• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Team Plasma

I love how the TP plot ended, but it seems anti-climactic to start the battle off with Reshiram VS Zekrom, and then you and N use the rest of your team.

It would be much nicer if your dragon hadn't shown up yet, and you fight N's normal Pokemon. You beat him, so he summons Zekrom/Reshiram to fight you. After that, the orb thingy activates and Reshiram/Zekrom shows up and battles by your side and save the whole "catch 'em all" for post-game stuff.

It seems like a much better flow and is less anti-climactic. That and you don't have your dragon with you when Geechizu challenges you to a battle at the end since both of them would have flown away. Your Pokemon get healed before that battle obviously.

He is by birthright. That's how hereditary rule works.

the goddess' of love I guess. They really have no explanation.

The goddesses of love and Peace

whatever the hell that's supposed to mean...(I can smell the censorship in the upcoming english version)

they're part of something called the Dark Trinity

yet we never see the third one (maybe in the next game) and are the servants of N

What? No, they aren't a part of the dark trinity. Those are the three ninjas that work for N.

So why are they with Team Plasma?
Are they even with Team Plasma? They're either insane with a major god complex, or they are actually who they say they are, which is weird even for Pokemon considering they never had anthropomorphic gods. Most of the "god-like" Pokemon are monstrous in appearance so this is a new one.

Are they part of Team Plasma, or did they just appear at N's coronation and the final battle because they knew something was going to shake up the World's order? Both N and the Player character are probably doing what they are for their love of Pokemon and both think that what they're doing is best, so love and peace...

I can understand having information that is not explained because it's supposed to be a secret for something in the future. Makes it more of a genuine surprise, I get that.

But where's the logic in showing two brand new characters in the friggin' intro and never outright explaining them in the main story? That's just... beyond stupid. Now everyone is going to be asking about them. Maybe they're trying to set the "gun" on the stage before having it come out to "shoot" someone.

Unless it was explained and I'm missing a huge chunk of the story. Anyone want to correct me?

But where's the logic in showing two brand new characters in the friggin' intro and never outright explaining them in the main story? That's just... beyond stupid. Now everyone is going to be asking about them. Maybe they're trying to set the "gun" on the stage before having it come out to "shoot" someone.

I'm just assuming the two women are projections of Rer and Zek, really.

But where's the logic in showing two brand new characters in the friggin' intro and never outright explaining them in the main story?
Fanservice.

I mean, a pretty woman is a must for videogames, even if the developers consider and respect their female demographic. And having two...!

And if that's not satisfying enough, consider the intro itself: it's serious and mysterious and just all-around "dark". What better way to lessen the impact for those in the audience that just want to have fun? A pair of girls with a rather peaceful expression and dressed in light colors popping out of nowhere and for no reason.

...that's all I can think about their appearance in the intro and their lack of an important role during the actual game, sorry :-(

Fan service? There's nothing fan service-y about them. Unless, you know, just having the picture of a female gets you all tingly.

Back
Top Bottom