• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Team Aqua vs Team Magma!! Who would you support?!

Who would you support: Team Aqua or Team Magma?

• I would support Team Aqua. Or I identify more with their philosophy.

Votes: 16 26.7%
  • I would support Team Magma. Or I identify more with their philosophy.

Votes: 15 25.0%
  • I would support neither. Or I would actively try to stop both groups.

Votes: 25 41.7%
  • I actually support both ideals. Or I agree with certain elements in each.

Votes: 4 6.7%

• Total voters
As a terrestrial being, I identify more with Team Magma as more land would never hurt. Ocean already has the advantage at 70%. The only problem is that Team Magma is insane, so I would most likely try to stop them. However, since Team Aqua wants to flood the world I see them as more threatening and stopping them would be higher on my agenda than Team Magma.

Either that or I join Team Magma to destroy Team Aqua then try to find a way to expand land without fucking everything up because I still want more land because I can't swim and I fear deep water so less of it would be wonderful.

Neither, they're both just a teensy bit bat shit crazy well disguised in forward thinking, clever words and a misguided desire to do something of benefit for People or Pokemon.

Aqua are eco-terrorists. Their stated goal is help Pokemon. Magma are the polar opposites: they solely want to advance humanity. Hence we have a really fun science vs vature theme.

(I feel like the third option is kind of cheating. If you're going to ask an either or question, it's kind of pointless to put a third option that is clearly the correct one. It's like asking "would you rather have pizza or hamburgers? Or anything you want.)

But I would go with Team Magma. More Pokemon would die than what would be saved if you suddenly flooded the earth. The world is also already mostly water. Even if Team Magma wanting to blow up a volcano to make land was stupid, Team Aqua's entire goal makes little to no sense.

Team Magma because I'm Maxie-biased because their goal seems to have more sense than Aqua's.

Even if I would have to deal with a hypocritical leader who claims to don't care about Pokemon and yet have a mega Camerupt.

I wasn't going to post here but I've changed my mind.

First I want to say I do understand that this is just a game. But as someone who majored in sociology in school I can't really keep my mouth shut about how siding with either is not only morally wrong but also completely missing the point.

First team Aqua: these guys seem to think that the environment would benefit from having more water in it. Let's pretend for the sake of argument that this water comes from nowhere as opposed to from the ice caps ala global warming. This would more likely mean more salt water. All this does is favor aspects of nature that live in the ocean. This completely ignore that many Pokemon live on land. So yeah that doesn't mean they support nature it just means they support fish.

Next we have team Magma who are just as bad if not worse: they think that humanities problems can be solved by making more land. Excuses me but take a Fricken sociology class guys. We have plenty of food we could feed everyone right now if we needed to. The b issue is that we live in a capitalistic world where wealth is centralized in a few areas of the world. I suppose the pokemon world could be different then ours but if that's the case they don't need more land to grow food and allow more people to live they have p know plenty considering they have better technology then we do and A Pokemon to help them grow things.

Last edited:
I wasn't going to post here but I've changed my mind.

First I want to say I do understand that this is just a game. But as someone who majored in sociology in school I can't really keep my mouth shut about how siding with either is not only morally wrong but also completely missing the point.

First team Aqua: these guys seem to think that the environment would benefit from having more water in it. Let's pretend for the sake of argument that this water comes from nowhere as opposed to from the ice caps ala global warming. This would more likely mean more salt water. All this does is favor aspects of nature that live in the ocean. This completely ignore that many Pokemon live on land. So yeah that doesn't mean they support nature it just means they support fish.

Next we have team Magma who are just as bad if not worse: they think that humanities problems can be solved by making more land. Excuses me but take a Fricken sociology class guys. We have plenty of food we could feed everyone right now if we needed to. The b issue is that we live in a capitalistic world where wealth is centralized in a few areas of the world. I suppose the pokemon world could be different then ours but if that's the case they don't need more land to grow food and allow more people to live they have p know plenty considering they have better technology then we do and A Pokemon to help them grow things.

