• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Team Plasma

Re: The villian team.

Actually, I think that they should only use shiny pokemon, and want to perform genocide on all non-shiny pokémon. For the worst time of the game, the chance of encountering a shiny would be 1 in 16. They may also invent a shiny pokémon inducer, that makes pokémon more agressive and in pain as well, which is your reason for destroying the team.

i wouldn't really mind that though. 1 in 16 chance of encountering a shiny? Hells yes. Where would be the incentive to complete the game? lol

i wouldn't really mind that though. 1 in 16 chance of encountering a shiny? Hells yes. Where would be the incentive to complete the game? lol

Simple! Like every pokemon game they make it linear and force you to beat the evil team whether you wish to or not!

Although, having an increased likelihood of shinies doesn't sound like a good idea to me, it just sounds like an excellent way to flood the game with shinies making them less valuable.

Maybe the shinying device only makes pokémon shiny while it's on, and when you destroy it/switch it off, all the shinies that you caught would return to normal, except maybe one in 8192 of the ones you caught would be naturally shiny, therefore retaining the value of shinies until you finished the game. In addition, the shinying device would block communications, making it impossible to trade the induced shinies.

sadly i think the only teams that were actually competent were aqua and magma plus i loved team magmas uniforms

What makes you say that? He has no more reason to return than Archie and Maxie.

Plus the anime kinda implied that he's killed or something so bringing him back would be difficult.

not to mention that I have no idea what Cyrus would do should he return.

I've suggested this idea a shitload of times in various threads that even you have posted in as well, and you're asking me this NOW?:p But since you asked, here it is:

1. In all three games, he has implied that he isn't going to give up on his plans... he doesn't really elaborate on HOW he will, but still vows that he's going to do it. Cyrus being the only evil team leader who doesn't show regret for his actions and doesn't apologize or anything adds more fuel to the fire... which naturally, gives him a higher chance than either Giovanni, Archie, or Maxie returning since they practically gave up and showed no interest in furthering their goals.

2. The fact that you as the Player can enter and exit the Distortion World in Platinum at any time would also warrant the possibility of Cyrus being able to do that as well. This little part of my theory would only apply to Platinum's situation though, while in Diamond and Pearl his whereabouts are unknown... and yet in those games also vows to have his revenge 'n whatnot.

As for the anime, it's currently unknown what happened to him for sure, pretty much all we can do is speculate. In J's case, we basically witness her die in the most detailed way possible, while in Cyrus' case it's unsure if just that portal was destroyed, or if the dimension he created was destroyed along with it. After watching the episode, I did however come up with a theory... bear with me, this might be a little long:

With his hand device, Cyrus apparently had the power of the "Original One", which is more than likely Arceus (which explains why the Red Chain took the shape of Arceus' ring-thingy when it wrapped around Dialga and Palkia). True, it was probably created for the sole purpose of controlling the Pixies and the Space/Time Dragons. But the fact that he basically had the power of Arceus in the palm of his hand (literally) has made me wonder about something... would it also be possible for him to do more than control those particular Pokemon? For what happened to him in the anime, I think that he was able to create some sort of alternate dimension and call it his "new world". When Dialga and Palkia aimed for it, I think that all they destroyed was the portal into that dimension, instead of the dimension itself... therefore he could still be floating around in that alternate dimension/universe that he created. Now, we go back to that hand device... providing he's still in that dimension and hasn't died, believe it or not he would still be wearing that device. If he actually does contain the power of Arceus in that thing, there's a possibility that he might be able to use it in other ways, for example: opening up another portal for him to return. If you think about it, the Red Chain is what they used in the first place to open up the portals to Dialga's and Palkia's dimesions so that they could summon them with the Orbs. If the Red Chain on its own was used to do just that, would it be possible for Cyrus himself to use his little hand device to do the same thing, opening up a portal? Maybe, we don't know that... but if he isn't dead and wanted (and he probably doesn't want to anyways, he got the universe that he wanted) to return, that's the only way that I can think of at the moment.

But right now, I'm not concerened about the anime. I'm more focused on the games, since right now we're still in Sinnoh and probably will be for a little while longer, since Black and White don't come out till fall, and it's still spring yet.

Now, I'm not going for my theories 100% either... I have as much doubt about him returning as you do. But the main point of my theories is that if any remnants of the evil teams did return for some reason, Cyrus would have a higher probability than any others, including Team Rocket.

Maybe the shinying device only makes pokémon shiny while it's on, and when you destroy it/switch it off, all the shinies that you caught would return to normal, except maybe one in 8192 of the ones you caught would be naturally shiny, therefore retaining the value of shinies until you finished the game. In addition, the shinying device would block communications, making it impossible to trade the induced shinies.

