• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Team Aqua and Magma

Icestar649

The Rising Trainer
Reaction score
i am wondering who expects a new plan from those pititful villains i would at least like it.

As the games are remakes, I imagine that their plan will be the same as always.

Since the games are remakes, their plans should be the same (and I am okay with that) but I would like to see the teams getting more development. Making Courtney, Tabitha, Shelly and Matt have more importance in the games, like the Team Galactic commanders had in DPPt, would be a start. Make Maxie and Archie appear more, too, I want to battle them more often in the remakes. Also, speaking of Teams Magma and Aqua, I wonder if their outfits will get slight redesigns, like Team Rocket's? Those will be our first remakes without Team Rocket being present, that is kind of exciting.

Yeah, I expect/want their to be more importance to the Admins. Archer/Ariana/Proton/Petrel all did in HG/SS, so I'd hope/expect they do too.

Tabitha, Courtney, Matt and Shelly all should receive re-designs and become more prominent. I also expect/want an update for Archie and Maxie.

Since they are remakes, I assume the general plan for each of the teams will be same. Expanded upon and developed further, but I doubt it'll change drastically.

What is more interesting though, is the possibility of dividing the changes to the plot made in Emerald between the two games.

I know it's unlikely, but I'd really prefer more of the Emerald story taking place.
The box looks like they may get Megas, and Lati@s get megas so I'm hoping that's part of the story, not just handed Kyogrenite by a random NPC post game.

Hopefully, the admins are more of a presence than just being another obstacle.

Last edited:
I don't really care if the plan is the same or not, but if it is, I hope it's JUSTIFIED.
I mean, it just seems so wierd to me that a guy could be so obsessed with wanting to expand land/water, maybe give the team's a bit more back story?

The plans will probably be the same as the original games, except you battle the admins more often.

I don't know, they might pull a Platinum and make another Legendary strong-arm it's way into the spotlight to either: become a target of Team Aqua/Magma or mess up their plans.
I just know that I can't wait to wipe out Team Magma with my Emerald Groudon. =D
They never knew what hit them.

HGSS had emphasis on Admins. I'm sure their goals will be the same, but will have more important characters involved.

I hope they stay the same with more emphasis on their members other than special designs. I always like that they were a good-intentioned team that just never gave any thought to the repercussions of their actions.

I don't really care if the plan is the same or not, but if it is, I hope it's JUSTIFIED.
I mean, it just seems so wierd to me that a guy could be so obsessed with wanting to expand land/water, maybe give the team's a bit more back story?
Well more land=more expansion and more water=more resources.

I don't know, they might pull a Platinum and make another Legendary strong-arm it's way into the spotlight to either: become a target of Team Aqua/Magma or mess up their plans.
Isn't that basically Rayquaza's role in Emerald, though?

water_cycle_by_epifex-d64rx49.png

Credit: Epifex, Deviantart

Whatever it is, I hope they don't keep the lame plot of Ruby/Sapphire and instead have you fight both teams a la Emerald.

I'm also in favor of having a new plot involving them as long as it's better than the originals (which isn't hard.).

Give them a new plot. The original plot was awful. I'm sure Game Freak can come up with something good for them. I hope that you fight both teams though like in Emerald.

Well more land=more expansion and more water=more resources.
Explain in more depth.
More land provides more territory to build upon forging new places to visit and see for the expansion of humanity's endeavors, while more water gives more room for fish to catch and, with a purification system, more water to drink and, in some cases, more energy produced.

Basically, Team Magma is more concerned with allowing humanity to grow, while Team Aqua is more concerned with allowing humanity to last. Neither are immediately in need, but both will have a need at some point in time.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom