• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Team Flare

A mysterious character with Mega Blaziken appears at the very start of XY, could that be one of the Team Flare?

That would be pretty cool. It would show that Team Flare could appear throughout the series, instead of just one arc, and that they're capable of making their Pokemon Mega Evolve, which could somehow connect to their goal.

and that they're capable of making their Pokemon Mega Evolve, which could somehow connect to their goal.

Of course!

tumblr_mrcbz7n3ga1s7driso1_1280.png

tumblr_mrcbz7n3ga1s7driso2_r1_1280.png

< or they're real objective is to explain theyre not team magma (and to become the new olay people)

I hope they are actually going to succeed in some aspects. Maybe halfway through the game the boss discovers a legendary pokemon, sells it for an OUTRAGEOUS amount of money, and becomes a billionaire!

I hope they are actually going to succeed in some aspects. Maybe halfway through the game the boss discovers a legendary pokemon, sells it for an OUTRAGEOUS amount of money, and becomes a billionaire!

You would have to be a billionare to run a team like that already.

It would be hilarious if this happened between the mysterious man and TRio.

Hello my name is K, you killed my sister prepare to die.

You would have to be a billionare to run a team like that already.

It would be hilarious if this happened between the mysterious man and TRio.

Hello my name is K, you killed my sister prepare to die.

You're probably right, but it would still be nice to see a team that doesn't always bungle around stealingthe wrong things and losing at everything.

Now feels like a good time to bump :-D

And while this it late, let me say that their plan for a "beautiful world" may worse than some people think. You know what they say about the eye of their beholder. Their plan may be to replace the forests and fields with a gaudy, garish spectacle (or eyesore, depending on who you ask) of color and light in the style of Las Vegas, Time Square and the Hollywood Strip (among others), or something blank and sterile.

Last edited:
...I think we're in trouble :uhoh:

It was speculated that the producers wouldn't use Plasma's "liberation" angle even before the Seismic Disaster, with good reason. After 13 years and almost 700 episodes, they couldn't have been comfortable with people saying "Pokémon should be free!" when they'd gone out of their way to make Pokémon and their owners BFFs for Life.

Flare's ultimate goal is even worse. You can almost hear the producers saying "AHH, HELLZ NAW!!!:eek:" in unison...

Last edited:
Now that the games are out, I highly doubt they will handle Team Flare well, and even if they do handle them well, they will probably tone them down so much that it will make you seem like you're watching the 4Kids One Piece dub. I mean, just look at their master plan of using the ultimate weapon to basically wipe out all Pokemon to extinction, that just seems too dark for the anime to do, since the anime is huge on dumbing down and sugar-coating dark things, so it's obvious they will be significantly toned down regardless of how well they are handled.

I don't think there's a problem with the ancient device of life and death by itself, we've had just as bad on this show before, what with legends that can wreak natural disasters just by being awakened. The backstory behind it, though....yeah, no chance of us seeing that. There's a good chance we'll see the compromised angle likely to show up in Z or whatever alternative version they come up with, perhaps resulting in Zygarde showing up. (or else they'll take the D/P angle and just have both the X and Y legends equally power the device) The lead up to it is also something that I'm not too sure they'll handle too well. This plan was almost as well crafted as what Ghetsis did in B/W1, and we saw nothing of that. Then again, I can also see a D/P-esque setup with the heads of Flare doing their thing gathering the resources they need for their plan and THEN unleashing it. The explanation is not necessary, just that it exists. (other than beautiful world, blah blah blah) I still see the problem that I saw before, that these guys are nearly identical to TR in how over the top they are. Unless they change their personalities somewhat. It shouldn't be hard to separate them still, since their goals are different, although I find TR's goal to be kinda limited in that the Mega Evolution thing will be resolved relatively early in the scheme of things. (supposedly, they might do it differently here) Then again, their goal is also to conquer Kalos, so that will be ongoing, and they will surely get the credit for trashing Flare even though they actually did nothing. It could be interesting to see how this plays out, especially since there's no telling when we'll see Flare.

I could see hints and bits regarding AZ and the WMD/TFoY going around in the anime, and I also see TRio do all of the crimes that Flare did ( the glittering cave, the pokéball factory, and Adomisnow). I suspect that they'll do a two parter once Ash and the gang return to Geosage to meet up with the professor, only to find a giant cannon emerged right in front of them.

Though my main concern is what they'll do with the post game plot with Looker.

And let's not forget about the 3rd Version/Sequel Games having an effect on the story...

Last edited:
doubt jessie and james would join team flare. couple more years and they will be paid out their pensions:)

I still think the TRio should be ordered to infiltrate Team Flare's ranks for Giovanni.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom