• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Team Flare Discussion/Speculation

A people I know've associated houndour and houndoom with team magma too. Team Magma also used them in the anime and manga, as well as the TCG, just not ingame, that was likely just replaced by mightyena and poocheyna instead.

Zubat and it's evos are like, one of the top used for bad guy teams.

A people I know've associated houndour and houndoom with team magma too. Team Magma also used them in the anime and manga, as well as the TCG, just not ingame, that was likely just replaced by mightyena and poocheyna instead.
We're discussing the games. And Poochyena was used by Team Aqua, too, so I see no connection to Houndour.

So has Team Flare not gotten the memo that fossil restoration technology has been around for a long time now? Also, way to take one out of Team Rocket's books.

You know I read the dialogue in the image as well and it made me think what if X&Y actually take place before all the other generations, which I must really say that I hope is not the case.

Last edited:
So has Team Flare not gotten the memo that fossil restoration technology has been around for a long time now? Also, way to take one out of Team Rocket's books.

You know I read the dialogue in the image as well and it made me think what if X&Y actually take place before all the other generations, which I must really say that I hope is not the case.

Have you seen the Pokédex? It's obvious that this generation will be either a similar time to BW or after it. If it was before, the Pokédex wouldn't be more technologically advanced than all the others.

Have you seen the Pokédex? It's obvious that this generation will be either a similar time to BW or after it. If it was before, the Pokédex wouldn't be more technologically advanced than all the others.

Oh no I know :p

It's just that sometimes I tend to explain things a little unclear. What I meant to say is that had things been like that this generation I would not have really liked it at all, the thought stemming from the aforementioned image of Team Flare that had the dialogue of them talking about restoring Fossils for money which reminded me of the old baddies Team Rocket back in Mt. Moon.

While I can't hazard a guess at the intricacies of the plot, I can say with some confidence that in X, Xerneas probably comes into the picture to heal the land after some destruction Team Flare has caused in an effort to draw Xerneas out so they can catch it for whatever nefarious plan they have, while in Y, the destruction is probably to draw out Yveltal, who shows up to punish them for their crimes. And of course you foil the plan in each case.

Hostile Kangaroo;4545426 I'm thinking it will be like Ruby and Sapphire said:
I agree that it will be two teams. However, I believe that the two teams will be separated based on preference in reference to the ledgendary pokemon. One will be about controlling destruction (team flare) in Y with a male leader while the other one is about controlling life (opposing team) in X with a female leader. It would be nice to have a strong felame villan for once.

I'm thinking it will be like Ruby and Sapphire, with two villain teams. One will be all-female and one will be all-male (to go along with the chromosome theory), with the other team helping you fight their rival. If there is a third version (Pokemon Z, probably), you would probably fight them both.

I agree that it will be two teams. However, I believe that the two teams will be separated based on preference in reference to the ledgendary pokemon. One will be about controlling destruction (team flare) in Y with a male leader while the other one is about controlling life (opposing team) in X with a female leader. It would be nice to have a strong felame villan for once.

While I think there may be 2 evil teams, I think that they will not be rivals. Instead they'll actually work together at certain points in the game.

Team Flare would really just concern themselves with making money and being happy. The other team would be the one concerned about the legendaries and taking over the region business. The two teams form an alliance. If Team Flare will gather the materials necessary to bring forth the legendaries, then they will get a large sum of money. Not only that, when the other team takes over the world, they will give Team Flare free range to steal from the citizens of Kalos. The second team would be a lot smaller (like maybe only 7 members) and made up of people who are prominent figures in Kalos. So in order to keep their cover they have to use Team Flare to do their dirty work.

I haven't really been taking much interest in this thread, so I'm not sure if this was already mentioned, but I just saw this on another site and thought I'd post it here:

The Team Flare logo looks like this right

Flare_logo.png

Well could this be the logo on the wall (circled in red) in this room from the first trailer?

fireroomxycircles_zpsb64c6fb7.png

Sorry if it's already been mentioned :p

Whether that's their symbol or not, I'm 98.5% percent sure that's their building.

It probably is their building. It has enough flair and pizzazz for them

I agree that's probably their building (unless it's supposed to be a fire gym, in which case, new favorite gym right there), but yeah, those just look like fire orbs to me. I don't see any resemblance between those and the believed logo.

I don't really see the logo, but just the presence of fire tells me it's probably Flare's base. Although I would prefer that it be the Champion's room :3

After looking at it longer, consider this. In DPPt, through the chain of E4 rooms you progress on lifts. Given the very tall wall in the back, there could be some kind of lift in front of it similar to the ones in DPPt. Probably wrong, but who knows?

Last edited:
Actually thinking about it now, I don't think they would be showing screenshots of the E4's or Champion's rooms this early. Or the team base for that matter, since the team base is usually reached about close to the midway point or near the climax of the game's plot. Then again, first time for everything, bu it may just be more likely to be a gym room then.

I don't want it to be the champion's room, because I don't want the champion to be a Fire-type user :p It may be one of the Elite Four's rooms.

Champion Rooms are usually a single room far more larger and more elaborate than the E4 rooms. If that is an E4 room, then it could simply be an entrance way to Kalos' theoretical Flint clone.

However I still believe it could just be a room of a fire gym.

I'm thinking it will be like Ruby and Sapphire, with two villain teams. One will be all-female and one will be all-male (to go along with the chromosome theory), with the other team helping you fight their rival. If there is a third version (Pokemon Z, probably), you would probably fight them both.

While I think there may be 2 evil teams, I think that they will not be rivals. Instead they'll actually work together at certain points in the game.

Team Flare would really just concern themselves with making money and being happy. The other team would be the one concerned about the legendaries and taking over the region business. The two teams form an alliance. If Team Flare will gather the materials necessary to bring forth the legendaries, then they will get a large sum of money. Not only that, when the other team takes over the world, they will give Team Flare free range to steal from the citizens of Kalos. The second team would be a lot smaller (like maybe only 7 members) and made up of people who are prominent figures in Kalos. So in order to keep their cover they have to use Team Flare to do their dirty work.

Just curious, where do you get your speculations from? I mean, that spurs in a direction pokemon has never done before and even though I know they are doing a bunch of things they've never done before in this game I'd never think they'd divert that hard from their usual bad guys personas. What makes you think that?

Back
Top Bottom