• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Team Flare

It's too early for me to be judging but I cannot take Team Flare seriously right now. Those grunts are too FABULOUS to be anything but comic relief.
Okay, maybe the higher-ups can be real threats. But the grunts? The only things they'll be doing are having loser fights with Team Rocket and getting their shins kicked in by 5-year-olds.

It's too early for me to be judging but I cannot take Team Flare seriously right now. Those grunts are too FABULOUS to be anything but comic relief.
Okay, maybe the higher-ups can be real threats. But the grunts? The only things they'll be doing are having loser fights with Team Rocket and getting their shins kicked in by 5-year-olds.

That's exactly what I don't want them to be. I know nameless grunts are rarely a threat, but making TRio ver 2.0 is redundant and pointless, especially when the original TRio will most likely be around.

Team Rocket and Team Flare has a who-can-steal-most-money-from-other-people competition.
But I do not think that money is their only goal. It will probably be like Team Plasma who pretended to have a special goal and then revealed their true one.

That's exactly what I don't want them to be. I know nameless grunts are rarely a threat, but making TRio ver 2.0 is redundant and pointless, especially when the original TRio will most likely be around.

Well I rather a new team because TR did it for a lot of years so it would be refreshing to have some new people doing. Especially if TF might have a different goal other than chasing Ash and Pikachu.

Well I rather a new team because TR did it for a lot of years so it would be refreshing to have some new people doing. Especially if TF might have a different goal other than chasing Ash and Pikachu.
As one of the people who grew tired of TR's antics over the years I can say adding even more characters doing exactly the same thing is the opposite of refreshing. The whole point of adding new characters is to experiment with different things, not more of the same.
C'mon, it is not because they have a similar goal they must be bumbling fools too.

As long as they're not treated the same as Team Plasma and actually appear a fair amount of times, I'll be happy.

Exactly! Team Plasma could have been EPIC in the anime but instead they just get a small arc.

I do worry that Team Flare might get treated just as bad as Team Plasma. It all depends if the writers feel like using the team to their full potential.

Team Plasma was a step up while Team Galactic was a step down and i mean way down anime wise. Team Magma/Team Aqua were poorly handled in the anime and i do hope the writers do not make the same mistake with Team Flare like they did with Team Galactic.

The Team Plasma 6 episode anime arc was pure epic, but they should have been made them the second main team villians of the Pokemon anime, that would had been a lot more better.

As long as they're not treated the same as Team Plasma and actually appear a fair amount of times, I'll be happy.

Exactly! Team Plasma could have been EPIC in the anime but instead they just get a small arc.

I do worry that Team Flare might get treated just as bad as Team Plasma. It all depends if the writers feel like using the team to their full potential.

Team Plasma was a step up while Team Galactic was a step down and i mean way down anime wise. Team Magma/Team Aqua were poorly handled in the anime and i do hope the writers do not make the same mistake with Team Flare like they did with Team Galactic.

The Team Plasma 6 episode anime arc was pure epic, but they should have been made them the second main team villians of the Pokemon anime, that would had been a lot more better.

To tell the truth Team Galactic was handled the best in the anime, their plot follow closer to the games more so than Plasma, Aqua/Magma, and even Team Rocket.

I definitely agree that the Team Plasma arc was epic, however that awesomeness could have been spread throughout the series. Instead of having a short little arc they could have had Team Plasma appear earlier in the series.

What I liked about Team Galactic was the fact that they were shown frequently. It made it feel as if they were a looming threat in the anime.

If they can combine Team Galactic's appearances with Team Plasma's story line and characterization for Team Flare, then Team Flare will be my favorite villains in the anime.

To tell the truth Team Galactic was handled the best in the anime, their plot follow closer to the games more so than Plasma, Aqua/Magma, and even Team Rocket.

... So you're judging things solely on how closely they follow the games' plots?

Team Galactic wasn't handled all that great in the anime, their arc finale was poorly written and they barely appear at all in the anime.

Team Plasma should of have had more then 6 episodes, despite how good the arc was it did seem a little bit ovverush to me and it should of have been 8 episodes long.

Last edited:
C'mon, it is not because they have a similar goal they must be bumbling fools too.

I know, right?

TR could try to rob a bank by tunneling into it; Team Flare could pull a daring armed hold up.

Last edited:

I know, right?

TR can be the guys who try to rob a bank by tunneling into it; Team Flare could try a daring armed hold up.

All I can say is that whoever gets robbed deserved to have it happen if they have to rely on 10 year olds with stage 1 pokemon to save them which we all know will happen if a similar case ever happens in this anime.

I can't see Team Rocket going anywhere, and "making money" is a pretty vague goal that can be interpreted countless amounts of ways in the anime; even if they use Pokemon to make money, surely it'll be a different way than Team Rocket.

I hope they're handled more of the way Team Galactic was- a few episodes involving them here and there that keep their plot spread out through the series.

While I definitely agree that their initial appearance doesn't exactly give off a, um...to be taken serious role, I hope they prove wrong and have some crazy fucked up plan.

I'm pretty sure Team Flare will be making a prominent appearance in the show. They're a major component of the game's plot, after all. You guys seem to be basing everything off of the games, and you're assuming everything in the games will translate directly into the anime. This probably won't be the case, though. Team Flare will appear a lot, yes. However, let me remind you that the anime EXISTS to sell the games. This is something we're all aware of, but not taking into consideration. They're gonna do their best to make the games seem appealing through the anime, and Team Flare is gonna be one of those ways. More likely than not, their appearances will be at times similar to when they appear in the games themselves. However, taking into consideration that their appearances will span only one episode in most cases, while the anime itself takes a lot of liberties in plot, moving away from things that could possibly happen in the games... Team Flare's appearances will definitely seem few and far between.

As for the TRio, well... they seem to have it down to a basic formula.
> Ash and co. are traveling and being stupid kids
> Someone/something shows up and pushes the episode into its main plot
> TR shows up, steals Pokémon
> TR blasts off again
> Happy ending

While I definitely agree that their initial appearance doesn't exactly give off a, um...to be taken serious role, I hope they prove wrong and have some crazy fucked up plan.

Five bucks says that the professor is actually working for Team Flare they want to take over the world.

Who knows how team Flare will work out? Perhaps, with the whole DNA thing in the XY games, they might even try to make money by hurting Pokemon using the chromes. Heck, maybe their leader will be obsessed with some random teenage boy who has some strange connection to the legendary Pokemon, and chase him around the region, eventually meeting up with Ash and co. XD
Seriously, tho, I think they'll be handled just fine....maybe we'll get to meet some fashion police chasing after them? :D

Bumping in honor of revealed leaders and learning more of their plan (to make a fabulous beautiful world)

CoroCoro_October_2013_Team_Flare.jpg

I SO want to see these sassy bitches animated! :XD:

Last edited:
A mysterious character with Mega Blaziken appears at the very start of XY, could that be one of the Team Flare?

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom