• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Team Plasma

Also one thing in N's Toy Room has the name Harmonia written on it, I forget what it was though.

Well, he's referred to as a Man in game, so probably at least 18.

He's certainly the most sympathetic villain in the game. That alone makes Team plasma one of the better teams in the main games.

Their names also come from a different language for each of them. They're multiculturalicious.

so the sages are named after the rainbow

that somehow makes me giggle
I had a passing suspicion that this was the case... :sweatlol:

What a colorful generation then, really! :XD2:

Their names also come from a different language for each of them. They're multiculturalicious.
Really? I couldn't find some of them... Can you explain that, please? :)

Stop making up words randomly :dodgy:

I had a passing suspicion that this was the case... :sweatlol:

What a colorful generation then, really! :XD2:

Really? I couldn't find some of them... Can you explain that, please? :)

From Bulbapedia

Vio comes from violet; Ryokushi contains 緑 ryoku (green); Giallo is the Italian word for yellow; Rot is the German word for red; Sumura comes from Arabic أسمر (brown, similar to orange); and Asura comes from the Spanish and Portuguese word azul (blue).

Asura is blue? You mean...

Whoa!

I beg for this to be the localization.

Last edited:
I like how all the sages are named after a color in different languages, pretty interesting touch.

Then again we already have characters named stuff like Red and Green, so I guess it was to be expected.

Then again we already have characters named stuff like Red and Green, so I guess it was to be expected.
That's also the reason Cyrus and Cynthia were named the way they were in Japanese, wasn't it? (especially Cyrus; Cynthia might qualify as a hidden spoiler and/or a hint to what would come)

Geechisu remains unknown, however. Could even be "colorless" or something... And makes me wonder again about N; does it stand for "gray"? Or for Nancy?

N might be from Neutrality or something if the color theme applies to Geechisu and N too. Just a guess I suppose...

Azura's a name too Ryuu, I sorta find it nicer sounding and if they wanna keep it that way, that'd be the most likely option :p

Maybe N stands for "niji" as in the Japanese for rainbow (虹).

Strangely, no one seems to have noticed that I suggested the same thing a month ago. (Before I figured out about Jaro and Sumura anyway).

Did anyone notice this? Some of the names of the sages seems to have a pattern.
Rotto {From rot, German for red)
Jaro (Orange??)
Sumera (From summer)
Ryokushi (From 緑 "ryoku", green)
Asura (From azul/asul, blue)
Vio (From violet)
Geechisu (???).
Maybe N stands for "niji", rainbow.

Last edited:
Maybe N stands for "niji" as in the Japanese for rainbow (虹).

Strangely, no one seems to have noticed that I suggested the same thing a month ago. (Before I figured out about Jaro and Sumura anyway).

But... but.. I noticed your suggestion...:bawl:

Anyways... I wonder what their English names will be. If the meanings of the Sages' names are supposed to be colors, then it's fairly easy to guess what they'll be anyways.

Back
Top Bottom