• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Team Flare Discussion/Speculation

Its likely the champion room. The throne fits perfectly with the castle the E4 should be situated in, and the unintrusive door on the top left makes it seem like the entrance to the record room. Would hate for them to have another castle be the main base of the team. Give em something unique, like that lava place in the desert. We need out cliche lava base god damn it!

I'm thinking it will be like Ruby and Sapphire, with two villain teams. One will be all-female and one will be all-male (to go along with the chromosome theory), with the other team helping you fight their rival. If there is a third version (Pokemon Z, probably), you would probably fight them both.

I agree that it will be two teams. However, I believe that the two teams will be separated based on preference in reference to the ledgendary pokemon. One will be about controlling destruction (team flare) in Y with a male leader while the other one is about controlling life (opposing team) in X with a female leader. It would be nice to have a strong felame villan for once.

While I think there may be 2 evil teams, I think that they will not be rivals. Instead they'll actually work together at certain points in the game.

Team Flare would really just concern themselves with making money and being happy. The other team would be the one concerned about the legendaries and taking over the region business. The two teams form an alliance. If Team Flare will gather the materials necessary to bring forth the legendaries, then they will get a large sum of money. Not only that, when the other team takes over the world, they will give Team Flare free range to steal from the citizens of Kalos. The second team would be a lot smaller (like maybe only 7 members) and made up of people who are prominent figures in Kalos. So in order to keep their cover they have to use Team Flare to do their dirty work.

Just curious, where do you get your speculations from? I mean, that spurs in a direction pokemon has never done before and even though I know they are doing a bunch of things they've never done before in this game I'd never think they'd divert that hard from their usual bad guys personas. What makes you think that?

This post of a translated piece from a Flare Grunt seems to indicate that Team Flare (or at the very least the grunts) may be concerned more with instant gratification than trying to create a long term goal involving legendaries and region domination. People who are concerned with instant gratification are the type who will jump at any offer than will promise them what they want. So an alliance where they get a lot of money and possible free range sounds like a perfect deal for them. A smaller team who has big plans but needs to lay low would be the perfect people to make an alliance with a group who just wants money and happiness regardless of the consequences.

To answer your question about where I get my speculations from, I just make up various scenarios in my head. I like to write so I'm always coming up with theories and ideas ranging from brilliant to just crazy.

----

I've noticed around the internet some people have dissected Team Flare's name. They refer to alchemy and Fire. Fire can destroy and create. Obviously they tie into Xerneas and Yveltal being Pokemon representing life/death. This has a lot of significance. Mainly being that there probably won't be a need for two teams anyways. Going off of that and the translated text of the Flare grunt, there is a good chance that we'll end up with a villainous team who wants to reshape Kalos into a place where they can have all the money and happiness their hearts desire. The grunts are the ones who are only concerned about being rich and happy. The higher ups want to be rich, happy and whatever else (most likely having absolute power).

The grunts are happy to work for Flare because they get some of the profits of every job they perform. Not only that they are aware of their bosses true intentions. They know if they stay and the ultimate goal is achieved then they will get to have free reign over the Kalos region. I could see the leader being female and actually keeping true to her word (she doesn't try to claim everything for herself. She will let her grunts and admins have what she promised them).

My only question is how are they going to handle the legends. Will it be like in Diamond and Pearl and only the version mascot shows up? Or will it be like Black and White where the villainous team controls one and you control the version mascot?

Is it just me, or does Team Flare grunts look a lot like these guys (minus the color scheme)?
356px-XY_Team_Flare_Grunts.png

Original_Agents.jpg

I think team flare has the potential to actually be an actually evil team this time around. I think they share more in common with team rocket, with them both being willing to do anything for money. Team rocket's greed led them to do terrible things, to pokemon and people, so if team flare shares that same greed then they could be pretty bad indeed. I mean aqua/magma were pretty bad, but they were pretty stupid and immediately changed their minds when what they wanted to happen, happened. Team galactic, eh. I don't really, know? Team plasma was like weird too. No other bad team has been as "bad" as team rocket imo, and team rocket didn't even go after the legendaries, so hopefully team flare won't either.

Team Flare has a secret plan

So we know that Team Flare has a plan to make money but what if they had a secret plan like Team Plasma
they'll use the money plan has cover until there real plan is in action so your what are your idea's on this please share

Re: Team Flare has a secret plan

So we know that Team Flare has a plan to make money but what if they had a secret plan like Team Plasma
they'll use the money plan has cover until there real plan is in action so your what are your idea's on this please share

This is a nice idea. I'd rather not see a team leader who isn't philosophical and simply wants to get rich. However, while I loved Ghetsis from the original BW due to his status as a clever mastermind, I'm getting sick of evil teams who simply want to conquer or destroy the world, so let's hope Team Flare's higher-ups actually have an interesting goal.

I can see Team Flare maybe wanting to take advantage of mega stones or something? Manufacture fake mega stones to make money?

Team FlaRe needs a giant red R in their logo.
...I'm hoping for Giovanni or someone with some red Vegeta hair to be leading them.

Glad to have Admins again after Black and White didn't.

I can see these guys having a funky disco theme for some reason.

I hope that by "beautifying" the world they actually mean genetically engineer Pokemon (and people possibly, consider character customization) to be perfect or something along those lines. That might actually have room for being deep, and it also could be a real life issue since we'll one day consider the same with our own genes and personal defects. (See: designer babies)

I really hope that guy isn't the boss. He doesn't stand out from the others enough for me. He basically looks like a fat grunt.

I was hoping for someone much more flamboyant or even a female.

He's a scientist. I guess he could be the leader of the villainous team though, IDK.

I think it just said "5 scientists who are in charge," or at least something along those lines. But there still might be a higher-up (hopefully.)

It was said that the five Team Flare members are scientists, but since the dude's picture is way bigger than the others, I guess it is reasonable to think he is the leader. Honestly, I would like to see he as the leader, since I have positive feelings towards his design. Though I would love a female evil team leader, being the leader of Team Flare specifically could be a bit too stereotypical or even sexist, given that the goal of team is related to "beauty".

By the way, they all seem to have great designs, (well, except for that one girl sitting maybe) and I am glad we have "admins/commanders" back, I really missed that in Gen V games. The closest thing we had to admins was Colress in B2W2.

I hope the fat guy isn't the villainous team leader. D8 All of the villainous team leaders sans Gaycheese have been rather attractive, and if this probable Flare leader is a big fat dude, I'll be so sad.

Back
Top Bottom