• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Team Plasma

Re: The villian team.

Since the Gen III and IV teams don't seem to have captured players' imaginations in the same way as Team Rocket, despite increasingly elaborate and devastating plots, maybe it's time to go back to something smaller, but meaner?

Really? I found Team Rocket bland and annoying. TA and TM were personally, for me, more exciting to fight (and had better music) and Team Galactic, to me, was an actual threat years ago. I remember my fight with Cyrus in the distorted world far more than Giovanni's gym battle in Pokemon Yellow. So for me, more plots similar to Team Aqua/Magma/Galactic than bland people like Team Rocket.

So, yeah. Nasty villains who pose a genuine threat to the player, rather than some cheesy take-over-the-world thing.

I'm always shocked that the final battle with the big bad has never taken place in your hometown, in your house, where they're holding your mom or the local professor hostage.

I mean come on, it's RIGHT THERE. Low hanging fruit. Tolkien did it, they can do it too.

But didn't they do that in FireRed and LeafGreen? Well, something like it?

I personally think they should do what ever they want, as long as whenever they take over a city, they actually completly TAKE OVER it, I would be so happy. Haha. It's funny. I would be happy if the evil was worse. Is that irony?

The real evil is using comic sans.

How bout Team Evil? :D

Seriously though, it's about time there's a good Team, whether it be the International Police or someone else.

Team Aero FTW!

Team Soviet Union
Team People's Republic
Team Queada
Team North Korea
ect

what about team USA?
we've got military bases (and some nuclear ones) in more than 100 countries
but i don't think the villains are supposed to be political statements...

anyways, i wish gamefreak would change the pokemon teams of the villains, team rocket's zubats, koffings etc. are getting really monotonous... i was really digging the change of pace with the team magma/aqua teams but i still wish we could have a bit more of a challenge..

What about Looker? He's just one guy. Where's his team/squad/force? AND WHY DOES HE LET THE CHILD FIGHT HIS BATTLES.

Team Jerks.

They said you guys all look like wimps.

No one has said this yet...

Giovanni, head of team Aqua, Head of Team Magma, Head of team Galatic (Cyrus I guess?)

TAKE OVER THE WORLD FOR ONCE AND FOR ALL!

Its taboo for them to work together isn't it though...

They could probably do it decently if they all pitched in.

I want to see realistic 'teams,' not just crazy people in ridiculous costume. Team Galactic was great, but it still had that b-movie feel going on. Then again, what's villainy without some slick SS-like uniforms and massive parades through the street? That scene in Platinum with Cyrus addressing his grunts was soooooo Third Reich.

Personally, I'd like to see a 'secret society' infiltrating and influencing government.

What about Looker? He's just one guy. Where's his team/squad/force? AND WHY DOES HE LET THE CHILD FIGHT HIS BATTLES.

Because his Croagunk can't do shit.

I'm not sure exactly what I expect or want from the evil team this time, except that it's just as "epic" as TG or even a little bit more. I'm hoping that the upcoming game announcement sheds a teeny bit of light, but that's more than likely not gonna happen till later in the year. Evil teams aren't typically found out about/announced until somebody plays through the games and writes down a walkthrough *looks at Serebii*. Or have the evil teams been part of announcement/CoroCoro issue before?

Or have the evil teams been part of announcement/CoroCoro issue before?
Yes. The first word of Teams Magma and Aqua got out in October 2002 (a month before Ruby and Sapphire's release), while Team Galactic were featured in July 2006 (two months before Diamond and Pearl's release). However, none of the Leaders or crucial story elements had been revealed before respective games were released (though Mars was revealed alongside Roark a few weeks ahead).

My hope is that at some point during the coverage (most likely not this month or even in the next one), it will be implied that the villains this time around are going to be completely different from their predecessors (no more grunts, for one). There is no need to beat a dead horse for the sake of it.

*looks at Serebii*.
Don't expect Serebii to be very useful in providing plot-related information unless Coronis is around.

why should it be a team why could it be a tribe an uncivilized tribe that worship a pokemon and the villian leader would be the pokemon itself controlling the people and sending message to a prophet like leader of the villian tribe... it would be exiting

I'm for bringing back Rocket.

Galactic was terrible.

I think there should be two villanous teams like in RSE called Team Yin and Team Yang...Pkmn Black focuses on Team Yin and Pkmn White focuses on Team Yang

I think there should be two villanous teams like in RSE called Team Yin and Team Yang...Pkmn Black focuses on Team Yin and Pkmn White focuses on Team Yang

See, I'm with that. But they'd have to do better than how Magma and Aqua was handled.

In other threads, I found it interesting how people related the names to chess, because of the colors. Maybe we should have one of those bad guys that are really manipulative and thinks out everything like a chess game.:naughty: Or not... might be too "serial killer" or somethin'.

Omg the idea of chess is brilliant because of all the different positions of the players. It could be the source of the hierarchy in the evil teams.

Oh and the premises of the different versions is that the evil teams are fighting each other more actively than in ruby and sapphire. You have to pick a side and can be apart of that teams hierarchy.

I don't know about all of you but I would prefer that they expand on what Aura is, and probably make it the basis for the villian team, if not the whole game... Some kind of "star wars"-like thing but replacing all the space stuff obviously but hey, that's just me...

Last edited:

I just want to battle the boss on a giant chessboard looking field.

Back
Top Bottom