to set-up stealth rocks along with Reflect and Light Screen. Giving him some bulk along with sturdy in hopes of at least being able to set up Rocks and one Screen.

Lucario (M) @ Lucarionite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Extreme Speed
- Crunch

Lucario is my Mega Pokemon. I tend to keep him until later in the battle in hopes of sweeping with Extreme Speed. If I see the opportunity I will switch in for a swords dance and then try to sweep.

Dragonite (M) @ Weakness Policy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw

I said in my first advice post that Dragonite is one of my favorite Pokemon. I am now using weakness policy with hopes of getting a boosted attack. Dragon Claw for STAB, EQ and Fire Punch for coverage. I think this is a pretty standard Dragonite.

Gliscor (F) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 248 Def / 16 Spd
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Protect
- Toxic
- Earthquake

I like to use Gliscor to cover Aegislash as well as stall when need be.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 200 Def / 60 SAtk
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Discharge

Volt Switch to keep up momentum. Discharge to deal with Gyarados and hydro pump to take out ground types.

Gengar @ Choice Scarf
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb

I use Gengar as a sweeper as well as a trick on my opponent making it harder to guess which Pokemon I am going to Mega Evolve. This is mainly a revenge killer using Dazzling Gleam to deal with dark types, as well as other type moves to deal with almost all of Gengar's weaknesses.

This is my first competitive team ever, what I say is based on the few games I have done on a simulator...

196.png

Espeon (F) @ Light Clay
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Timid Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Baton Pass
- Psychic

Espeon is one of my favorite Pokemon, this set-up allows her to place dual screens while bouncing back entry hazards. Baton Pass is to get out of Pursuit users like Tyranitar and Scizor.

534.png

Conkeldurr (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 SAtk
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Stone Edge
- Payback

Although Conkeldurr is outclassed by Pokemon like Mega Heracross or Lucario, I chose Conkeldurr because it is my number one favorite Pokemon. I have been debating on whether to use this set or leftovers and trading mach punch for bulk up. This set gives him more bulk which I like.

658.png

Greninja (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Atk
Hasty Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SAtk / 30 Spd
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse
- U-turn

My special attacker. Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, and Dark Pulse for coverage against many types. U-turn to keep up momentum and switch out of threats like Ferrothorn or Scizor.

149.png

Dragonite (F) @ Lum Berry
- Outrage
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Thunder Punch

Once again just another of my favorite Pokemon. Just go out there and throw a hissy fit! Seriously, Outrage is my go to with the lum berry. Dragon Dance to set-up and EQ and Thunder Punch for coverage.

135.png

Jolteon (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball

I thought Jolteon fit into my team. I don't really know what to say, Jolteon and Scizor I am still working on.

212.png

url]

Scizor (M) @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 12 Atk / 244 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- X-Scissor

I thought I needed a Mega and Mega Scizor gives him a lot more bulk allowing a Swords Dance set-up.

Give greninja another sp.attack, or a physical one.

Greninja goes in, wreaks shit, then dies.

Allright, here goes.

So i've been breeding and battling competitevly with my Pokemon Y.
Please note that all pokemon have outstanding 3 or 4 IV's as the judge says :)

So far my team is.

Gliscor
Impish Nature, Poison Heal ability
252 Def, 252 Sp. Def, 4HP
-Toxic
-Feint Attack
-Guillotine
-Acrobatics

Venusaur @ Venurasite
Chlorophyl ability, Bold Nature
252Def, 252Sp. Def, 4HP
-Sleep Powder
-Giga Drain
-Petal Dance
-Other grass move i forgot

(black) Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Sassy Nature, Blaze ability
252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4Sp. Attack
-Flare Blitz
-Flamethrower
-Fiery Breath
-Fly
The reason i've bred a black Charizard is quite simple, with his mega evolution Y, to somebody who isn't paying attention they will think it's actually a Dragon type like in X.
I allready had a few people using Ice Beam on him :D
It's also my all-time favorite Pokemon.

Greninja
Protean Ability, Timid Nature
252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 Sp. Attack
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Night Slash
-Extrasensory

So far I've won a couple of wi-fi battles and lost a couple, atm i'm using Venusaur, Greninja, Charizard.
Venusaur is a good tank, greninja and Charizard as two sweepers.
But atm i'm looking to improve my team, Gliscor can also be used as a tank, and that was my first plan but I believe or think that Venusaur is superior in this.
Especially with Mega Charizard's drought.
Greninja is has coverage for pretty much Ground, fire, Dragon, flying Ghost, fighting.

Now I don't know, i'm feeling i'm still loosing too much, and my plan is to go ranked.
i've been thinking to use Larvitar as a tank? is this a good choice instead of Venusaur and/of Gliscor?

any tips of you guys?

Sorry, but your sets just aren't very good. Are you new? If so, welcome to the community! It was a great idea to come here for help. I've standardized your sets a little bit and tried to make them easy to use. Some of them will require re-breeding but that's pretty easy in X and Y. I have modified them from the standard Smogon sets a little, mostly adding Sludge Bomb and U-Turn over HP Fire on Venusaur and Greninja so as to ease breeding for you. When playing, you should try to get up 2+ layers of Spikes with Greninja and then bring in Charizard when it dies, MegaEvolve, and use Flame Charge if you think they will switch or the appropriate move if you think they'll stay in. You can then soften up the opponent' steam with Charizard, possibly sweeping, and bring Venusaur in to clean up afterwards - Growth gives a +2 boost to Special Attack (and Attack, but that doesn't matter) under the Sun and Chlorophyll doubles your Speed, making it hard for opponents to handle you once you've softened them with Charizard. If it looks like they have a good Greninja counter on their team, such as something with Taunt like Sableye, lead with Charizard and use the same strategy as before, but with Gliscor in the wings to soften up foes as well as you won't have residual Spikes damage, meaning that you will need to work harder for Venusaur to sweep.

Gliscor@Toxic Orb
244 HP/248 Def/16 Speed
-Earthquake
-Taunt
-U-Turn
-Roost

Venusaur@Life Orb
Chlorophyll ability, Timid Nature
72 HP/4 Def/252 Sp Atk/180 Speed
-Sleep Powder
-Giga Drain
Growth
-Sludge Bomb

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Timid Nature, Blaze ability
4 Def/252 Sp Atk/252 Speed
[/b]-Fire Blast
-Solar Beam
-Focus Blast/Dragon Pulse
-Flame Charge

Greninja@Focus Sash
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Spikes
-U-Turn

Sorry, but your sets just aren't very good. Are you new? If so, welcome to the community! It was a great idea to come here for help. I've standardized your sets a little bit and tried to make them easy to use. Some of them will require re-breeding but that's pretty easy in X and Y. I have modified them from the standard Smogon sets a little, mostly adding Sludge Bomb and U-Turn over HP Fire on Venusaur and Greninja so as to ease breeding for you. When playing, you should try to get up 2+ layers of Spikes with Greninja and then bring in Charizard when it dies, MegaEvolve, and use Flame Charge if you think they will switch or the appropriate move if you think they'll stay in. You can then soften up the opponent' steam with Charizard, possibly sweeping, and bring Venusaur in to clean up afterwards - Growth gives a +2 boost to Special Attack (and Attack, but that doesn't matter) under the Sun and Chlorophyll doubles your Speed, making it hard for opponents to handle you once you've softened them with Charizard. If it looks like they have a good Greninja counter on their team, such as something with Taunt like Sableye, lead with Charizard and use the same strategy as before, but with Gliscor in the wings to soften up foes as well as you won't have residual Spikes damage, meaning that you will need to work harder for Venusaur to sweep.

Gliscor@Toxic Orb
244 HP/248 Def/16 Speed
-Earthquake
-Taunt
-U-Turn
-Roost

Venusaur@Life Orb
Chlorophyll ability, Timid Nature
72 HP/4 Def/252 Sp Atk/180 Speed
-Sleep Powder
-Giga Drain
Growth
-Sludge Bomb

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Timid Nature, Blaze ability
[/b]-Fire Blast
-Solar Beam
-Focus Blast/Dragon Pulse
-Flame Charge

Greninja@Focus Sash
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Spikes
-U-Turn

Yeah i'm new to the forums.

So I take it Venusaur is a good idea to go for tank? or should i go for tyrantir? or is Gliscor a better idea?
Breeding i don't have a problem with but isn't there any way to keep using the black charizard??
But in any way i was thinking of introducing Aegislash as my new sweeper....?

I'm so full of idea's but I don't know how to EV train the pokemon or I don't know.....

Venusaur should be a sweeper unless it is going Mega, but you seem to want to use Charizard as your Mega. The black thing doesn't actually matter because once you go Rated, nobody will be fooled even a little bit. Tyranitar is used to set up Stealth Rock or as a Special Tank, typically. You could certainly use him if you want. Aegislash has a number of viable sets, my personal favorite being Mixed Pivot but others favor Stance Dance or Special Autotomize.

Venusaur should be a sweeper unless it is going Mega, but you seem to want to use Charizard as your Mega. The black thing doesn't actually matter because once you go Rated, nobody will be fooled even a little bit. Tyranitar is used to set up Stealth Rock or as a Special Tank, typically. You could certainly use him if you want. Aegislash has a number of viable sets, my personal favorite being Mixed Pivot but others favor Stance Dance or Special Autotomize.

Charizard is my all time favorite pokemon sure.

But I wan't to become a competitive battler, so basiclly that's what comes now at first place :)

i've been having a bit of trouble with this team for a while – i think my most severe qualm with it is that it flat-out loses to mega gyarados, but other things like garchomp tend to cause it grief as well.

Garchomp (F) @ Yache Berry
Trait: Rough Skin
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Stealth Rock
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

Genesect (?) @ Life Orb
Trait: Download
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Shift Gear
- Iron Head
- Blaze Kick
- Extreme Speed (maybe IB to deal with annoying landorus?)

Thundurus-I (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Rotom-W (?) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split

Kangashkan (F) @ Kangaskhanite
Trait: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Power-Up Punch
- Frustration
- Crunch
- Sucker Punch

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Spd / 184 SAtk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Roost
- Thunder Wave

idk it sucks lol, if someone could help me that would be great
yeah it's pokebank ou and i'm lame for not just doing conventional ou sorry!!'
EDIT KANGASKHANITE IS BANNED THANK THE BASED LORD

Last edited:

But I wan't to become a competitive battler, so basiclly that's what comes now at first place :)

Both Charizard and ?Venusaur are good Pokemon, you just have to choose only 1 of them to be your mega.

Both Charizard and ?Venusaur are good Pokemon, you just have to choose only 1 of them to be your mega.

Allright, i'll stay with charizard then.
Breeding a timid bulbasaur atm, and your previous post about Aegislash gave me a idea.

Aegislash@Life Orb
Stance Change
4 HP/252 Atk/252 Sp Atk
Brave/Quiet
-Sacred Sword
-Shadow Sneak
-Iron Head/Flash Cannon
-Shadow Ball

So i've bred a brave Honedge, now EV training him and then level him up.

So I was thinking of using Venusaur, Aegislash, Charizard.
Bring in Venusaur first, sleep powder on the first pkmn.
switch with aegislash, swords dance x 2 and watch the magic happen.
Or open up with charizard, mega evolve, battle until he faints, bring in venusaur so he can benefit from his drought.
Sleep powder, change to aegislash, swords dance x 2....

Breeding a timid bulbasaur atm, and your previous post about Aegislash gave me a idea.

Aegislash@Life Orb
Stance Change
4 HP/252 Atk/252 Sp Atk
Brave/Quiet
-Sacred Sword
-Shadow Sneak
-Iron Head/Flash Cannon
-Shadow Ball

Or open up with charizard, mega evolve, battle until he faints, bring in venusaur so he can benefit from his drought.

Yup, that is the 'Mixed Pivot'. I'd go with Brave to maximize damage on Shadow Sneak and Iron Head to abuse that Nature and because most Fairies are weak in the Defense department but bulky on the Special side. Although, your strategy will be hard to use when Aegislash doesn't even know Swords Dance. :p In my opinion you should in general lead with Charizard so as to get Sun up, then go out to Venusaur or Aegislash as appropriate.

Aegislash@Life Orb
Stance Change
4 HP/252 Atk/252 Sp Atk
Brave/Quiet
-Sacred Sword
-Shadow Sneak
-Iron Head/Flash Cannon
-Shadow Ball

Yup, that is the 'Mixed Pivot'. I'd go with Brave to maximize damage on Shadow Sneak and Iron Head to abuse that Nature and because most Fairies are weak in the Defense department but bulky on the Special side. Although, your strategy will be hard to use when Aegislash doesn't even know Swords Dance. :p In my opinion you should in general lead with Charizard so as to get Sun up, then go out to Venusaur or Aegislash as appropriate.

The problem is that charizard's drought dissapears after 2 or 3 turns....no?
It's gone pretty fast i believe...

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom