• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review Team Rocket Expedition which stands by the evils of love and truth

Well, this was a neat surprise!

I think the biggest thing is that we got confirmation (!) of the Paldea region's existence in the anime, and that Team Rocket are actually already in the region. I hope these shorts are indicative of a return to form of the TRio catching Pokémon, bonding with them, and doing away with that infernal gacha machine.

That aside, I'm happy to see Gen XI Starter advertisement! All of them getting cameos over the next several episodes is exciting and Sprigatito looked great here. I also find it interesting it apparently uses Leafage through the growth on its neck/chest; one of the reasons I love the anime is getting to see Pokémon physiology like that. Overall, my favorite part of yesterday's episode, and it wasn't even relevant to said episode.

I love that Sprigatito was the first Paldea Pokemon to debut in anime, considering how the anime treated the previous grass starter.

If I am not mistaken (please correct me if I'm wrong), this is the first time that Team Rocket arrives to the new region before Ash (assuming he will be in the Gen 9 anime).

I'm really hoping Team Rocket has a real purpose this generation of anime. Maybe they will encounter Team Star, and decide to take on all the Team Star bases. That will give them a purpose and a goal in the anime, and some wins too.

It doesn't make any sense to have Team Rocket without Ash though (And the reverse is also the case).

It wouldn't be a Rocket trio segment without reused animation!

In all seriousness though, this is such a great idea and I hope it somehow continues into the future, whatever that may be.

If Koraidon exists in the anime universe does that mean Arven and Professor Sada do as well? If that is the case I think this short might have just confirmed that there won't be a time skip in the next season. If there is no time skip the theory of Riko being Ash's daughter also seems unlikely.

Unless it's a different Koraidon but that would contradict the game lore since Sada only managed to get two of them. Another possibility is that Arven has just recently been born (since it's implied that Sada got Koraidon around that time?) and will be the same age as in the games after the time skip.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom