• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Team Plasma

Re: The villian team.

He's not dead what are you talking about? He ran off and kept training.

Granted in Special he has some weird illness, but that's Special and he was alive last we heard anyway.

Also regarding wanting villians who aren't out for the Good Of All, so that leaves...Rocket and...Go-Rock? And probably the Orre teams, right?

He doesn't. Watch the event again on Youtube, read what he says about it all being a waste, and listen to the sound effects and the music's shift in tone. All of it adds up to him jumping into the water just outside the door, presumably to drown himself.

A bit grimdark for Pokemon, but likelier than him going off to train some more.

How about an evil team that uses Lunatone and Solrock (and possibly a pre-evo or evo of them) to battle you while trying to cause eternal night (version with lunatone) or eternal day (version with solrock).

I personally think that Team Rocket was the best because rather than trying to alter landscape aspects in any way, they were just a bunch of greedy thugs, with an intelligent leader.

I've got to say that to me the best idea, if you wanted something original, would be to have the player character start out in what he thinks is a fair environment, only to have the Team from the game basically have a communistic regime over the region. It would be the player characters job to free the region from the team, rather than to keep the team from gaining control in the first place.

Also, I really dislike the idea of two separate teams, because they would spend too much time fighting each other to actually pose any threat. If you want multiple teams, there should be a small side team made up of some refugees from Team Rocket, Team Aqua, Team Magma, and Team Galactic. This would be much more interesting, as they would provide a distraction from the main team, rather than posing a major threat.

Basically, you could have the main Team that has power, while the secondary team just wants to capture pokemon for gain and/or to alter landscape features. Then, while you are attempting to oppose the main Team, the rag tag team could show up at inconvenient times and foil your plans to stop the main team, until eventually after the eighth gym, you are able to defeat the main Team and the Elite Four and Champion are restored to their posts. After this, the main team poses no real threat, and the leader instead orders them to search out a new region to conquer, while the ragtag team interferes in various post elitefour events and causes a little bit of trouble.

This seems rather original to me, following the formula of a villainous team, but mixing it up to be a bit more original. After all, it would be most interesting when after you have beaten the Elite Four, you find the ragtag team has sent messengers to the various regions in an attempt to combine their teams in order to recreate and rule the world. Requiring you to put a stop to this nefarious plan, and allowing Giovanni to make a cameo of some sort, deciding to end the nonsense and attempting to take control.

I don't know really, I'm just tired of people complaining about every aspect of Pokemon but insisting they love the games.

^ this was pretty much how my fake game's team was set up (though that was a mix of Rocket, Aqua, and Magma)

I personally think that Team Rocket was the best because rather than trying to alter landscape aspects in any way, they were just a bunch of greedy thugs, with an intelligent leader.

I've got to say that to me the best idea, if you wanted something original, would be to have the player character start out in what he thinks is a fair environment, only to have the Team from the game basically have a communistic regime over the region. It would be the player characters job to free the region from the team, rather than to keep the team from gaining control in the first place.

Also, I really dislike the idea of two separate teams, because they would spend too much time fighting each other to actually pose any threat. If you want multiple teams, there should be a small side team made up of some refugees from Team Rocket, Team Aqua, Team Magma, and Team Galactic. This would be much more interesting, as they would provide a distraction from the main team, rather than posing a major threat.

Basically, you could have the main Team that has power, while the secondary team just wants to capture pokemon for gain and/or to alter landscape features. Then, while you are attempting to oppose the main Team, the rag tag team could show up at inconvenient times and foil your plans to stop the main team, until eventually after the eighth gym, you are able to defeat the main Team and the Elite Four and Champion are restored to their posts. After this, the main team poses no real threat, and the leader instead orders them to search out a new region to conquer, while the ragtag team interferes in various post elitefour events and causes a little bit of trouble.

This seems rather original to me, following the formula of a villainous team, but mixing it up to be a bit more original. After all, it would be most interesting when after you have beaten the Elite Four, you find the ragtag team has sent messengers to the various regions in an attempt to combine their teams in order to recreate and rule the world. Requiring you to put a stop to this nefarious plan, and allowing Giovanni to make a cameo of some sort, deciding to end the nonsense and attempting to take control.

I don't know really, I'm just tired of people complaining about every aspect of Pokemon but insisting they love the games.

This. I really like the idea of the region being under control to start with, and it would be your job to restore the region back to normal. It would definately feel like the games would have a little more depth to them also, storyline-wise. And your last sentence too... to be honest here, I hardly have any complaints about the games in anything, and if I do they're not usually big rants or what-have-you. When it comes to these games, I'm pretty easy-going and just enjoy whatever they have to offer. I may have liked the TG plot alot better than the Aqua/Magma plot, but I've liked all the games regardless.

And your last sentence too... to be honest here, I hardly have any complaints about the games in anything, and if I do they're not usually big rants or what-have-you. When it comes to these games, I'm pretty easy-going and just enjoy whatever they have to offer. I may have liked the TG plot alot better than the Aqua/Magma plot, but I've liked all the games regardless.

High Five!!! I can't stand how some of the people here just complain about things! I have always loved these games and can't really think of a reason why, most likely it is just because they are familiar and fun.

Iron Mask Marauder[s said:
I always thought there was a possibility of Cyrus being an aura user without knowing it. The way he talks about feeling power from the mountain, and how he can sense Giratina before there's any evidence of it...[/s]

I like the inept grunts. Be interesting to see really funny grunts that have a higher degree of success, but I thought it was refreshing to see some humor in an evil team.