That sounds like a horrible, horrible, horrible fucking tease. Hulk smash if that happen.

Just an idea if they made a neo-nazi villanous team that threatened genocide against all non-shinies.

I don't know if Game Freak would go that far though... to even base it off neo-Nazis or the original Nazis themselves. It's like one of those points in the Earth's history that's... well, I think everybody knows what I'm getting at here.:sweatlol:

But giving you shinies and then taking them away? That's fucked up.

But giving you shinies and then taking them away? That's messed up.

I think that is an odd idea.

I still like Lunar and Solar. But many many good ideas have been posted.

100th post! Oh yeah.

I'm suprised that shinies haven't even been targeted by Team Rocket or somebody like that in the games, other than the Red Gyarados... like because of their rareness, they'd try and sell 'em off for profit.

I'd personally like to be on the opposite side of the baddies this time around. Maybe you're an executive's kid, or something, and the team's main goal would be to overthrow the whole Pokémon gym/1337 four/champion thing. You'd end up beating gym leaders only because you're influenced to by the ideals of your parents, not because you wanted to be the champion or something.

I dunno about the details, but being on the 'bad' side and perhaps going to the 'good' would be interesting.

I'd personally like to be on the opposite side of the baddies this time around. Maybe you're an executive's kid, or something, and the team's main goal would be to overthrow the whole Pokémon gym/1337 four/champion thing. You'd end up beating gym leaders only because you're influenced to by the ideals of your parents, not because you wanted to be the champion or something.

I dunno about the details, but being on the 'bad' side and perhaps going to the 'good' would be interesting.

I actually quite like this idea.

My understanding of Giovanni's defeat from Red at the Viridian Gym was that he was just going to give up evil; give up on Team Rocket. He was just going to train to be a stronger Pokémon trainer. Almost as if, if there was dialogue between Giovanni and Red [with Red talking], they'd make a bet along the lines of, "If I win, you join Team Rocket, if you win, I quit." No, that didn't happen, I'm just saying.
That's how it happened in Pokémon Adventures.

But yeah, from watching the Giovanni event...he so topped himself.

I'm suprised that shinies haven't even been targeted by Team Rocket or somebody like that in the games, other than the Red Gyarados... like because of their rareness, they'd try and sell 'em off for profit.

Well that is understandable. Red Gyarados was there to show the existance of shinies for players. Shinies came in Gen II and Johto Team Rocket were the villains of that gen. So yeah, kinda like the reason you start your journey in Gen II to get an egg in Gen II, eggs came that gen.

That would be soooo damn cool. You'd have to sneak in and steal your pokemon as well, maybe?

Team Republican?

More terrorism would be nice. Galactic and regular TR weren't very violent to humans. Also less obnoxious members.

I think we can all agree more terrorism with our pokémon is a good idea :)

Arceus is Brahman? Woah. That brings a whole new perspective to Pokemon.

Try looking up Avalokittesvara (sp?). Arceus seems to borrow some mythology here too.

As for teams...I really don't care anymore. Just give me a leader with a freaking trenchcoat.

Noooo he needs a cape/cloak, both kick ass!

I know the Ziz is typically a bird, but I think it fits with the idea of Groundon as a behemoth and Kyogre as a leviathan.. I don't think its a coincidence either you could translate the idea of blocking out the sun to Rayquaza's weather lock ability.

Especially with this remark:

I don't think I'm too far off the mark here.

I second this

1/16? that would massively devalue shinies to me. Maybe 1/4204?

If you choose boy protagonist, you get to deal with Team Fangirl.
If you choose girl, you have Team Perv.
That would be kick-ass.

More to the point, it could be more Earth based, like Team Geo? We had A+M teams, so why not? Rocket and Galactic were similar name-wise.

I want to fight the Government.

Government conspiracy! Lets have a high powered group within the government itself that's trying to overthrow the law as it is. You as a trainer will some how discovers this and put an end to it. Maybe the foes could be tough for once. Lulz that'd be quite the storyline.

Brilliant, absolutely brilliant, and totally something that could be done. At the end of the story, with heartfelt music playing, the character could realize that they had only been doing what they had been doing because of their parents and not their true desires. Then they could turn good and defeat their parents, head of evil team X and then it would be super amazing.

Of course in the Anime ash would fight a long side this character to defeat team X and over the course of his journey be trying to stop this kid and his evil deeds. It could work!

Back
Top Bottom