• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Team Plasma

Re: The villian team.

Yeah, but galactic was pretty boring. We need a 12+ game with a villian team that actually does some intresting, like blow up the starting town =P

That's odd. I definitely found Team Galactic to be the most interesting of all of the teams... after all, they do seem to like to blow things up for no reason. Celestic Town... Lake Valor... yeah, I'd say that they have the blowing up stuff aspect of being evil covered.

But, honestly, I think that it would be awesome if there was an evil team that was trying to destroy something, and you needed the help of the Legendary Pokemon to stop them. That's at least a little different than the usual "We're going to use Dialga/Palkia/Groudon/Kyogre/etc. to destroy the world!"

But, honestly, I think that it would be awesome if there was an evil team that was trying to destroy something, and you needed the help of the Legendary Pokemon to stop them. That's at least a little different than the usual "We're going to use Dialga/Palkia/Groudon/Kyogre/etc. to destroy the world!"

That was Emerald, wasn't it? Regardless, it would make a welcome change following RSDPPt. I suppose it would be too much to ask for the evil team to do something not involving a legendary...

I dunno about you guys, I wanna see them all team up to form the "Team of Calamitous Intent"!

Last edited:

Ok, I went through the game text again and he never said that. Sorry. But if Team Rocket comes back it's going to seem terribly overused. Three different Team Rocket plots is a bit much when we could get something new and fresh.

Personally, I think the idea of creating new villain teams is the retarded choice, and they should continue using Team Rocket as reoccurring villains, similar to Bowser almost always being the villain in Mario. I would want nothing more from Gen V if Team Rocket returned again.

Team Rocket killed my mommy!

Oh wait that's Cubone..

Anyway back on-topic, I seriously think it should be Rocket again, I mean how many evil organazations can there be in one country

Team "We are actually dangerous". Really the only dangerous team I think is rocket. Team Glactic is just a bunch of emotionless idiots who are beaten incedibly easily.

Team "We are actually dangerous".

This. Although I think they went pretty dang far for creating a team that wanted to actually destroy the universe in a more complex manner than expanding the sea or land.

Really the only dangerous team I think is rocket. Team Glactic is just a bunch of emotionless idiots who are beaten incedibly easily.

Personally, I think seemingly emotionless criminals are the more dangerous, since they have the potential to show no remorse 'n whatnot for their actions... which is exactly what Cyrus was. He didn't feel any remorse, and he even vows to not giving up... which is the main reason why I think he has a higher probability of re-appearing than TR.

I don't personally see how TG was beaten "easily" either. You might as well say that for all the villain teams, since they were all beaten eventually. And I'm not counting TR appearing in 2 generations either, I'm talking about each individual game.

Last edited:

I thought the point of the Team Galactic goons was that most of them had no idea what the big goal of the organization was, and seemed to be simply in it because they were easily influenced. In other words, sacrificial lambs. Cyrus didn't seem to care what happened to any of his underlings particularly.

Personally, I liked that attribute.

When I said exploding things I ment things like killing the fat bloke from pallet town. It wouldn't make much of a differance but it actually make them evil. More evilness. I don't like the boring bits between gyms if there isn't an evil team involved between.

When I said exploding things I ment things like killing the fat bloke from pallet town. It wouldn't make much of a differance but it actually make them evil. More evilness. I don't like the boring bits between gyms if there isn't an evil team involved between.

There ain't no way that Game Freak will go THAT far, as far as killing other humans anyways. I'm with ya on the non-evil team events between gyms though. They were pretty "deep" involving TG and Cyrus himself in Platinum, I'd like for them to have the evil team appear more/be more involved with the story in a similar fashion.

Personally, I never liked the "Oh, look, an evil team is going to kill us all/steal our Pokemon, I should help you" champions. The anime shows all the gym leaders to be helpful, friendly people who blast Team Rocket off when the time comes. That is why I like PokeSpe's portrayal of some gym leaders and E4 members better.

However, I would like a dangerous, powerful Team that has already won and is in control of the region, as previously stated. I would like the boss to attack you early on with powerful Pokemon that you are not supposed to beat, and for every gym leader and E4 member to be somehow connected to the team or the rebels. No more goody-two-shoes champions for me.

I'd actually like to see a Rocket return, and there maybe a shred of evidence: when you beat the rogue foreign member in Cerulean, I think he says something about going home and starting Team Rocket there...

How 'bout Team L.U.L.Z.? I'm not exactly sure what those letters would stand for, but it probably means that at the end of each sentence, they say "lulz".:p

Hi !
I haven't read all the pages but I came up with an idea xD so i'm just gonna post it here...
Team rocket is my favourite team but I think that a lot of time needs to be between their separation (they disbanded right?) and a comeback... maybe giovanni starting from scratch to a neorocket team or something..

For the fifth generation I would like to see a team with the same basic structure.. executives+grunts etc,,
but with a different plot, maybe a team that people don't know is bad, some kind of organization that wants to take over but in the shadows..in secret.. and you just discovered them by accident... maybe even the champion is helping them and then you make him/her know the truth

for the organization i see maybe a pokemon school or something that people can "trust" and then when thay have enough followers they start like brainwashing them and to take control of the "market" and expand financially... something more realistic than creating a new world
something about money and power.. since for me, those are the main reasons for evilness

I hope that was understandable since english is not my first language XD
bye!

How about the evil team leader help you at first, "to test if you can fit in the team", of course you will be forced to say no when he asks..
Maybe a little cliché, but it haven't happened in Pokemon yet.

How about the evil team leader help you at first, "to test if you can fit in the team", of course you will be forced to say no when he asks..
Maybe a little cliché, but it haven't happened in Pokemon yet.

But didn't they do that in FireRed and LeafGreen? Well, something like it?

I personally think they should do what ever they want, as long as whenever they take over a city, they actually completly TAKE OVER it, I would be so happy. Haha. It's funny. I would be happy if the evil was worse. Is that irony?

Completely off-the-wall concept I came up with during a blog post:

What if we found out that after all this time, with all he's put the players through in all the Generations, Professor Samuel Oak really was a mad scientist using the players to destroy the world through the obsessive capture of matter/energy beings that conveniently fit into baseball-sized containers in their energy state?

Since the Gen III and IV teams don't seem to have captured players' imaginations in the same way as Team Rocket, despite increasingly elaborate and devastating plots, maybe it's time to go back to something smaller, but meaner?

Teams Aqua, Magma and Galactic were all the product of misguided idealism. Even Cyrus, insane and nihilistic as he was, genuinely thought he'd be creating a better world. And while it's nice for villains to have believable motivations and so on, these motivations don't have to be altruistic.

I'd like to see villains along the lines of J from the anime. Even though Team Rocket were outright stated to be criminals who mistreated Pokemon we only know for sure that they were responsible for the death of one. It's be interesting to see a genuinely ruthless, amoral team... or at least one that's run by somebody genuinely ruthless and amoral. I don't think this would necessarily be 'too dark' for the games... Cyrus was a pretty twisted character overall.

So, yeah. Nasty villains who pose a genuine threat to the player, rather than some cheesy take-over-the-world thing.

I'd actually like to see a Rocket return, and there maybe a shred of evidence: when you beat the rogue foreign member in Cerulean, I think he says something about going home and starting Team Rocket there...

Yeah, that was my thought, also. I just got to that part of SoulSilver, and I instantly thought that it was foreshadowing for Generation V, especially since nothing like that happened in the original GSC. Glad to know I'm not the only one that jumped to that conclusion.

Back
Top Bottom