• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Team Flare Discussion/Speculation

Re: Villain Team(s) Speculation

How cool would it be if it was Silver Giovanni's son who was the new leader of team rocket but with a different engender. And knew about Mewtwo and intended to use team rocket to catch him.

Then at the end Mewtwo teaches something to Silver making him re-think his ways.

I would like to see Cyrus return with some new team that still sticks to the space-themed name, like "Team Interstellar" or "Team Astral". Cyrus is the most serious of all the team leaders. He didn't spend time being a Gym Leader, feuding with other organizations, Pretending that the group was setting free pokemon, or any other hooey. Cyrus is a boss!

See what I did there?

Maybe the evil team will try to do good and improve the world, but they go about it wrong. They take people's Pokemon and Genetically alter them, making them stronger. I realize that at this point this is very similar to Cipher from Colosseum and XD, but there's more. At first it would be shown off as a "charity organization," but later they would take people's Pokemon (and wild ones) by force. The trainers would have no say in the matter. This could cause physical changes as well, possibly markings like the ones in Movie 1, or red eyes or something. And over time the changes would worsen. Suddenly, many weak Pokemon would begin to disobey their trainers (including some one of yours you get as a gift, maybe?) and slowly stronger Pokemon would begin to disobey their trainers. Team _____ would take over the minds of the Pokemon and take over the reigon with their army of mindless Zombie Pokemon. (Being a kids game, the word "Zombie" would probably not be used.) You would have to defeat large waves of genetically enhanced, stolen Pokemon to reach the leader of the team.

There could be one or two Gym Leaders seeking more powerful Pokemon that turn to the team for help. One could be the 2nd, when the only effects of Superpowering your Pokemon was increased strength. And the other could be the 6th or 7th, right before the mind merge.

As far as names go, it could have one it uses for the public (as the charity organization) and its actual name. Team Mastermind? Team Super? (It's got an S for GRAMPS!)

As for the public name, I have no idea.

So how could the Legendary Pokemon be involved? Easy. Team Super (as I will call it for now) wants to add the Legendaries to their Army and you use the other to stop them. In X, they go for Xerneas first and you have to use Yveltal to stop them (and vice versa for Y).

EDIT: In X they go for Yveltal first and you use Xerneas to stop them.

Let me know what you think PLEASE. So, umm... Yeah. Bye!

Last edited:

I think it is pretty much a given genetics will be the theme in the next generation. I'm imagining some kind of megacorp that is like your usual Pokémon research institution on the surface, but it is actually trying to achieve something by conducting unethical and illegal experiments on Pokémon. They have a good publicity and you, being one the few knowing the truth, have no proof against them. And the twist is that the professor that gave the Pokédex to the player is the actual mastermind behind them and you unwillingly helped the villain in your journey by capturing and scanning Pokémon for him/her. The plot will eventually force you to catch the version legendary and then the twist is revealed.

So how could the Legendary Pokemon be involved? Easy. Team Super (as I will call it for now) wants to add the Legendaries to their Army and you use the other to stop them. In X, they go for Xerneas first and you have to use Yveltal to stop them (and vice versa for Y).

Don't you mean in Y the go after Xerneas? after all, Yveltal is on the cover of Y while Xerneas is on X, so I can only assume you get Yveltal in Y and Xerneas in X.

Don't you mean in Y the go after Xerneas? after all, Yveltal is on the cover of Y while Xerneas is on X, so I can only assume you get Yveltal in Y and Xerneas in X.

Yeah that's what I meant. I think I just made a typo or something. I'll fix it

How cool would it be if it was Silver Giovanni's son who was the new leader of team rocket but with a different engender. And knew about Mewtwo and intended to use team rocket to catch him.

Then at the end Mewtwo teaches something to Silver making him re-think his ways.
But that is so out of character. Forget his character development, one of the first things established about Silver is that he hates TR and wants to take it down. Why would he restart it? He even hates his father, so it can't be for him!

I agree with the boy team and girl team idea. I think in X there will be a team with only girls, but their leader is a guy. In Y it will be a team of only guys, but with a female leader. I think the idea of a female evil mastermind would be awesome!

But that is so out of character. Forget his character development, one of the first things established about Silver is that he hates TR and wants to take it down. Why would he restart it? He even hates his father, so it can't be for him!

Team rocket is just a organization one that wants to reform during gold and silver but with one one to lead it. silver would be perfect as the son of giovanni they would probably accept him as a leader and do what he says no matter what it is. He could run it like how he liked same as N lead team plasma but now helps pokemon. He would make a cool anti-hero leader of team rocket.

