• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Team Idea

UnseeingRaccoon

Trying to get back into pokemon
Reaction score
I've been thinking of putting another team together. I haven't actually made this team yet but it sounds decent on paper. Let me know what you guys think. And yes, I know there is no Mega on this team. But I just couldn't think of one that would fit right.

Galvantula@Focus Sash
Compound Eyes
Timid
252 SpAtt/252 Spe/6 HP
Thunder
Sticky Web
Volt Switch
Bug Buzz

Chandelure has only base 80 speed so it benefits from the Sticky Web. Sticky Web also allows Dragonite to run Adamant and still out speed all unboosted unscarfed base 100 speed Pokemon even before the Dragon Dance. All around a team player that is basically supposed to set up the web and Volt Switch out unless it can KO the opposing lead.

Chandelure@Choice Scarf
Flash Fire
Timid/Modest
252 SpAtt/252 Spe/6 HP
Fire Blast
Shadow Ball
HP Fighting/ HP Ice
Energy Ball

Fantastic synergy with Galvantula and Ferrothorn as this will block spinners and hit them hard with Fire Blast for the steel type spinners such as Forretress and also to hit Defog Skarm, Energy Ball for Blastoise, although you’re probably better just switching out to Dragonite after the failed rapid spin to eat up the STAB water type attack. Also good to switch in on a fire type attack meant for Ferrothorn or Galvantula.

Ferrothorn@Rocky Helmet
Iron Barbs
Impish
100 Def/158 SpDef/252 HP
Power Whip
Stealth Rock
Spikes
Leech Seed

I know there are a lot of entry hazards but they are so fun to play with. Watching your opponent have to decide whether or not he’s better off staying in on a bad match up or switch into an attack and take a lot of entry damage coupled with the fact that their switch in will probably not only get hit on the switch but out sped by the likes of Chandelure and have to take another attack before doing anything is just funny. The EV’s make this act as a mixed wall albeit a better physical one due to its item, ability, and typing.

Florges@Leftovers
Flower Veil
Calm
252 SpDef/6 Spe/252 HP
Wish
Protect
Toxic/ Moonblast
Aromatherapy

The dedicated cleric/special wall. This team does not like status and a couple of members are a bit frail, but with proper Wish support and Aromatherapy that takes care of them. Protect to benefit from its own Wishes and predict. I’m still undecided on final move; Moonblast would ensure I’m not taunt bait, but I enjoy Toxic’s stalling power (especially with the hazards up to discourage switching).

Dragonite@Red Card
Multiscale
Adamant
252 Att/252 Spe/6 HP
Dragon Claw
Extreme Speed
Roost
Dragon Dance

Everybody is running weakness policy which makes it easy to predict. I like Red Card with all the hazards up. This is meant to be a troll team and I think this Dragonite helps a lot. Not much coverage, but with enough boosts it hits like a truck. Unfortunately this set is blocked by most steel and fairy types but Chandelure and Aegislash can handle them.

Aegislash@Air Balloon
Stance Change
Brave
150 Att/108 SpAtt/252 HP
Kings Shield
Shadow Ball
Shadow Sneak
Iron Head

And finally another mixed wall/spin blocker. I'd hate for a rapid spinner to get one off and ruin my day. This also acts as my main wall breaker due to being a good mixed sweeper. Higher attack because of priority Shadow Sneak and STAB Iron Head. Just wait for a Rotom-W to come in and WOW me. Then Shadow Ball to surprise him.

Last edited:
One fault with this is that you have no way to force switches.
A good mega considering your team would be
Aggron@Aggronite
Sturdy->Filter
Adamant
252 HP/252 SDef/6 Atk
Thunder Wave
Dragon Tail
Iron Head/Heavy Slam
Stealth Rock

It can reapply rocks if they somehow get removed, and Iron Head loves the flinch chance, what with SW and Thunder Wave. Also just has ridiculous durability in general.

One fault with this is that you have no way to force switches.
A good mega considering your team would be
Aggron@Aggronite
Sturdy->Filter
Adamant
252 HP/252 SDef/6 Atk
Thunder Wave
Dragon Tail
Iron Head/Heavy Slam
Stealth Rock

It can reapply rocks if they somehow get removed, and Iron Head loves the flinch chance, what with SW and Thunder Wave. Also just has ridiculous durability in general.

If you want a Mega Pokemon that is actually usable I'd say try Garchomp with basically the same set. Just have a 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd EV spread as well as replacing Iron Head with Earthquake and Thunder Wave with something along the lines of Dragon Claw, Crunch or Brick Break.

If you want a super easy pokemon to KO m-garchomp is incredibly useful. Aggron is an amazing para shuffler and is outclassed by almost nothing. Plus garchomp would pretty bad on this team considering he has a dragonite which would give a good weakness to ice. That's not even counting galvantula which would bring ice weakness up to half his team. I'd say a max invested HP and Def aggron is the way to go. It's a great para shuffler and wall.

By the way if you are interested I can get you a sr Aaron.

MAggron reaches 250 Def at level 50 with no Def investment. Compared to only 100 SDef at lv. 50 with no investment, Investing in SDef is the way to go as it greatly increases durability, which is something you want on a parashuffler(not to mention stall teams in general) My EV spread gives you defensive stats of 177/250/132. You're essentially turning all specially based 3HKOs into 4HKOs and some 2HKOs into 3HKOs. Increasing Defense would only turn 5HKOs into 6HKOs. By then, you would have time, even uninvested in defense, to paralyze the foe, set up rocks(if necessary), and phaze them out.
When investing fully into bulk, unless you're running a dedicated wall(which a mega is not, they're usually tanks.), to invest into the two lowest stats.

Actually for MAggron you want 240 SDef, 16 Def Relaxed (0IV in Speed preferable). This ensures you under speed Aegislash so you can hit it in Blade Forme, and also let's you hit a jump point in Defense for the nature mod. You want a + Def nature because Nature is multiplicative, and 10% of MAggron's Def is like 25 (a lot) vs an Attack increase which is less significant. This 252/16/240 spread is ideal for both RestTalk and Tank (Parashuffler) Aggron and should only be changed to be more offensive for Rock Polish sets.

Last edited:
Decided that I do want a Mega Aggron on this team. Think I'm going to swap out Aegislash. Eventhough he acts as a good spin blocker I really have no choice other than Dragonite and I really like the fat dragon.

@BadAssKoala-What would you want for the sr Aron?

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom