• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Team Flare Discussion/Speculation

Am I the only one rather depressed about the disparity between the leaders of team Flare and the grunts? The leaders seem to be really developed characters with a genuine idea about the world and really would do anything to change it. By contrast the grunts just seem to be lazy spoiled children that just want to do whatever they fancy while practically ignoring their underlying mission.

Am I the only one rather depressed about the disparity between the leaders of team Flare and the grunts? The leaders seem to be really developed characters with a genuine idea about the world and really would do anything to change it. By contrast the grunts just seem to be lazy spoiled children that just want to do whatever they fancy while practically ignoring their underlying mission.

100% Agreed. I know they stated that the way to get in was to pay a membership fee but you'd think that a guy like Lysandre would vet the people he wants to share a brand new beautiful world with a little more carefully!

Team Flare wasn't about achieving world peace for humans or anything like that. Lysandre figured that nobody could be happy as long as so many living things exist- so why not kill everyone else and let his chosen ones be the lucky ones? Unfortunately for him his theory was wrong in the first place.

I enjoyed Lysandre as an antagonist and I pitied him, but he and his underlings were irritatingly foolish; the grunts easily reveal important info to the player, the scientists easily reveal where the legendary is stashed, and Lysandre announces to the entire region is going to murder everyone :nono:. Why does GF have an aversion to making the antagonists competent?

And after antagonists that try to help the environment by flooding/drying the planet, create a new world of mindless zombies, steal Pokemon from their trainers to end their suffering, and now kill everyone that isn't apart of their group to avoid war over limited resources, I wonder just how GF will top themselves? :loopy:

Back
Top Bottom