• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Team Flare

ehh123

Reaction score
How do do you think Team Flair will be handled in the anime? So far, it looks like a "back to basic" approach with the team being interested in money. Maybe that means they will be more prominent than other non-Rocket teams. Who knows? Maybe Jessie and James will have a Cassidy and Butch like rivalry with some grunts.

Re: Team Flair

or maybe theyl dump team rocket after all those years of not being respected n switch sides. i dont think wel ever see butch and cassidy ever again!! o_O

I think we need more information before we jump to conclusions. It would seem redundant to have two teams doing the same thing, though.

While I'm worried about what this will mean for the games' plots, these guys should be great for the anime. Part of what what led to Aqua, Magma and Galactic's short runs and general failures, I think, was that their plots don't translate well from a relatively compact game plot to a long-running anime- basically, there's only so many ways you can spin "find/fail to find the legendary artifact that summons the legendary we can't really do anything without". I think this is part of why Hunter J was created and then linked to Galactic, to expand their plot somewhat. (Plasma had a good balance of having a directed plot for the games and freedom to act for the anime, but then shit happened, so...) TR, on the other hand, generally worked out (by which I mean serious/organizational Rocket, not the TRio's goofiness), with plenty of plots because you can apply their goals to a whole lot of things.

Firstly, @ehh123;, it's Team Flare, not Team Flair.
Secondly, I want Team Flare to at least have different hairstyles. They seem to care a lot about fashion.

I'd personally be fine with them not being in the Anime at all, and having the writers stick with Team Rocket would float my boat. Episodes featuring the Evil Teams usually aren't that exciting for me, and I'd rather they make Pokemon or COTD's the antagonists for episodes.

Well presumably Team Flare/Flair will be more involved in the games than Team Rocket were. I wouldn't mind seeing them competing with Team Rocket for money rather than whatever the **** the less sane teams wanted.

Since we really don't know that much about them, all I hope for right now is that they get better execution than Team Plasma and they appear throughout the series. I also hope they are perceived as a more serious threat than Team Rocket was.

I think Team Rocket will still be appearing most of the time, with the occasional appearance of Team Flare.

Way too soon to tell . We just learned of their existence today. Heck, I'm wondering if Gen 6 will have another villain team or two based on another element/Pokémon type since Flare is fire-themed (shades of Generation 3! (and just hope we don't get another Groudon vs Kyogre 2 parter :scared:))

It's too soon to tell at this point, especially when there's something more than just getting money hopefully. I would prefer for them to actually use the evil team throughout the series instead of one arc like they did with Team Plasma. Something like how they handled Team Galactic would be better.

While we know so little about them currently, I only hope that Team Flair is handled more properly than Team Plasma was handled, but given the fact that the writers don't know how to write villain characters well because of the Team Rocket trio being used so much and devolving to comic relief characters to an extent, it's highly unlikely they will be used often or properly, despite my constant urge for the anime to have a rotating cast of villains to have more variety with the conflict of each episode than simply Team Rocket stealing a Pokemon and Pikachu zapping them each time.

Secondly, I want Team Flare to at least have different hairstyles. They seem to care a lot about fashion.

I call them Team Flair because "flair" is French for "stylish", this is Kalos after all, so it's only natural we have French stereotypes shoehorned in. Plus a team that uses strictly Fire types would make them really boring. (not to mention fire types tend to be so rare, they would have so little variation).

Whether they appear in the anime or not, I hope the Flair/Flare-dan is well-handled, not only randomly appearing in an arc toward the end of the series.

While we know so little about them currently, I only hope that Team Flair is handled more properly than Team Plasma was handled, but given the fact that the writers don't know how to write villain characters well because of the Team Rocket trio being used so much and devolving to comic relief characters to an extent, it's highly unlikely they will be used often or properly, despite my constant urge for the anime to have a rotating cast of villains to have more variety with the conflict of each episode than simply Team Rocket stealing a Pokemon and Pikachu zapping them each time.

I call them Team Flair because "flair" is French for "stylish", this is Kalos after all, so it's only natural we have French stereotypes shoehorned in. Plus a team that uses strictly Fire types would make them really boring. (not to mention fire types tend to be so rare, they would have so little variation).
While I agree with your other points, and previously knew that "flair" was related to style, the official name is "Team Flare". "Flair" does fit better into the region's theme, though.

While I agree with your other points, and previously knew that "flair" was related to style, the official name is "Team Flare". "Flair" does fit better into the region's theme, though.

Where does it say the official name? As far as I know we just have フレア団 (furea-dan) from Corocoro, which could be spelled either Flare or Flair.

Does that mean that they will try to avoid the fasion police? anywho... having them go after money does seem a bit off comparing that all the other teams were driven by pokemon related plots

I'm not looking forward to this at all since I found Team Plasma to be a huge step down. We get the best villainous plot yet and the writers pretty much ignored it to do their own thing. The writers essentially took the most basic elements of Team Plasma from both games and threw it together into some schlock. Even looking away from the lack of representation of the game plots I think Episode N in general was just bad. If you shut off your brain and go "OMGEEEEE it's NNNNNNNNNNNNN and Colresssssssss" it's mildly entertaining, but that's about it

While we'll probably never know what direction the writers originally intended to take Team Plasma in, I'm starting to doubt it would have been entertaining. What if a standalone arc was the plan the whole time? *shudder*

Although if this talk of Team Flare being "simple" and representing a "back to the basics" means we get a more faithful adaptation, I might be able to get behind that. That costumes are stunning!

I call them Team Flair because "flair" is French for "stylish"

They also go by Team Fabulous!

I'm not looking forward to this at all since I found Team Plasma to be a huge step down. We get the best villainous plot yet and the writers pretty much ignored it to do their own thing.

Now that's a little unfair. The Seismic Disaster ruined whatever plans the creative staff initially had for TP. Also, it was downright impossible for them to work around & utilize Gen 5's timeskip. They pretty much HAD to write episode N like they did. And I for one am rather satisfied with it :)

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom