Focused on the titular Team Magma, Team Magma's Red-Hot Rage sees players taking on a series of Team Magma Grunts, as well as the Team Magma Admin Tabitha. Players will receive Event Voucher D for completing battles in this event, which can be redeemed in the Exchange Items menu for a variety of items including a Tech Move Candy Coin, 5★-Guaranteed Scout Tickets, and Custom 5★ Zinnia & Rayquaza Legendary Spirit, which can be used to raise Zinnia & Rayquaza to 6★ EX. Players will be able to obtain these rewards even if they have previously completed the Villain Event during previous runs of the event. Raising Zinnia & Rayquaza to 6★ EX will also add a song to the in-game Jukebox.
Unlike regular Story Events, this Villain Event does not include any lineup bonuses to increase battle rewards. There are however special bonuses for Hoenn Sync Pairs, who will have increased Attack, Defense, Special Attack and Special Defence when used in missions for this event, giving them an easier time in completing stages.
Players should also note the following when playing this event:
- To participate, players must have completed Main Story Chapter 1: The More the Merrier (Normal) in single-player.
- The sync pairs that appear as opponents in battle have different capabilities than those players can actually obtain.
- The number of plays available for Daily Extreme Battle 1 are reset every day at 10:00 p.m. (PST)
- All mission completion rewards must be claimed within three days of the mission period ending.
- When the exchange period for the vouchers obtained in this event ends, leftover Event Voucher D items will be converted into coins (10 coins per voucher) and sent to each player's Present Box.
May (Anniversary 2022) & Latias and Sygna Suit Brendan & Latios feature in this special Double Feature Poké Fair Scout. Synga Suit Brendan & Latios originally debuted in a Poké Fair Scout alongside the original run of Team Magma's Red-Hot Rage. As with a typical Poké Fair Scout, 5★ Sync Pairs will have a 10% chance of appearing, with the two featured trainers having a higher chance of being scouted. This scout will be available until April 14th at 10:59pm (PDT).
In conjunction with this scout, May (Anniversary 2022) & Latias's sync grid has now been expanded with new Fair-Exclusive Sync Pair tiles. Some of these tiles will only unlock when players raise the Sync Pair's move level to 2, 4, or 5.