Also--odds on the 5th gen leader having a Crobat? It seems standard for evil team leaders now, even those that have to break character to get one (*coughhappinessevolutioncough*)

...I'm gonna borrow that first paragraph because that is bloody awesome.

I read the whole forum somewhere, and spotted this post. The villainous Team Leader should have a Crobat, too. Very important to see that maybe they care for their Pokemon. Especially for Cyrus's case, where Platinum really shows he's not as stoic as he'd like to be.

Just no more Team Rocket. Small-time mafia, yeah, that is a REAL original villain. ._.

This next villainous team, I'd really love to see Cyrus return. That man is too dead sexy too brilliant to be left all alone in Platinum.

Pokemon Ron Paul version

Brave New Pokemon World

Arceus Shrugged

etc

Bio(thunder)Shock.

dwvuhz.jpg

¯\(°_o)/¯

fake edit: after having looked up Ron+Paul, Handgun, US+Constitution, American+Flag and Hamburger into Google Images my internet has now slowed to a crawl... So much for net neutrality! Welcome to Obama's America, people.

Last edited:

...I'm gonna borrow that first paragraph because that is bloody awesome.

I read the whole forum somewhere, and spotted this post. The villainous Team Leader should have a Crobat, too. Very important to see that maybe they care for their Pokemon. Especially for Cyrus's case, where Platinum really shows he's not as stoic as he'd like to be.

Just no more Team Rocket. Small-time mafia, yeah, that is a REAL original villain. ._.

This next villainous team, I'd really love to see Cyrus return. That man is too dead sexy too brilliant to be left all alone in Platinum.

If anyone had a higher possibility of returning someway, it'd definately be Cyrus. As much as I love Team Rocket myself, I don't think there's a very good chance of them appearing for a 3rd time. I'd quote a post of mine earlier concerning Cyrus vs. TR as far as returning goes, but not now... I gots to go to work.

dwvuhz.jpg

¯\(°_o)/¯

fake edit: after having looked up Ron+Paul, Handgun, US+Constitution, American+Flag and Hamburger into Google Images my internet has now slowed to a crawl... So much for net neutrality! Welcome to Obama's America, people.

Obama used Health Care Reform!
It's not very effective...

If anyone had a higher possibility of returning someway, it'd definately be Cyrus. As much as I love Team Rocket myself, I don't think there's a very good chance of them appearing for a 3rd time. I'd quote a post of mine earlier concerning Cyrus vs. TR as far as returning goes, but not now... I gots to go to work.

What makes you say that? He has no more reason to return than Archie and Maxie.

Plus the anime kinda implied that he's killed or something so bringing him back would be difficult.

not to mention that I have no idea what Cyrus would do should he return.

I guess him saying that one day the player would wake up in his world could be seen as a hint for him to return.
As much as I like him, I actually wouldn't want him to return. In my opinion, his story is perfect the way it is now.

And I absolutely don't want two teams again. I love RSE and I like Aqua and Magma (as silly as they were), but I'd rather have the focus be on one team and that one be really fleshed out (at least as much as Galactic in Platinum).

And I'd also like it to have some unique intentions, Team Lunar/Solar seem really too much like Aqua/Magma.

(I also doubt Giovanni really killed himself. That noise after the music stops sounds more like my radio does when it hates me and doesn't have good reception than a 'splash' from someone jumping off a waterfall. And I always interpreted Ethan's/Lyra's comment to be about Giovanni practically saying that he gives up on his plans with Team Rocket, so of course he wouldn't return to them.
...It would also be rather morbid if that's their only reaction to their best friend driving someone into suicide. As the player, I wouldn't want to be friends with them anymore :\)

Last edited:

(I also doubt Giovanni really killed himself. That noise after the music stops sounds more like my radio does when it hates me and doesn't have good reception than a 'splash' from someone jumping off a waterfall. And I always interpreted Ethan's/Lyra's comment to be about Giovanni practically saying that he gives up on his plans with Team Rocket, so of course he wouldn't return to them.
...It would also be rather morbid if that's their only reaction to their best friend driving someone into suicide. As the player, I wouldn't want to be friends with them anymore :\)

Is this relating to when we see him in HG/SS? If so, then I can't say for certain, but I probably agree.

Will be a regurgitation of previous villain teams, with a name change, hair style change and clothe change. Will be the same stupid "baddies" that get beaten by the "good" ten year old.

Kinda unrelated to the topic at hand, but am I the only one who thinks Giovannis event in HG/SS ruined his potential character development?

Don't get me wrong; clarifying that Silver is his son is pretty great [side tangent on my off topic post; does anyone else think it's kinda silly that Silver's name is still Silver, while Gold is now Ethan?], awesome even.

My understanding of Giovanni's defeat from Red at the Viridian Gym was that he was just going to give up evil; give up on Team Rocket. He was just going to train to be a stronger Pokémon trainer. Almost as if, if there was dialogue between Giovanni and Red [with Red talking], they'd make a bet along the lines of, "If I win, you join Team Rocket, if you win, I quit." No, that didn't happen, I'm just saying.

Then, my understanding of the Goldenrod Radio Tower adventure was, the REASON Giovanni doesn't show up is because he has given up on Team Rocket. They keep trying and trying to get a hold of him, but he never comes.

I am partially happy that he doesn't come because of a strange time paradox travel funtimes, but I really wish that he didn't come because he wasn't going to.

Then we need to be asking ourselves if we want giovanni to return if team rocket returns. I wouldn't mind I would rather see something along the lines of what the organization hunter j belonged to.

What about Team Nazi, an evil pokemon team determind to rid the world of all shiney pokemon, just because they're different.

Back
Top Bottom