Team rocket is just a organization one that wants to reform during gold and silver but with one one to lead it. silver would be perfect as the son of giovanni they would probably accept him as a leader and do what he says no matter what it is. He could run it like how he liked same as N lead team plasma but now helps pokemon. He would make a cool anti-hero leader of team rocket.

"I hate the weak. Pokémon, Trainers. It doesn't matter who or what. I hate to see them hanging around. That goes for Team Rocket, too. They think they are big and tough as long as they are in a group. But get them alone, and they're weak. I hate them all. You stay out of my way. You won't be an exception if you get in my way."

"Hey Team Rocket! Stop going around in groups and troubling people. You cowards! …Huh? Are you <player>? What are you doing here? No way… You think you're strong now that you look like them? That's foolish! You shouldn't wear those things!"

(To Giovanni) "You told me... you were the number one in the world! Are you gonna quit? What are you going to do now?"
"What aspect of you was number one? Gathering so many only to be defeated by a mere child!"
"I don't understand you! You don't make any sense!"
"I don't want to understand you! I will never become someone like you. A coward when you're alone and acting like a tyrant when you're in front of other cowards! I will become strong! I will become a stronger man all by myself! All by myself!"

I agree with the boy team and girl team idea. I think in X there will be a team with only girls, but their leader is a guy. In Y it will be a team of only guys, but with a female leader. I think the idea of a female evil mastermind would be awesome!
I'm not so sure on the gender teams idea. It would be interesting, but would definitely cause controversy in someway, and I would get sick of hearing them scream why they're better than the other gender.

Other than that, I think we need a team less involved with legendaries. It got old after Gen IV. We need some Rocket-style team that is trying to accomplish their goals by using actual skill instead. They should always be one step ahead, and should eventually bring everything down to a point of desperation and little hope, something no team has ever done.

I'm not so sure on the gender teams idea. It would be interesting, but would definitely cause controversy in someway, and I would get sick of hearing them scream why they're better than the other gender.

Other than that, I think we need a team less involved with legendaries. It got old after Gen IV. We need some Rocket-style team that is trying to accomplish their goals by using actual skill instead. They should always be one step ahead, and should eventually bring everything down to a point of desperation and little hope, something no team has ever done.

Team Rocket had skill??

I wouldn't like a boy team and girl team, I'd rather have an organization who works behind shadows on genetic experiments, but is not quite as obvious as Team Rocket and is way more malicious. And I hope the next villains aren't just team _____. More creativity, plz.

Last edited:

What if he had become strong. What if he had learn t something what if he had a new goal / vision. And the fact remains as long as the main character is a kid leaving home from his mum they will always be beaten by child. Every one in the game will be.

I'm not saying he will re-form team rocket and use it to steal pokemon I'm saying he could use team rocket for something else. Like how Batman reformed the mutants into an army of batmen in The Dark Knight Returns. And maybe he looses sight of this and becomes corrupt. I'm not saying it will happen i am just saying how cool it would be to re use team rocket some how instead of having all these lame one hit wonder organisations like team plasma and team aqua and team galactic.

Team Rocket had skill??

Well they did steal dozens of Pokémon, take over the most powerful company in Kanto, create Mewtwo, and make profit off of selling skulls and tails.

Team Rocket had skill??

Well they did steal dozens of Pokémon, take over the most powerful company in Kanto, create Mewtwo, and make profit off of selling skulls and tails.

My comment was just a joke, I enjoyed Team Rocket. Although I do not believe they created Mewtwo in game canon, which leaves their most successful act as taking over a company, which isn't that impressive when taking into account what some of the other villain teams have accomplished. Not to mention, like every other villain team, their whole organisation was taken down by a child, which now makes me believe that none of the teams have skill, just stupidity (just kidding, again.)

Team Rocket had skill??

My comment was just a joke, I enjoyed Team Rocket. Although I do not believe they created Mewtwo in game canon, which leaves their most successful act as taking over a company, which isn't that impressive when taking into account what some of the other villain teams have accomplished. Not to mention, like every other villain team, their whole organisation was taken down by a child, which now makes me believe that none of the teams have skill, just stupidity (just kidding, again.)

Children these days taking down evil terrorist organizations.

But I think Mewtwo was created by them in games, according to the mansion on Cinnabar. "...Mew gave birth."

Team Rocket had skill??

Children these days taking down evil terrorist organizations.

But I think Mewtwo was created by them in games, according to the mansion on Cinnabar. "...Mew gave birth."

Mew gave birth, and scientists, which I believe included Mr Fuji and Blaine, genetically altered the baby. I don't think Team Rocket was mentioned at all.

I would sob uncontrollably if Team Rocket came back.

Back
Top Bottom