Villain Event: Team Aqua's Stormy Seas
Focused on the titular Team Aqua, Team Aqua's Stormy Seas sees players taking on a series of Team Aqua Grunts, as well as the Team Aqua Admin Shelly. Players will receive Event Voucher E for completing battles in this event, which can be redeemed in the Exchange Items menu for a variety of items including 5★-Guaranteed Scout Tickets, and 5★-Guaranteed Hoenn Scout Tickets.
Unlike regular Story Events, this Villain Event does not include any lineup bonuses to increase battle rewards. There are however special bonuses for Kanto Sync Pairs, who will have increased Attack, Defense, Special Attack and Special Defence when used in missions for this event, giving them an easier time in completing stages.
Players should also note the following when playing this event:
- To participate, players must have completed Main Story Chapter 1: The More the Merrier (Normal) in single-player.
- The sync pairs that appear as opponents in battle have different capabilities than those players can actually obtain.
- The number of plays available for Daily Extreme Battle 1 are reset every day at 10:00 p.m. (PST)
- Players can only obtain the power boost for Zinnia & Rayquaza if they have already teamed up with this sync pair.
- All mission completion rewards must be claimed within three days of the mission period ending.
- When the exchange period for the vouchers obtained in this event ends, leftover Event Voucher E and Rayquaza Crystal items will be converted into coins (10 coins per voucher) and sent to each player's Present Box.
The full changelog from the Version 2.31.0 update can be read here. Below, we've summarised the most important elements from this update.
Steven arrives at the Trainer's Lodge
From March 30th at 11:00pm (PDT), a new trainer will be making their entry to the Trainer's Lodge: Steven. Players can invite him as a guest to the lodge if they've been able to team up with Steven & Metagross. Steven & Metagross will feature in Monthly Poké Fair Scout Vol. 8, which will launch in-game on March 31st at 11:00pm (PDT), and run through to April 30th at 10:59pm (PDT).
New 6★ EX Sync Pairs
A large quantity of sync pairs are now eligible to be raised to 6★ EX. Unlike with other sync pairs however, these pairs will not receive a special EX Style costume when raised to 6★ EX. The pairs which can now be raised to 6★ EX include:
- Erika & Tangela
- Lt. Surge & Raichu
- Morty & Mismagius
- Karen & Umbreon
- Zinnia & Salamence
- Bugsy & Scyther
- Clemont & Magneton
- Candice & Froslass
- Janine & Crobat
- Sophocles & Golem
- Blue & Exeggutor
- Silver & Feraligatr
- May & Wailmer
- Cynthia & Gastrodon
- N & Sigilyph
- Professor Sycamore & Bulbasaur
- Lillie & Comfey
- Marnie & Toxicroak
- Rosa & Dewott
- Raihan & Gigalith
- Lucas & Flareon
- Kris & Jolteon
- Lyra & Vaporeon
- Elesa & Joltik
- Serena & Fletchling
- Morty & Gastly
- Dawn & Wormadam
- Gloria & Thwackey