Dude, no-one's taking this seriously. Think of it more as if your brother or sister was going to join one of them, which one would you rather they joined. Their plans are incredibly dumb, particularly Aqua's. We're just comparing the outfits/admins/goals/philosophies.

Just because they're red doesn't mean Team Magma is like Team Flare trying to solve the world's resource problem. They want to expand the land to further human development.

Team Magma is an organization that plots to increase the landmass on the planet, effectively adding to the area upon which humanity can labor to achieve even greater evolution and development.

I doubt Maxie is one to care about income inequality so much as he is trying to push forward the technological advancements of humanity.

Neither. Both of them spent all their time researching about Ancient Pokemon, instead of taking some time with Prof. Oak to learn about human and Pokemon relationships.
Both species have evolved together over generations, so I believe that Pokemon and Humans can't survive without being mindful of each other and interacting. Sure I believe they can last without interaction but at the price of affecting the Natural Order. Some Pokemon depend on Humans and vice versa, so some Pokemon will perish as well some groups of people. Simple evolution.

Just like in RSE, they're still affecting the environment with the mentality that they're right. Disregarding the immediate and drastic change brought up by the Weather Legendaries(IF they succeeded), the Hoenn region would suffer a great unbalance in the long run.

I should clarify my main focus wasn't the whole more earth/water unbalance but Maxie's and Archie's mentality about Pokemon/human.
Focus too much on Humanity and lose compassion for Nature/Pokemon, focus too much on Pokemon and lose your humanity. Their priorities are what bothers me.

They're both insane, but if I had to choose? Magma, simply because there's more water than land.

Team Magma if I had to decide. If I had the choice though I'd have to pick 'Team Emerald' I'd be a fence sitter and say there should be a balance :p.

But Team Magma is better then Aqua due to the fact I think the humans would need more land + they could always build areas on land for water type Pokemon to enjoy, where as if Team Aqua's goals were achieved so much devastation would be brought upon on humans.

edit: woo, post 200.

If I had the choice though I'd have to pick 'Team Emerald' I'd be a fence sitter and say there should be a balance :p.
That's sort of what I'm thinking of doing when the game arrives. Start with Mudkip - water and land simultaneously - then add grass types, flying types, anything that relies on both or neither element.

Magma are the tits, though, so sign me up.

Team Aqua, because they look better than Team Magma I like water. Yup.

I'd definately go for Team Aqua. (And no... not because of the redesigned female Aqua Admin >.>)

The reason behind that is my love to Water types since Vaporeon, which was one of the first introduced Eevee evolutions.
This love to Water Type Pokémon got even worse since Generation 2 where Chinchou and Lanturn were introduced and their wonderful Water/Thunder typing was just brilliant back in the Silver/Gold/Crystal games.
This weakness went even worse in Generation 3 with this Mudkip(<3) starter where it later changes to Thunder immunity due to Water/Ground typing once it evolves(even now in Gen 6 Marshtomp and Swampert are still immune to Thunder), and even more in Generation 6... Hail Greninja and his Protean hidden ability!

I honestly don't know, both of the teams seem interesting, partially due to the fact that everyone's getting some damn personality, but I'm not exactly agreeing with either. I'm waiting to see both of them in action, which I'm really excited about, their rivalry seems to be taken up a notch, especially during that little exchange we're going to see between Matt and Tabitha in the demo. Oh, I can just imagine how that would play out from an outside perspective:

Tabitha: You compare ME, Tabitha, the next Chief Admin of Team Magma, to a Makuhita?!

Me: (Rubs chin) You know now that he mentions it you do kind of look like a Makuhita--

Both: YOU STAY OUT OF THIS!

Overall, I don't really have a full opinion on these two because I'm waiting to see what they'd be like in the actual game.

demo9.jpg

Get it? Uh? Because Makuhita is fat and Tabitha is fat too, ugh. The fat jokes begin.

Both are extremist groups, so I would support neither and instead promote a more balanced approach to the issue of sharing the planet with Pokemon.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom